Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    BANNED

I wouldn't begrudge these guys for not using the family, no one has(except Schumacher). At best we might get Dick and Babs, Jason has a chance due to being the family black sheep but that's pretty much it imo. Damian might make it due to the Al Ghuls but the others are a no go, it's a pipe dream.

Ultimate Member

I disagree. Whatever it's other faults or potential faults, this new continuity seems to be embracing more of the DCU and even it's weirder side (Katana has her soultaker sword in the SS movie it seems for goodness sake, and it's actually the soultaker sword). So I don't see the Batfamily appearing as being out of the question, especially if they want to try some different stuff from the previous films.

Quote Originally Posted by Asdamine View Post
    Still, it got me thinking how exciting it would be for the solo Batfleck film to have Helena as the catalyst (or influence) for Bats taking the hard line approach against the criminals in the first place, when he saw how futile it was showing leniency towards those who would show you none.
    I like this idea if this new movie's a prequel, though I'd also want for there to be more things influencing Bruce in that direction.
    If it's not a prequel, the inverse would be good, too. Huntress arrives on the scene and Batman has to convince her to stop being lethal, and here he'll actually have a stronger argument than in the comics: "I've been there, and it's ultimately not worth it" or something. Again, I wouldn't want this to be the main focus, but it'd make for a solid side plot.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

BANNED

They can make that the main plot with another character, so I think her chances are pretty slim, but who knows. Regarding being a prequel or not, if it is, it`s main interest point is to see how he was or what tipped him off in being lethal. If it`s a follow up they have a number of stories they can use to write new material with.

Give me some Jason and I`m happy.

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    I disagree. Whatever it's other faults or potential faults, this new continuity seems to be embracing more of the DCU and even it's weirder side (Katana has her soultaker sword in the SS movie it seems for goodness sake, and it's actually the soultaker sword). So I don't see the Batfamily appearing as being out of the question, especially if they want to try some different stuff from the previous films.
    Plus we'll be getting Magick too in the form of Enchantress and Shazam!
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

where they filmed that one movie and half of that other one

Casey Affleck can show up as Ben's Nightwing.

they are definitely leaning heavily on the Frank Miller interpretation and Affleck doesn't seem to keen to break that mold
    Snyder has already said the one Robin who died was 10 years ago
    I definitely think they are gonna introduce Batgirl again though since they already cast commissioner Gordon
    Right now I think we might just get a solo batman movie focusing on the villains they want to bring in

Regardless of what people on here say Robin still has a lot of stink on his character from the schumaker movies and wasn't helped by Nolan and Bale talking down the character.
    WB is also less likely to take risks right now especially with Batman after BvS' reception

I want to see Manbat or Clayface in a Batman movie, I'd have said Killer Croc but they already have a lame looking version in Suicide Squad so now I'm not interested.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Quote Originally Posted by darkseidpwns View Post
    Except Nolan didn't want a noir style approach, he didn't want to reenact TDK, he wanted this movie to be as different from TDK as possible, he had no interest in revisiting the mob. If he did he'd have gone with Two-Face anyway.
    Catwoman was positively received near universally so I'm not sure where this argument is coming from and we already had a Helena acting as both a love interest and villain over at Arrow and suffice to say unlike Selina she wasn't well received or she'd have been a mainstay on that show.
    I'm gonna call you on that and have you provide source on where Nolan said he didn't want to produce a noir film with TDKR. He had said the plan was to have the League of Shadows return in TDKR and they wanted a villain who could challenge Batman physically; and that they went with Catwoman because... they wanted friggin' Catwoman(!) and yet they couldn't bring themselves to call her that in the film, at all.

And are you seriously basing your Huntress argument on that crap in Arrow, as if that is the benchmark for how she should be portrayed? Let's call the Arrow Helena... Selina, and see how well she would be received.

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

My excitement is inversely proportionate to the involvement of Geoff Johns and Jared Leto. With them minimally involved, I could see this being my fourth favorite Batman movie (behind Dark Knight, Begins and '66) With them intimately involved, this tumbles down to rock-bottom, though if Affleck's as good as I hear maybe he can pull it all together. Just the idea of getting, aesthetically at least, a near-entirely faithful Batman adaptation is the last thing I would have expected to see in the DCCU, but aside from squeamishness about Superman himself, this is a movie universe totally willing to embrace the weirdest side of the DCU. We've already got the Bat-Signal, a pantsless Robin, and bat-logos all over his gear (pause the latest Suicide Squad trailer at the right moment, you can see he has one on his rebreather) - I honestly wouldn't be thrown to see the dinosaur or giant penny.

Obviously I have preferences - I'd like to see Riddler, some detective work, some Bat-family stuff, a death trap, a little less straight-up killing people - but this stands a good chance of working for me the way Batman Forever worked for me on an even bigger scale, containing almost none of what I truly love about the character but just about everything I gut-level dig. Best suggestion I've heard for the plot is him being blasted by the OMEGA SANCTION! THE LIFE THAT IS DEATH! during Justice League, and this film being a time-lost Batman running through his whole history and overcoming his demons to return to the present.
    Buh-bye

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

I'm on the same page as Dispenser, if Affleck is steering this I'm so so so pumped. Especially if he brings go his own people in to work on it. Affleck is a fantastic director and actor, so this could be a great flick.

