Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Christopher Nolan's shaking his head

Quote Originally Posted by Clark_Kent View Post
    None of these people paid that much attention man. The film made it pretty darn clear though.
    Really? Where did Bruce explicitly say he's changing his ways? The last minutes of the movie was a bullshit conversation between him and Wonder Woman about "Hey, can you help me find the others and join my team? I think we're gonna have to fight soon." Then Batman confronts Lex and says, "Wherever you go, whatever you do. I'll be watching." and doesn't punch him.

I recall being mortified when it was announced that Ben Afflect would play Batman, but boy am I eating crow big time. I'm looking forward to this.

Quote Originally Posted by TooFlyToFail View Post
    I want a quadrilogy.

1) Court of Owls

2) Hush

3) Under the Hood

4) The Killing Joke

The first 3 movies are orchestrated by Red Hood, and Hush; we only get hints of Hush, but not Jason, in the first one, and hint a bit of Red Hood in the Hush movie.

Following the bitter sweet ending of the UtH movie, you continue to mount the pressure on Bruce's morals, and sanity, with TKJ.
    Sadly, Bruce's morals are already gone lol. You just reminded me of The Killing Joke movie coming out later though. YES!

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Having said all that I said before, the one comic book story that I have always wanted to see made into a movie is "Night of the Stalker" from DETECTIVE COMICS No. 439. It's a very basic plot with Batman hunting down one criminal after the other without saying a word--but the story could easily be stretched out over the length of a movie and it would be very cinematic.
    That's cool, but they'll never make a film where Batman says nothing. They could adapt it as a montage within a film, perhaps. A story I like a lot is "The Player on the Other Side," but I'm not sure how well that would translate into a film. Batman meets the "anti-Batman," the Wraith.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    one does not be friends with kevin smith and not be a huge nerd.
    Holy shit, his appearance in Jay and Silent Bob makes so much sense now. "Affleck was the bomb in phantoms" lol

Batman V. Boatman.

Calling it now.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

I'd like to see BATMAN fight criminals and not just deal with dead sidekicks and clowns.

Give me something different.

Astonishing Member TooFlyToFail's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bukdiah View Post
    Really? Where did Bruce explicitly say he's changing his ways? The last minutes of the movie was a bullshit conversation between him and Wonder Woman about "Hey, can you help me find the others and join my team? I think we're gonna have to fight soon." Then Batman confronts Lex and says, "Wherever you go, whatever you do. I'll be watching." and doesn't punch him.
    So you missed the part where Bruce gave his "Men can still be good" speech to Diana, as he stood, ashamed, before Clark's grave?

Diss the movie all you want, but at least know what you're dissing. I'm shocked that all the people giving such "great detail" about all the ways in which the movie "tarnished these characters", are calling Batman a murderer (please look up the definition), and/or completely miss the fact that Bruce clearly implies that he's going to try to become better.

Astonishing Member TooFlyToFail's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Calighoula View Post
    That's cool, but they'll never make a film where Batman says nothing. They could adapt it as a montage within a film, perhaps. A story I like a lot is "The Player on the Other Side," but I'm not sure how well that would translate into a film. Batman meets the "anti-Batman," the Wraith.

I think they'll look at Wrath, say that's a badass character....but we got Mr. Todd already.

It's a similar story, but without the complexities a UtH adaptations bring with it.

Quote Originally Posted by TooFlyToFail View Post
    So you missed the part where Bruce gave his "Men can still be good" speech to Diana, as he stood, ashamed, before Clark's grave?

Diss the movie all you want, but at least know what you're dissing. I'm shocked that all the people giving such "great detail" about all the ways in which the movie "tarnished these characters", are calling Batman a murderer (please look up the definition), and/or completely miss the fact that Bruce clearly implies that he's going to try to become better.
    Holy crap, man. U really reached with that ONE line? That's open as hell to interpretation. If anything, it could've been interpreted as a last second plea to convince Wonder Woman to not turn her back on him and not join his team. She was saying how she left man's world for centuries or shit like that, but I digress.
    Last edited by Bukdiah; 04-12-2016 at 07:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RobinFan4880 View Post
    Batman: Under the Red Hood, but more like the animated movie.

Jason is killed by Joker a decade ago. Ra'z Al'Ghul takes the body and resurrects Jason via the Lazerus Pit. Years later, Jason returns to Gotham to teach Batman a lesson and to kill the Joker. Probably include the Penguin rather than Black Mask. Definitely get to see Nightwing, a Robin and Batgirl.

It would be cool if Batman convinces Jason to not kill the Joker in this film, then in the next one, they do the Killing Joke.
    I really like this snazzy idea. Who would you cast to play Jason? What age do you think he's supposed to be around?
    Emma Frost, Rogue, Felicia Hardy, Helena Bertinelli, Allison Blaire, Barbara Gordon, Monica Rambeau, Carol Danvers, Illyana Rasputin, Ororo Munroe, Harleen Quinzel, Lorna Dane, Irene Adler, Kate Kane, Rachel Grey Summers, Jean Grey, Diana Prince, Barbara Ann Minerva, Donna Troy, Jennifer Walters, Gwen Stacy, Wanda Maximoff = PERFECTION!

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Stack View Post
    ...and in other news, water is wet. J/K, congrats. Would love to see a solo film.
    This. Had me dying.

Quote Originally Posted by Project Initiative Cascada View Post
    I really like this snazzy idea. Who would you cast to play Jason? What age do you think he's supposed to be around?
    It has to be Chris O' Donnell....lmao

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChaoticScholar View Post
    "The Batman You Should Have Seen The First Time"
    That would be the one that gets me to go see it.