Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Default Ben Affleck's Batman Solo Movie

... because the Bat-board deserves it's own thread.

What are you hoping for? A story that takes place before or after BvS?

http://www.comicbookresources.com/ar...lo-batman-film

Mighty Member

Catwoman casting announcement sometime this summer.

I think they are going to go forward instead of backwards with this Batman
    I want to see him interact with Joker
    I want to see him interact with this new commissioner gordon
    I want to see a few Justice League member cameos

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

I want something far different than Snyder. I want a lot more mainline comic Batman and a lot less Miller Batman.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Extraordinary Member

Have you heard the Suicide Squad breakdowns where they point out his SS Batmobile lacks the guns from BvS?
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

I want the Bat-family and Clayface.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

It's a stupidly long shot, but I'd be ecstatic if Huntress showed up as a secondary character. If they write her even 75% correctly and don't do something completely stupid with her, I'm down.
    More realistically, I think we'll see Barbara Gordon in some form, most likely as Oracle.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Quote Originally Posted by tabo61 View Post
    Catwoman casting announcement sometime this summer.
    I'm hoping no Catwoman, but mostly because I'd like to get a Batman movie without a forced love-interest, and you know they'd go that route with Catwoman. Still, it would be interesting to get an older Catwoman that matches Affleck's age.

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    I want the Bat-family and Clayface.
    Regarding the Bat-fam, it would be great to at least have Dick and Babs.

BANNED

Pasting my thoughts from the other thread
    Unfortunately I cant say I'm too excited for the following reasons:
    Geoff Johns involvement
    Poor creative decisions that have been made with this character. He kills for one and so a lot of the conflict and drama Batman stories are known for may no longer make it, secondly having this Batman fight the likes of Riddler,Freeze,Clayface in a movie set after he's been fighting crime for 20+ years is underwhelming to say the least.
    Finally stories like Hush, Under the Hood etc might be great standalone flicks but they do nothing for the universe they are building. This isn't a Nolan situation, continuity and shared universe cant just be turned on and off at a whim. They want a universe now so they should stick with a vision that aims at building up and expanding the universe, Under the Red Hood and Killing Joke are the exact opposite of what they should be doing.
    In terms of villains it's almost guaranteed that Joker will be the Magneto or Loki of a potential Batman series other villains will probably be the likes of Hush and Black Mask who...well just suck imo and Joker I'm just plain tired of,Jason himself will just be a crutch in the Batman/Joker rivalry assuming he's not Joker himself.

The vision behind this Batman is just a huge turnoff for me.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    I want something far different than Snyder. I want a lot more mainline comic Batman and a lot less Miller Batman.
    Bruh,grim and gritty DC, wonder when that bubble is gonna burst. It amazes me that they think that they can capture Nolan's lightning, even a critical hit like Mad Max made modest earnings and most Oscar bait barely break even and are made from the profits of tentpole franchises. It's like they don't want people to go for repeat viewings, BvS certainly gave me that impression.

Ultimate Member

An Affleck directed and written Batman film actually sounds like it could be really cool. I really liked his performance in BVS, I just really didn't like how Batman (or Superman for that matter) were characterized. And Affleck has proven to be an immensely talented director and writer, so hopefully he can do better than Zack "misses the point completely" Snyder. As for what I want to see:

-JK Simmons as Gordon obviously.
    -Bring back Jena Malone as Barbara Gordon/Oracle (pretty please let her be Oracle).
    -More elaboration on the whole death of Robin thing.
    -Some new Bat characters that we haven't seen on-film before.
    -Etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    It's a stupidly long shot, but I'd be ecstatic if Huntress showed up as a secondary character. If they write her even 75% correctly and don't do something completely stupid with her, I'm down.
    More realistically, I think we'll see Barbara Gordon in some form, most likely as Oracle.
    I, too, would love to see the Huntress on the big screen, that is, Helena Bertinelli, specifically.

She has such a grounded backstory (being what Bruce Wayne could've been on the other side of the spectrum) that I thought would've served really well as an antithesis of Batman in Nolan's The Dark Knight Rises, as well as a great follow-up to The Dark Knight, instead of a shoehorned-in Catwoman and a tiresome main plot revolving around Bane and Talia. Alas, it was an opportunity wasted.

Still, it got me thinking how exciting it would be for the solo Batfleck film to have Helena as the catalyst (or influence) for Bats taking the hard line approach against the criminals in the first place, when he saw how futile it was showing leniency towards those who would show you none.
    Last edited by Asdamine; 04-13-2016 at 12:03 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Asdamine View Post
    I, too, would love to see the Huntress on the big screen, that is, Helena Bertinelli, specifically.

She has such a grounded backstory (being what Bruce Wayne could've been on the other side of the spectrum) that I thought would've served really well as an antithesis of Batman in Nolan's The Dark Knight Rises, as well as a great follow-up to The Dark Knight, instead of a shoehorned-in Catwoman and a tiresome main plot revolving around Bane and Talia. Alas, it was an opportunity wasted.

Still, it got me thinking how exciting it would be for the solo Batfleck film to have Helena as the catalyst (or influence) for Bats taking the hard line approach against the criminals in the first place, when he saw how futile it was showing leniency towards those who would show you none.
    How are characters that they wanted to go with shoehorned ? Selina and Bane were all Jonah Nolan and Goyer's ideas and Chris don't take any crap from WB, Talia was the only shoehorned character in terms of plot because they wanted a twist. How was it an opportunity wasted when they never introduced the character in the first place nor did they have any plan to do? Talia was the wasted one.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    I agree 100%

I would prefer the solo film be a prequel to BVS when Batman still believes in fighting crime and hasnt turned to DKR apathy yet

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JAG2045 View Post
    I agree 100%

I would prefer the solo film be a prequel to BVS when Batman still believes in fighting crime and hasnt turned to DKR apathy yet
    Best case scenario imo.