If it's Geoff Johns and Jared Leto? Eh, it's going to be a wild train crash at least!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Asdamine View Post
    I'm gonna call you on that and have you provide source on where Nolan said he didn't want to produce a noir film with TDKR. He had said the plan was to have the League of Shadows return in TDKR and they wanted a villain who could challenge Batman physically; and that they went with Catwoman because... they wanted friggin' Catwoman(!) and yet they couldn't bring themselves to call her that in the film, at all.

And are you seriously basing your Huntress argument on that crap in Arrow, as if that is the benchmark for how she should be portrayed? Let's call the Arrow Helena... Selina, and see how well she would be received.
    It's pretty obvious, the subject matter, characters like Bane and themes utilized don't lend themselves to a noir story, even TDK was a far cry from a noir story.

I'm basing my argument on your potential idea of Huntress being both a love interest and villain which is something Arrow has already done. The reason she was so bad was precisely because she was both a love interest and villain and remember it's from Arrow season 1 when it was actually a good show and Nolan aping was at it's highest. Talia and Mal can also be used as good indicators of Nolan's using Huntress as love interest and villain.
    Why should I call her Selina? that's like saying call Roy Harper Dick Grayson.

BANNED

That doesn't really mean anything, most Batman related media throughout history tends to ignore the family excluding the recent animated movies which everyone craps on. I suspect Dick, Babs, Luke Fox, Kate Kane, Jason Todd and Damian Wayne are some of the characters who have a chance, mind you it's possible that none of them make it but I'll be damn surprised if they go with a family member that's not one of these 6.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

I'd like to see a Blade Runner (Batman Begins influence) type of movie, Batfleck as Deckard, hunting AAinmates instead of replicants, that way fans get the detective and the (Hush/Knightfall) gauntlet. Many character moments not the "oh character A should be in it" formula. Give me Bruce, Alfred and Gordon. If Robin/Batgirl/ make sense... ok.

Astonishing Member

First of, I absolutely LOVED Affleck's Batman in BvS. And the 'killing' thing wasn't a deal-breaker for me at all. In any case, Batman doesn't outright commit straight-up murder over the course of the film (barring the 'Knightmare' sequence)...as Snyder has already mentioned, he basically just doesn't give a damn about collateral damage when innocents are at risk, and I can live with that. And yes, he is in a very dark place in this particular film and is on the verge of cold-bloodedly murdering Superman. But part of the narrative arc of the film is Batman emerging from the darkness, to some extent, and becoming a better person and a better hero, inspired by Superman's example.

As far as the solo film goes, I'd certainly like the bulk of it to be present day but I certainly wouldn't mind, say, 25-30% of the film being flashbacks. Personally, one of the preferred ideas is for the film to borrow elements from 'Under the Red Hood' and 'Hush'. Here's how I'd like it to go-

Arkham Asylum is compromised by some mysterious mastermind and a number of Bat-villains are out on the streets for the first time in years. Gotham is in absolute chaos, worse than its ever been. Batman starts to reel under the strain of the crisis, wondering if he can take down ALL the foes now which he struggled to do even in his prime, and that too, now alone. At one point, Barbara Gordon (played by Jena Malone I suppose) puts on her own suit and becomes Batgirl, offering to help him out, but Batman refuses, because of what happened with Robin, and sets out to deal with the villains on his own and identify the mastermind. (While he's trying to dissuade Barbara there will be flashbacks depicting Robin's death - Robin was abducted by the Joker, there was a warehouse explosion and Batman found nothing there, but later Robin's suit was mailed to the GCPD with the graffity on it leading Batman to conclude that Robin is dead). The mastermind is a bandaged villain called 'Hush' who taunts Batman, revealing he knows his identity and that he's someone from his past. Also, Thomas Elliot will be introduced as an old friend of Bruce's who returns to Gotham after decades and reconnects with him (maybe helping out with his failing health and injuries due to the increased stress and strain). Elliot is a red-herring essentially, for viewers to assume he's Hush. In the end however it will be revealed that while Elliot is allied to Hush and seems to be manipulating him as well, Hush is in fact Jason Todd! Cue another set of flashbacks which reveal that Joker didn't kill Jason...he faked his death and subjected him to weeks of physical and psychological torture, including drugging him, and left Jason out on the streets a wreck. Joker didn't want to physically kill Robin but kill his spirit and thus damage Batman the most, setting him down a very dark road. For years Jason wandered the streets until he was found by Elliot, who helped him regain his memories and capabilities but who also manipulated him into hating Batman and becoming part of a plan to take him down because Batman did not kill the Joker after Jason's 'death'. Elliot's reasons for hating Bruce are similar to those in the original story (Thomas Wayne saved his mother's life...though in this version Elliot's parents were borderline abusive and neglectful, giving him a somewhat more sympathetic backstory). In the end, Batman accepts Batgirl's help in fighting some of the villains and containing the violence while he ends up becoming part of the conflict between Jason and the Joker, with Jason forcing him into the same gambit from the end of 'Under the Hood' - Jason is going to shoot the Joker, Bruce either lets him die, shoots Jason or shoots the Joker and saves Jason's soul. The fact that Bruce HAS in fact killed since Jason's death but not killed the Joker anger shim even more, but Bruce insists that he didn't want to give in to revenge and he didn't want to tarnish Jason's memory and committing murder in his name. In the end, Batman does find another way out of the situation and takes down the Joker. Elliot probably dies as well, but Jason goes MIA.