Page 26 of 37 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728293036 ... LastLast
    Last edited by adrikito; 01-19-2018 at 09:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by pyrotwilight View Post
    a nice piece i saw up on twitter by clayton crain featuring blink and jessica. I guess they can be the green team. :d

Attachment 60850
    excellent image..

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    That happens every so often. Spider-Woman (another Jessica, lol) got her own show shortly after debuting 40 years ago. Kamala Khan is already in Avengers, and she debuted less than four years ago. Spider-Gwen was in the last season of Ultimate Spider-Man only two years after debuting in the comics, and Miles Morales was already a regular in that show, he's barely over six years old and this was three years ago in USM season 3. Harley Quinn and X-23 even appeared in cartoons before they ever appeared in the comics.
    Yep, seems like Jessica is one of those rare new characters who firmly entrenches themselves as a mainstay in the universe very quickly! Which I am very stoked about.
    Current Pull: Lazarus, The Realm, Seven to Eternity, Aquaman, Flash, Justice League Dark, Justice League Odyssey, Sideways, Black Panther, Captain America, Daredevil, Death of the Inhumans.

Future Pull: Killmonger.

Astonishing Member

Y'know just read the Justice League ("vs") Suicide Squad book. I do love what now makes sense that happened in that story (and reading comics out of order gives hilarity at times).

The Emerald Eye received orders from the Emerald Empress to blast Jessica but the eye detected chronal energy around Jessica and refused to fire on her (which in turn allowed I think her and Superman to almost destroy the Eye).

As it seems to still be Green Lantern tech of some kind (according to the story) that makes sense. If the Eye destroyed Jessica, based on what we saw in The First Lanterns it likely would've never been made. Granted whether it knew all that detail is unlikely but the possibility of GL Tech having secret subroutines that know Jessica and Simon because of that time jaunt is an interesting thing to think about.

how has Priest depicted Jessica so far?

Ugh they are going to be exploring some sort of romantic feelings between Jessica and Simon. Exactly what I was terrified would happen when Humphries left the book.
    Even the interviewer is clearly unhappy about it. Hopefully it just strongly rejects the idea of a relationship between them.

https://www.newsarama.com/38258-supe...-lanterns.html
    "Seeley: Yeah, we'll see why that is. But it's also going to deal with Simon and Jessica's relationship with each other.

Nrama: Uh oh.

Seeley: Yeah! When they sign up for this app, are they going to show up as good matches for each other? What does that mean?

Nrama: Yeah, because they haven't really had a spark, but it's something that would probably come up at some point.

Seeley: Yeah, it kind of plays off that idea, and a lot of us have had this happen, where you have a friend of the opposite sex and you try really hard not to think of them romantically, but something suggests it and you have to deal with it.

So that's a good way for me to tell a big, crazy superhero story but also have a more intimate, human story between our two leads."
    Current Pull: Lazarus, The Realm, Seven to Eternity, Aquaman, Flash, Justice League Dark, Justice League Odyssey, Sideways, Black Panther, Captain America, Daredevil, Death of the Inhumans.

Future Pull: Killmonger.

BANNED

Eh, I have to admit I've been wanting some Baz-Cruz all along. So I'm not too bothered.

Quote Originally Posted by dan12456 View Post
    Ugh they are going to be exploring some sort of romantic feelings between Jessica and Simon. Exactly what I was terrified would happen when Humphries left the book.
    Even the interviewer is clearly unhappy about it. Hopefully it just strongly rejects the idea of a relationship between them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Star View Post
    Eh, I have to admit I've been wanting some Baz-Cruz all along. So I'm not too bothered.
    I'm inclined to vote with the former myself. I personally don't think the series thus far as I've seen it (I'm a trade waiter so I've only gotten through Issue #26) supports the new twist. However, if the author is going this route, I hope it's because he thinks he can get a good story or good story material out of it, not just a "hey, this would be cool thing to do."

[Edit: For what it's worth, in the interview the author does seem to be giving thought to his writing and trying to make it organic to the characters and the world they live in, so I feel inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt that he knows what he's doing. Also, I think the interviewer's reaction to the fact that Baz and Cruz find themselves matched on dating app seems to be meant more in jest than anything else.]
    Last edited by WebLurker; 01-20-2018 at 12:48 AM.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Same here. I think they make a sexy couple lol Though it might be a bit cliche to have two close friends end up together
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    Same here. I think they make a sexy couple lol Though it might be a bit cliche to have two close friends end up together
    Well, it would save them the trouble of setting things up a bit. (They would have to explain the status of Cruz's crush on Flash though.)
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Well, it would save them the trouble of setting things up a bit. (They would have to explain the status of Cruz's crush on Flash though.)
    Crushes come and go, so I can see Jessica being over Barry. Kind of crazy that they were depicted as having 3 kids togther in the future though...
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    Crushes come and go, so I can see Jessica being over Barry. Kind of crazy that they were depicted as having 3 kids togther in the future though...
    Presumably things unfolded differently in that future that were negated by it being prevented from happening.
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Me too! Im looking forward too it

Yep, seems like Jessica is one of those rare new characters who firmly entrenches themselves as a mainstay in the universe very quickly! Which I am very stoked about.
    I like this too.. The news about Jess in DC Superhero Girls did not surprise me at all.. I recognize her potential..

Even the interviewer is clearly unhappy about it
    . Hopefully it just strongly rejects the idea of a relationship between them.

https://www.newsarama.com/38258-supe...-lanterns.html
    "Seeley: Yeah, we'll see why that is. But it's also going to deal with Simon and Jessica's relationship with each other.
    I always saw this possible..... I am not sure if I am happy or not... I like Jessica(in my TOP5 of female characters) but Baz... less...

HAHAHAHA... He is unhappy... So, The interviewer is fan of Jess too..
    Last edited by adrikito; 01-20-2018 at 12:22 PM.

Astonishing Member

They way it's phrased at least it sounds like it's more them deciding to see if they WOULD make a good match rather than anything else.

But I wouldn't mind it. They're both so much fun and though it could otherwise seem like they're being shoved together they actually do have a ton of chemistry with one another.