Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

I can see Johns and Affleck making a kind of Batman Earth One movie and I'd like that... or a Blade Runner type of story, heavy on atmosphere and noir, Bruce instead of Deckard and a hunt for Arkham inmates instead of replicants would be nice. A real case with detective work, exploring a new Batverse without including the Joker again.

Don't know if I'd bother to see it.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Asdamine View Post
    Do note the only character I mentioned as being shoehorned was Catwoman. I didn't say Bane and Talia were unnecessary since the whole premise of TDKR did deal with the return of the League of Shadows, or a version of it... which I was fine with on a narrative level, albeit it being, as I said, tiresome because it was uninspiring, or repetitive, or whatever issues were raised when the film came out. Take your pick.

Catwoman, on the other hand, as was discussed to death then, was indeed an uninspiring and unnecessary choice as Batman's forced love interest/quasi-foil/whatever. Just because it was the filmmakers' idea to have Selena Kyle in the film didn't mean they did a good job with her, and it showed.

My point is that they had a wealth of characters to choose from for the final outing. I'm sure the Huntress must've crossed their mind but they saw fit to go with what was in the final product instead, which I thought was a pity.

That's not to say Bane was a poor choice by Nolan, but Helena would've been better IMO. Her circumstances and morals (or the lack thereof) are more relatable to Bruce Wayne/Batman when it comes to the meaning and value of his existence, as opposed to Bane who's just someone for Batman to overcome, be it on a personal level or for the good of the many... which was a good premise, but that, as I said, had been done in Begins and TDK already.
    Catwoman was one of the best parts of that movie.

Quote Originally Posted by TsukiSentinel View Post
    Have to agree with you. Without her, the movie would have been rather boring. Anne brought some energy to a rather slow/plodding movie.

Incredible Member

QFT

And truth be told, the only thing I really hated about the film was the super-science power generator, but since it's a central plot element, it does drag down the whole movie. (Oh, and "Robin" realising Bruce Wayne is Batman because of his sadface.)
    Death's Head, Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man, House of X, Powers of X.
    Ascender, DIE, Saga, The Wicked + The Divine.
    Adventures of the Super Sons, Batman Beyond, Catwoman, Lois Lane, Naomi, Young Justice.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Rises is brought low everytime Bane opens his mouth: terrible voice and endless monologues is all I remember

The movie is saved by its ending ( Bruce, Alfred, Blake) big time. A nice way to end the trilogy and to give Bruce what the comics never will: A happy ending

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    I'm on the same page as Dispenser, if Affleck is steering this I'm so so so pumped. Especially if he brings go his own people in to work on it. Affleck is a fantastic director and actor, so this could be a great flick.

If it's Geoff Johns and Jared Leto? Eh, it's going to be a wild train crash at least!
    I don't understand what people have against Leto's Joker. From what all I've seen, he's great.

Quote Originally Posted by twincast View Post
    QFT

And truth be told, the only thing I really hated about the film was the super-science power generator, but since it's a central plot element, it does drag down the whole movie. (Oh, and "Robin" realising Bruce Wayne is Batman because of his sadface.)
    LMAO yes, that deduction was such bullshit. "You were an orphan. So was I. I wear a figurative mask to hide my true self...I think you wear a literal one" BAM. Bruce was like "Aw shucks, u got me" lmao. At least, that's what I remember from the movie. It's been a long time since I seen it.

I don't understand what people have against Leto's Joker. From what all I've seen, he's great.
    It seems to have more to do with his look, especially the tattoos. I've heard someone describe this Joker as looking more like a Joker cosplayer, which I kind of agree with. Leto's performance looks awesome, though from the snippets we've seen so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Bukdiah View Post
    LMAO yes, that deduction was such bullshit. "You were an orphan. So was I. I wear a figurative mask to hide my true self...I think you wear a literal one" BAM. Bruce was like "Aw shucks, u got me" lmao. At least, that's what I remember from the movie. It's been a long time since I seen it.
    It's been a while since I've seen it too, but I remember it not just being "Bruce is sad, therefore he's Batman". It was more "Bruce is sad and hides it" + "Bruce is a billionaire and can afford the stuff Batman uses" + "Bruce is relatively young" = "Bruce Wayne is Batman". Those last two items may just have been implied, and that's still a pretty large leap, but not as big.

As one Cracked.com video put it, "How many people in Gotham can afford a bat-shaped stealth jet that flies out of a holographic mountain? It's not that long a list."
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    It's been a while since I've seen it too, but I remember it not just being "Bruce is sad, therefore he's Batman". It was more "Bruce is sad and hides it" + "Bruce is a billionaire and can afford the stuff Batman uses" + "Bruce is relatively young" = "Bruce Wayne is Batman". Those last two items may just have been implied, and that's still a pretty large leap, but not as big.

As one Cracked.com video put it, "How many people in Gotham can afford a bat-shaped stealth jet that flies out of a holographic mountain? It's not that long a list."
    Ah, OK. Yeah I only saw the movie once and made the WTF face at the movies. Not as big as a leap, but a leap none the less. I think I guffawed like a buffoon at the theaters when Bruce was like, "Well, ya got me" to his accusation lol.

Spectacular Member

What I want to see:

- 'Hush' overarching storyline that spans three movies: either adapted her inspired by.
    - Riddler as the main villain of the trilogy.
    - Catwoman playing a major role in the movie. I want her to be a prostitute. I want her and Bruce to be estranged due to his reclusiveness. I want them to settle down with each other by the end of the trilogy. Above all though, I want her to be respected as a character.
    - I want the 'Under the Red Hood' storyline to be interwoven with the 'Hush' storyline. For example, Riddler and Jason work together to take down Batman.
    - The movie needs to setup some groundwork for spinoff movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    It seems to have more to do with his look, especially the tattoos. I've heard someone describe this Joker as looking more like a Joker cosplayer, which I kind of agree with. Leto's performance looks awesome, though from the snippets we've seen so far.
    A lot of people seem to be annoyed by Leto being something of a pretentious ass in the marketing for the film as well.
    As of now:
    All-Star Batman, Batman, Doom Patrol, The Flash, The Fix, The Flintstones, Green Valley, Hadrian's Wall, The Hellblazer, Moonshine, New Super-Man, Suicide Squad, Superman, 'Tec, Unfollow

Incredible Member

I don't care what it is as long as its actually good.

Incredible Member

I don't really follow marketing much, so I can't judge Leto's behavior, but going by the trailers, I despise Joker's tattoos (and Harley's only marginally less so), but his portrayal itself seems solid to me. My bigger problem is that we'll likely never see the real, charming, original Harley Quinn again, let alone in live-action, but other than missing the voice, I don't hate Robbie's version so far.

---

I've been wondering whom Affleck considers "his" Robin - for reference, he was 16 during A Death in the Family and 17 during A Lonely Place of Dying - mainly to judge whether there's any hope of Tim getting his due respect again in animation.

Anyway, I want an actual detective story, which Affleck should be able to deliver, and a Batfamily, which WB should want for their spin-off potential alone. We know Babs exists, and Dick and Jason are all but guaranteed, but whether the first two are still active and whether there'll be new, younger members incoming are the big questions.
    Death's Head, Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man, House of X, Powers of X.
    Ascender, DIE, Saga, The Wicked + The Divine.
    Adventures of the Super Sons, Batman Beyond, Catwoman, Lois Lane, Naomi, Young Justice.