Page 1 of 20 1234511 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Warner Bros. Announces "Batman" Solo Film Starring Ben Affleck

At CinemaCon, CEO Kevin Tsujihara confirmed that Warner Bros. is working with Ben Affleck to develop a standalone "Batman" film.

Full article here.

Complete & Utter ☠☠☠☠ Aaron Stack's Avatar

...and in other news, water is wet. J/K, congrats. Would love to see a solo film.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Stack View Post
    ...and in other news, water is wet. J/K, congrats. Would love to see a solo film.
    Haha yeah no surprise here. Would love to see what he and Geoff cooked up though.

Let me guess the title, "The Death of Robin" or "Joker vs Batman(depending on how well Suicide Squad goes)."

Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

Batman: Under the Red Hood, but more like the animated movie.

Jason is killed by Joker a decade ago. Ra'z Al'Ghul takes the body and resurrects Jason via the Lazerus Pit. Years later, Jason returns to Gotham to teach Batman a lesson and to kill the Joker. Probably include the Penguin rather than Black Mask. Definitely get to see Nightwing, a Robin and Batgirl.

It would be cool if Batman convinces Jason to not kill the Joker in this film, then in the next one, they do the Killing Joke.
    Last edited by RobinFan4880; 04-12-2016 at 04:42 PM.

Looking forward to this. I didn't like some aspects of the character in BvS, but otherwise I thought Affleck nailed it (and I was a doubter). I'd love it if they threw in a curveball and made it something other than the Red Hood storyline.

Vertigo Psychonaut ChaoticScholar's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kmeyers View Post
    Let me guess the title, "The Death of Robin" or "Joker vs Batman(depending on how well Suicide Squad goes)."
    "The Batman You Should Have Seen The First Time"
    "People look at us and see the poor and the mad, but they’re looking at us through the bar of their cages.

There’s a palace in your head, boy.

Learn to live in it always. " -- Grant Morrison

BANNED

This is like finding out you're going to die one day.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Star View Post
    This is like finding out you're going to die one day.
    To be fair, it's like finding out you're going to die sooner than you thought you were going to.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by robreedwrites View Post
    Looking forward to this. I didn't like some aspects of the character in BvS, but otherwise I thought Affleck nailed it (and I was a doubter). I'd love it if they threw in a curveball and made it something other than the Red Hood storyline.
    Ditto. Robin has never been well handled in live action before and if DC basically said that the only alternative to spunky in tights boy wonder is angsty not actually dead Red Hood I doubt we'll ever get him done justice. We need something solid with the Batman family - Nightwing, Barb's Batgirl, Tim or Damian's Robin, Batwoman or Huntress, mayyyybe Red Hood - and go with a solid story adaption. My choices being either Hush, the Court of Owls or No Man's Land.

So...more of the loser Batman who has to resort to killing people?
    Or maybe a story of the younger Batman, and how he became a loser because he's so incompetent that he let his child sidekick be murdered?

Yaaaaaaaay. Fun for the whole family.

My only hope now is that they don't decide to drag in and also ruin some of my favourite characters like Batwoman and Batgirl.

More Batman...great...

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cowtools View Post
    So...more of the loser Batman who has to resort to killing people?
    Or maybe a story of the younger Batman, and how he became a loser because he's so incompetent that he let his child sidekick be murdered?

Yaaaaaaaay. Fun for the whole family.

My only hope now is that they don't decide to drag in and also ruin some of my favourite characters like Batwoman and Batgirl.
    Batman vs Death: The Rise of Darkness
    G.O.A.T.: Greatest Of All Time now on Patreon. Please support or spread the word www.patreon.com/andrewhuerta

All-New Member

They could integrate both the 'under the hood' and 'son of batman' storylines since al ghul's and nightwing appear in both stories while introducing the audience to the film universe iteration of nanda parbat which ties into justice league dark. Granted if they wanted to do both storylines they need to be careful and not do a 'BvS' whereby the 'death of superman' was relegated to a few scenes and 'the dark night returns' in reverse occupied most of the screentime.

I thought this was happening because Affleck had a "really cool idea" for a Batman movie. How does adapting an existing story qualify as having a really cool idea, or even having an idea at all?