Voters
87. You may not vote on this poll
  • Secret Six

52 59.77%
  • Suicide Squad

35 40.23%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Default What is better Secret Six or Suicide Squad?

What do you prefer Secret Six or Suicide Squad? They have somewhat similar premises, where a bunch of super villains are forced into a protagonist role.

as a premise i think the Suicide Squad is one of the best in comics. but Gail's first Secret Six run was amazing and there have been many poorly written Suicide Squad series over the years. but i'd say overall The Suicide Squad is superior since the current Secret Six hasn't been able to capture the magic of the first run.

Secret Six is nothing like the suicide squad and frankly is more similar to doom patrol
    Suicide Squad is the better series as the writing for the most part has always been consistent whereas with secret six it just hasn't been as good as the first run but I will admit the first volume of secret six did use Deadshot well enough

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

You can't go wrong with either if you're talking about the pre-Flashpoint books...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

BANNED

Are there any good runs for either of these teams besides the John Ostrander and Gail Simone runs? The fact that these two series were at their highest quality in seperate decades makes them hard to compare.

Never Giving Up! GreenLanternRanger's Avatar

I'm partial to Secret Six myself. But apparently DC Likes Suicide Squad more.
    There's a Time For Peace, and Then There's a Time To Punch Nazi Scumbags in the Face!!

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Atlanta96 View Post
    Are there any good runs for either of these teams besides the John Ostrander and Gail Simone runs? The fact that these two series were at their highest quality in seperate decades makes them hard to compare.
    Ostrander did a 6 (8?) issue limited series in the early 00's that was also better than anything Adam Glass spewed in the New 52.

Does that count?
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

I always thought Secret Six at it's best was better than Suicide Squad, but that's not to say Suicide Squad is bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    Secret Six is nothing like the suicide squad and frankly is more similar to doom patrol
    Suicide Squad is the better series as the writing for the most part has always been consistent whereas with secret six it just hasn't been as good as the first run but I will admit the first volume of secret six did use Deadshot well enough
    Even though I have to agree that post-flashpoint Secret Six hasn't been as good as pre-flashpoint Secret Six, it's still pretty good. Six is full of dark humor and character quirks. I can't compare it to Suicide Squad because I don't know anything about Suicide Squad. I think the new Six is darker than the older book, but is still worth reading for me.

Amazing Member Grayskull Guardian's Avatar

Ostrander's Suicide Squad for sure.

As someone with a Secret Six avatar, I'm glad Suicide Squad is bombing in this poll.

Secret Six needs to be the next DC movie!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    You can't go wrong with either if you're talking about the pre-Flashpoint books...
    Pretty much this.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Secret Six has been better written in recent years, but Suicide Squad is the stronger concept IMO.

BANNED

Even though I am not reading either of these books, I am going with Secret Six being the better because it's at the very least consistent with Gail being the only writer it's ever had, she really likes the characters and seems to be free to do w/e she wants with it.

Suicide Squad on the other hand has been in print since the New 52 launch, and it feels like its been relaunched 6 times since and had it's creative team rearranged 12 times. The only thing that appears to be consistent is the presence of Harley, Deadshot and Waller. SS might be the stronger concept, but the book atm is just a mess.

I really like them both. Secret Six's last book took a while to really get going, but now it's pretty good. I love the cast and I think it's a shame it's ending.
    I wonder if it could get a revival under Vertigo or Young Animal. I'd love to see Simone really go wild and do an "uncensored" take on the team.
    Suicide Squad is now in good hands with Williams. I'm not the biggest Jim Lee or Tan fan, but there's no denying they will help bring even more visibility to the team. Katana joining could be interesting as much as I'd love her to lead her own team of Outsiders.