Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Default Spider-Man: Homecoming movie title confirmed

During Sony’s CinemaCon presentation tonight, it was announced that their next reboot of Spider-Man dated for July 7, 2017 will be known as Spider-Man: Homecoming. The new Spidey, played by Tom Holland, made a special appearance. Despite all the stars that Warner Bros. and STX trotted out today, Sony presentation has by far offered the biggest stunt (no pun intended) at the confab. As previously reported, Sony’s next Spider-Man will be integrated in the greater cinematic Marvel universe which Disney counts the bulk of. In fact he makes a cameo in Disney’s Captain America: Civil War. Jon Watts is directing Spider-Man: Homecoming.

A clip was played showing Holland’s Parker meeting Robert Downey Jr.’s Tony Stark, who drops by his Aunt May’s (Marisa Tomei) house. The film, directed by Jon Watts, is set to hit theaters July 7, 2017.

Source: http://variety.com/?p=1201752204

Also announced was the Spider-Man animated theatrical film:
    Last edited by Elmo; 04-12-2016 at 10:36 PM.

The clip they showed is from Civil War, not from Homecoming fyi

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    The clip they showed is from Civil War, not from Homecoming fyi
    Yep I know. Homecoming doesn't start production for another month I believe.

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

They're really calling it that. That is astonishingly shameless gloating on Marvel's part, and I kind of love it.

Spider-Man: Homecoming

F4nt4stic 4: B4ck Where They Belong

X-Men: Inhumans, Baby, You Know I Love You, But I Want To See Other People, It's Not You It's Me
    Buh-bye

Heh. I like the Spider-logo in the sub-title .

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Heh. I like the Spider-logo in the sub-title .
    Me too I think this is going to be a really fun, happy movie.

I really like this quote:

“Homecoming” will focus on Parker’s struggles to balance his high school life with his vigilantism. Rothman described it as the conflict between “saving the world and getting your algebra homework done at the same time.”

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser Of Truth View Post
    They're really calling it that. That is astonishingly shameless gloating on Marvel's part, and I kind of love it.
    Yup! I'm having a lot of schadenfreude at Sony's expense right now. But really, after how big of a deal his return to Marvel has been since last year, they might as well make the most of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Roxas View Post
    Yup! I'm having a lot of schadenfreude at Sony's expense right now. But really, after how big of a deal his return to Marvel has been since last year, they might as well make the most of it.
    Sony's going to greatly benefit from this too. You think their plans for Clone Saga and Untold Mystery of Richard Parker would have done better than this?

Spider-Man: Homecoming, you say?

Ultimate Member

I guess Spider-man: Returns to Marvel was too obvious

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post

I'd be over the moon if this movie plays out like The Spectacular Spider-Man, with Aunt May masterminding a scheme where Peter's homecoming dance date is Anna Watson's niece with the "Wonderful Personality!"

Yeah, not exactly thrilled with that choice for the title, as it just sounds a bit too cutesy and much too obvious. But at least Spider-Man: Homecoming is better than some of the other alternatives, like Spider-Man: Coming of Age, Spider-Man: Greatness Awaits, or Spider-Man: Suspended.
    --Mike McNulty, a.k.a. Stillanerd. Contributor for Bam Smack Pow! and Viral Hare
    Previous Articles for Whatever A Spider Can.
    Previous Articles for Spider-Man Crawlspace.

Don't ever take a fence down until you know the reason why it was put up.--G.K. Chesterton

Quote Originally Posted by stillanerd View Post
    Yeah, not exactly thrilled with that choice for the title, as it just sounds a bit too cutesy and much too obvious. But at least Spider-Man: Homecoming is better than some of the other alternatives, like Spider-Man: Coming of Age, Spider-Man: Greatness Awaits, or Spider-Man: Suspended.
    Sequel titles confirmed

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by stillanerd View Post
    Agreed; I don't love the sub-title. While he may be coming over to the MCU, Sony still has a piece of him too.

Either way, I'm looking forward to the solo movie. The early response to his appearance in Cap: Civil War has been very positive, and that's encouraging.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    I'd be over the moon if this movie plays out like The Spectacular Spider-Man, with Aunt May masterminding a scheme where Peter's homecoming dance date is Anna Watson's niece with the "Wonderful Personality!"

https://media.giphy.com/media/eHmuFmKXpMURq/giphy.gif

The director said he loved SMLMJ and if this is supposed to be a High School set John Hughes movie I can see them building up to the Homecoming dance...and then on the last scene Zendaya is revealed as his date.