Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    And what means classical here? :
    Pre-Crisis earth-two JSA?
    Post-Crisis Legacy JSA?
    Both.
    As long as it covers their first year, since they were derived from the same starting point.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Spectacular Member

Earth 2 can continue for its fans on its own Earth, but PLEASE bring back the REAL Golden Age Pre-COIE original Earth 2 JSA (and JLA) as YOUNG heroes again. In their 40s at oldest and teenage Infinity Inc. children! That back cover teaser to Previews DC Rebirth special has to mean something.

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    Both.
    As long as it covers their first year, since they were derived from the same starting point.
    Yes, well, but not to be picky, on sale November 22nd, 1940, ALL STAR COMICS No. 3 mentions Superman, Batman and Robin. While ALL STAR COMICS No. 7, on sale August 25th, 1941, has Superman and Batman show up to help with war orphan relief. So there's a distinction between the first year of the Earth-Two Society and of the post-Crisis Earth Society.

I'd prefer an Earth-Two All-Star Squadron that had its own book, where Roy Thomas was an editorial consultant, that would pick up where the old book left off (during WW II). And having very little connection with the rest of the DC worlds--except perhaps an annual crossover event. Get Jerry Ordway to co-plot it and do the covers and it's an all-winners comic.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Yes, well, but not to be picky, on sale November 22nd, 1940, ALL STAR COMICS No. 3 mentions Superman, Batman and Robin. While ALL STAR COMICS No. 7, on sale August 25th, 1941, has Superman and Batman show up to help with war orphan relief. So there's a distinction between the first year of the Earth-Two Society and of the post-Crisis Earth Society.

I'd prefer an Earth-Two All-Star Squadron that had its own book, where Roy Thomas was an editorial consultant, that would pick up where the old book left off (during WW II). And having very little connection with the rest of the DC worlds--except perhaps an annual crossover event. Get Jerry Ordway to co-plot it and do the covers and it's an all-winners comic.
    Oh, my eyes played tricks with me...
    I misread and thought he said "Pre-Crisis Legacy JSA", so I was thinking of the '70s run with Huntress, Power Girl, Star-Spangled Kid, Robin and Wildcat.

In that case, I'll say Pre-Crisis JSA.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    If this doesn't get your excitement up, you're dead inside.

Attachment 34692
    Considering that over a year later we're still waiting to see where DC goes from here, . . .

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    If this doesn't get your excitement up, you're dead inside.

Considering that over a year later we're still waiting to see where DC goes from here, . . .
    Make that:
    Considering that over a-year-and-a-half later we're still waiting to see where DC goes from here, . . .