Page 4 of 37 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

I was surprise that the character got an appreciation thread early, Jessica Cruz was cool in her recent issues in Green Lanterns, she's different compare to the other lanterns and I think her agrapbobia was interesting because it's contrasting of her being a Green Lantern, which is the epitome of willpower.

I wonder how old Jessica is? Is she in her early twenties?

Never Giving Up! GreenLanternRanger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jovan2013 View Post
    I was surprise that the character got an appreciation thread early, Jessica Cruz was cool in her recent issues in Green Lanterns, she's different compare to the other lanterns and I think her agrapbobia was interesting because it's contrasting of her being a Green Lantern, which is the epitome of willpower.

Yea I think Jessica is in her 20's. And yea she is arguably the most interesting Lantern atm. ( No offense to the others of course, I love Hal, John, Guy, etc too, but Jessica really is a great character so far.)
    There's a Time For Peace, and Then There's a Time To Punch Nazi Scumbags in the Face!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jovan2013 View Post

I think the reason she's gotten so much love and fanfare is because she's the first permanent female Earth Lantern (something fans have been clamoring for) and shes Hispanic (DC lacks long lasting Hispanic characters, especially female ones). Of course those arent the only reasons because Jessica is a genuinely awesome character and a very welcomed addition to the DCU. I foresee a very bring future for Cruz.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenLanternRanger View Post
    Yea I think Jessica is in her 20's. And yea she is arguably the most interesting Lantern atm. ( No offense to the others of course, I love Hal, John, Guy, etc too, but Jessica really is a great character so far.)
    I love Cruz, and I think she's incredible. But why do you think she's more interesting than the other Lanterns? Is it just their current status quo, or overall in their history?

Quote Originally Posted by Vilynne View Post
    I love Cruz, and I think she's incredible. But why do you think she's more interesting than the other Lanterns? Is it just their current status quo, or overall in their history?
    Well, I think one thing that's really interesting about Jessica is that, because of her agoraphobia, she would seem on-paper as a bad choice to be a Green Lantern. Certainly none of the other Lanterns have that kind of debilitating condition holding them back, and are much more traditional "Alpha Male" heroes for the most part.

But, in-spite of her fears, insecurities, and inexperience, Jessica still tries to help people and be a hero, which is pretty inspirational, I think .

Astonishing Member

wonder if jessica will apprear in dc superhero girls.

Quote Originally Posted by Vilynne View Post
    Its like playing Mass Effect trilogy, play with the male Shepard and its a good game featuring another male hero being a badass, nothing impressive but once you switch over to the female Shepard it might be the same game but its just shown a whole new light that you aren't use to.
    Favorite Characters : Cyborg, Hal Jordan, Simon Baz, Tula, Mera ,Bleez, Shazam, Wonder Woman, Agent 37 , Batman, Kon El, Atomica.

I love Legacy but you have to change things up to keep them from going stale - Jason Fabok

Twitter : @Flashpoint52

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, I think one thing that's really interesting about Jessica is that, because of her agoraphobia, she would seem on-paper as a bad choice to be a Green Lantern. Certainly none of the other Lanterns have that kind of debilitating condition holding them back, and are much more traditional "Alpha Male" heroes for the most part.

But, in-spite of her fears, insecurities, and inexperience, Jessica still tries to help people and be a hero, which is pretty inspirational, I think .
    Interesting. I feel like this is how Green Lanterns in stories should be shown. I always get kind if annoyed when people think Lanterns have no fear. But the ring say, when you're chosen "you have the ability to OVER COME great fear." She's a refreshing take on the Lanterns, and um glad she has her own series (kind of)

Quote Originally Posted by silly View Post
    I'm hoping she does! She would be a great addition! I'm actually expecting her to make her animated debut there

Quote Originally Posted by silly View Post
    Or DC bombshells? Have we even see a green lantern in that series yet?

Jessica is currently my favorite Green Lantern! I am loving the direction DC is taking her in! Hopefully she is here to stay!!

Supernatural Inhuman! Lucena Soares's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RWBY View Post
    Jessica is currently my favorite Green Lantern! I am loving the direction DC is taking her in! Hopefully she is here to stay!!
    I also like her.
    Also, happy to see her do her first construct in GL #6!
    Everything Lives!

Jess Cruz is readily becoming one of my favorite characters. I love how DC is exploring anxiety/self esteem problems in a superhero, especially in one that relies on will power.
    "And I'm still of the opinion that actually physically killing him would be more eye-rolling and irritating than anything else; there's no way he'd stay dead, and having three boys who passed just damages the effect of any Batfamily member dying.

At this rate, Alfred should be getting a discount at the funeral homes and half the family must have frequent funeral miles."

-godisawesome, CBR

Mainly following: Batman, Detective, Titans, Green Arrow, Green Lanterns, Flash, Harley Quinn

BANNED

image.jpg

I can't tell you how much I love and appreciate Jessica Cruz. Out of all the lanterns, she is easily the most relatable imo. I would not be mad if Jessica was made the main GL in the DCEU. I think most people will welcome that.

Yup!! I think I ship them together now haha CRUZ + BAZ
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!