Page 1 of 37 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Jessica Cruz: Green Lantern Appreciation

Jessica's debut as Earth's newest GL in the pages of Green Lanterns is one of the most exciting things coming with a Rebirth, IMO.

Can't wait to follow her journey from the current Power Ring drama playing out in JL to her joining the corps.

Beware her power...Green Lantern's light!

image.jpg

image.jpg

Hey another Jessica Cruz fan!! I am not alone! i think she is pretty cool and I think it's awesome that we finally have a female GL, and she's Latina at that!! Can't wait to see what DC does with her.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

No neither of you are alone in this. I'm really looking forward to seeing what DC does with her as well and I can't wait for Green Lanterns.

Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

BANNED

Here's Hoping Humphries doesn't screw her and the rest of the book up(He has a rather iffy reputation due to his marvel books)

Quote Originally Posted by JasonTodd428 View Post
    No neither of you are alone in this. I'm really looking forward to seeing what DC does with her as well and I can't wait for Green Lanterns.

Her uniform is just perfect, a great mix of classic with some modern touches.

BANNED

how is it that Simon Baz Has 106 Issue Appearances(i feel like he has a lot less...)While Cruz just seems like someone they thought up but never really decided to do anything with until now

I wonder what her chances of appearing in the live action GL franchise is? Hmm I'd say she stands a better shot than Guy, Kyle and Simon. Only Hal and John stand a better chance, as Jessica has 3 things going for her she's a blank slate, is a female and is a Latina.

BANNED

I Don't see the chances of A Live Action GL Franchise doing any good after they screwed up GL the last time

I'm more of the inclination that Jessica Cruz is more interesting as a character as Power Ring rather than yet another Green Lantern.

I'd much rather have her as a character internally struggling against the will of an elritch parasitic god (Volthoom), but I guess if she manages to overcome her anxieties and fear than becoming a Green Lantern seems the logical approach.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser Of Truth View Post
    There's a universe where everything is Luchadores.

I WANT TO GO TO THE UNIVERSE WHERE EVERYTHING IS LUCHADORES.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    Hey another Jessica Cruz fan!! I am not alone! i think she is pretty cool and I think it's awesome that we finally have a female GL, and she's Latina at that!! Can't wait to see what DC does with her.

Where is this panel from? Don't remember seeing it it any of the Justice League issues.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkey View Post
    I'm more of the inclination that Jessica Cruz is more interesting as a character as Power Ring rather than yet another Green Lantern.

I'd much rather have her as a character internally struggling against the will of an elritch parasitic god (Volthoom), but I guess if she manages to overcome her anxieties and fear than becoming a Green Lantern seems the logical approach.
    with the red lanterns aiming to make earth their own personal slaughterhouse i don't think cruz being the wicked power ring would do any good for anyone

it would be neat the first time but then would just get old as Cruz keeps flipping out on baz and almost leading to both of them being killed by the red lanterns numerous times

I like Power Ring better too, it was more original and exclusive and interesting her having an evil ring. I think Volthoom could be downplayed, having realized in Darkside War how group work is much more powerful than he is alone, and then he could stop taking control of her every ten seconds. Then he could have evil plans in course now and then. It could be a fun dynamic if they don't overuse it.

But it's nice to have her as Green Lantern too.
    But now that she's free of the ring, we're back to square one and we'll get to know her from zero again, because now her life/dynamic is completely different and they can do very well or very wrong writing her, because it is almost a completely different character, given the very different circumstances.

BANNED

it was gonna happen eventually it's not like they had built her up a lot anyways right?

Let Jessica show enough willpower to cast the ring of Volthoom off, for it to fly off and possess someone to become the next Power Ring.

That way we get Jessica as a Green Lantern and a new Power Ring (perhaps as a villain again?). Shame Harold Jordan of the Crime Syndicate is dead, I found his petty, cowardly nature fun to read.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser Of Truth View Post
    There's a universe where everything is Luchadores.

I WANT TO GO TO THE UNIVERSE WHERE EVERYTHING IS LUCHADORES.

BANNED

again the wild card here is The writer Humphries who depending on who you are...might not have the best track record to tackle A Lanterns book

i heard his weirdworld book is good but everything else is kinda eh