Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    BANNED

In my perfect world there'd be a lot less Joker, Owls, Black Mask, Hush and Al Ghuls and a lot more Hugo Strange, Ivy, Deadshot, Pyg and Riddler.

Quote Originally Posted by Aioros22 View Post
    I think you`re a bit full of it, honestly. Affleck has directed and written/co written, Gone baby Gone, In Town and Argo and won an Oscar for best original story.

Snyder is great visually but all his major films are directly lifted from somewhere else, sometimes panel by panel or shot by shot. The only original content Snyder has ever done is Sucker Punch. If you want to compare both storytelling abilities, I think it`s a battle Snyder is losing. What`s more, those movies that "hack" had a direct hand in creative endevour? They were kind of better received than a good deal of Snyder`s outpost.
    I think you and many fans are blindly rationalizing at this point. I don't rate Gone baby Gone or In Town as good films. I don't rate Oscar winners as necessarily great films either, especially in the case of Argo. Affleck's past output includes the terrible 2004 Daredevil movie, Gigli and Jersey girl - all universally hated as some of the worst movies in the past 20 years. His critically acclaimed endeavours are not from the superhero or action film genres. Snyder and Nolan at least came from a background of dramatic action films before taking on Batman. The only benefit of the doubt I'll concede to Affleck is if he finds talented collaborators to write and direct the next Batman project.

The extended bat family has been underexplored and may be the only fresh, new ground to be taken with the Batman mythos on film.

Astonishing Member TooFlyToFail's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by darkseidpwns View Post
    In my perfect world there'd be a lot less Joker, Owls, Black Mask, Hush and Al Ghuls and a lot more Hugo Strange, Ivy, Deadshot, Pyg and Riddler.
    I'd love to see Hugo Strange play minor, reoccurring role as Bruce's psychiatrist, with hints being dropped about what his character is truly like. It'd payoff big time in down the road, when he becomes a major threat, at some point.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by banky View Post
    I think you and many fans are blindly rationalizing at this point. I don't rate Gone baby Gone or In Town as good films. I don't rate Oscar winners as necessarily great films either, especially in the case of Argo. Affleck's past output includes the terrible 2004 Daredevil movie, Gigli and Jersey girl - all universally hated as some of the worst movies in the past 20 years. His critically acclaimed endeavours are not from the superhero or action film genres. Snyder and Nolan at least came from a background of dramatic action films before taking on Batman. The only benefit of the doubt I'll concede to Affleck is if he finds talented collaborators to write and direct the next Batman project.

The extended bat family has been underexplored and may be the only fresh, new ground to be taken with the Batman mythos on film.
    While I'm not sold on Affleck myself I disagree with the notion that Batman needs the family.

1) Bringing up, and putting more emphasis, on his past failing, and purposely putting down his recent successes? And you call Affleck the hack... Anyways, the dude can do ciminal dramas, and tension, so I see him as a perfect fight for Batman,

2) Yes, the Bat Family should be explored, but gradually. I'd start off with Nightwing, Batgirl (Babs), Red Hood, and Julia, and branch off from there, eventually bringing in Duke as the new Robin, and bringing in Damian as part of a Al Ghul storyline.

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

Daredevil, Gigli and Jersey girl were written and directed by other people; the output he's been in charge of, while not to your taste, has typically been considered successful. And The Town is a crime drama, which is a pretty fair umbrella to put Batman under.
    Buh-bye

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TooFlyToFail View Post
    1) Bringing up, and putting more emphasis, on his past failing, and purposely putting down his recent successes? And you call Affleck the hack... Anyways, the dude can do ciminal dramas, and tension, so I see him as a perfect fight for Batman,

2) Yes, the Bat Family should be explored, but gradually. I'd start off with Nightwing, Batgirl (Babs), Red Hood, and Julia, and branch off from there, eventually bringing in Duke as the new Robin, and bringing in Damian as part of a Al Ghul storyline.
    Too many, Julia and Duke in particular serve no purpose that already established characters like Nightwing and Batgirl couldn't serve.

Too many, Julia and Duke in particular serve no purpose that already established characters like Nightwing and Batgirl couldn't serve.
    Nope.

I'd have Babs as Batgirl, in CoO, then be crippled in TKJ, and come back as Oracle, and set up the BoP, in a BoP movie.

Nightwing isn't Robin, so he doesn't fill that role at all. He could have his own spinoff movie.

Duke gives us an acting Robin, and Julia allows us to learn more about Aflred's past. So yeah, Dick, and Babs, don't play the same roles.

I think if Duke makes it into the movies it will be as a replacement for Tim, with Dick being older as Nightwing.

And while Tim is my favorite bat character thanks to Chuck and Marv, I would totally understand and accept a Duke/Tim amalgamation.

EDIT: Also on Affleck, I think The Town is a very good sign for what he would bring to a Batman film.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TooFlyToFail View Post
    Nope.

I'd have Babs as Batgirl, in CoO, then be crippled in TKJ, and come back as Oracle, and set up the BoP, in a BoP movie.

Nightwing isn't Robin, so he doesn't fill that role at all. He could have his own spinoff movie.

Duke gives us an acting Robin, and Julia allows us to learn more about Aflred's past. So yeah, Dick, and Babs, don't play the same roles.
    Yeah they're not crippling her in this era, either she'll already be crippled or she'll be Batgirl but a movie based on that is highly unlikely. You don't need Julia to make Alfred work and that's assuming they'll even be interested in a Alfred centric arc. Beware the Batman used Deathstroke and Katana so Julia isn't necessary at all. Why Duke over Tim as acting Robin?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WhipWhirlwind View Post
    I think if Duke makes it into the movies it will be as a replacement for Tim, with Dick being older as Nightwing.

And while Tim is my favorite bat character thanks to Chuck and Marv, I would totally understand and accept a Duke/Tim amalgamation.
    I can see a Black Tim though that would just be race bent Tim not Duke.

Why Duke over Tim as acting Robin?
    Either would work really.

But I could see them taking the victimized by the joker parts of Duke as well as the inquisitiveness and unique drive to be Robin from Tim.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WhipWhirlwind View Post
    EDIT: Either would work really.
    Luke Fox says hi and like I said a race bent Tim isn't Duke, something like that wont do anything for Duke who isn't even Robin, if anything it will kill him permanently.

ha we are replying too fast. Just saying I could see them taking from both characters.

And admittedly I am just not a big fan of Luke.

Looking at Affleck's past work behind the camera, there's no way the movie ends up as something other than a fairly grounded thriller/crime drama. No time travel, space adventures or descents into different dimensions. I also can't see Johns' involvement amounting to anything more than giving pointers on continuity and past history of characters, as WB and Disney have both proven time and time again that they're not letting comic book people anywhere near the actual making of their films.

The board is pretty much set for a time jumping story with Jason Todd and Red Hood, but I'm not sure that material speaks to Affleck, and he obviously has a strong position with WB right now. I'm hoping for something new and fresh, with characterizations and various disparate paraphernalia taken from already existing material rather than actual story.
    As of now:
    All-Star Batman, Batman, Doom Patrol, The Flash, The Fix, The Flintstones, Green Valley, Hadrian's Wall, The Hellblazer, Moonshine, New Super-Man, Suicide Squad, Superman, 'Tec, Unfollow