Page 13 of 37 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast
    BANNED

So according to the solicits, Simon is going to be the one who ends up having the big showdown with Volthoom. Just like he was the one who actively fought Atroctius.

Oye.

I've got nothing against Simon, in fact I think I like him more than MOST readers of the book, but him and Jess are supposed to be partners, you know? At the very least, this will hopefully lead to explanation about Simon's unique abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    So according to the solicits, Simon is going to be the one who ends up having the big showdown with Volthoom. Just like he was the one who actively fought Atroctius.

Oye.

I've got nothing against Simon, in fact I think I like him more than MOST readers of the book, but him and Jess are supposed to be partners, you know? At the very least, this will hopefully lead to explanation about Simon's unique abilities.
    I think Jess will still play a vital role in the fight, but I'm not surprised that Simon with his uncanny special abilities is the one to go toe-to-toe with Volthoom.

Edit. Nevermind.
    Last edited by Johnny; 06-19-2017 at 05:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post

Oye.

As a trades waiter, I haven't gotten past the first couple story arcs yet, but Cruz did play an extremely big role in the climaxes of the first two stories (she was the one who destroyed the Hell Tower and the climax of the Phantom Ring story was tied more to her developmen). So, while I don't know who's been driving the story arcs between, it does seem like each of them have had the opportunity to do big stuff, so I wouldn't worry about one getting sidelined just yet.

Quote Originally Posted by geomon View Post
    It's awful. It's the most forced relationship thing I've ever seen in a comic book, in my life. What makes it even worse is knowing Barry is dating Iris in his book and then you read Justice League and he's hitting on Jessica. What the hell Barry?
    Justice League is before The Flash comics and this was addressed in Flash that he's been dating after the initial date with Iris (Meena and Jessica)
    Favorite Characters : Cyborg, Hal Jordan, Simon Baz, Tula, Mera ,Bleez, Shazam, Wonder Woman, Agent 37 , Batman, Kon El, Atomica.

I love Legacy but you have to change things up to keep them from going stale - Jason Fabok

Twitter : @Flashpoint52

Incredible Member

Anyone else notice that artists seem to constantly fail to give Jessica Cruz one consistent look? I've seen her with blue-black hair, brown hair, olive skin, brown skin, white skin. In three books she looks different in all of them.
    Is this because she is a latino and americans seem to think of latinos as a race not a cultural/linguistic group?

Imagine if she was brazilian rather than latino. I think they would officially give up and drawn her like whatever.

Well Robson Rocha is a Brazilian artist and I think he gives her a rather consistent look.

Quote Originally Posted by Slaughter View Post
    Anyone else notice that artists seem to constantly fail to give Jessica Cruz one consistent look? I've seen her with blue-black hair, brown hair, olive skin, brown skin, white skin. In three books she looks different in all of them.
    Is this because she is a latino and americans seem to think of latinos as a race not a cultural/linguistic group?

Imagine if she was brazilian rather than latino. I think they would officially give up and drawn her like whatever.
    This isn't just with Jessica Cruz though. Most artists tend to struggle with drawing Latinos and Asians. They did the same thing with Lorena Marquez/Aquagirl, sometimes she'd be brown with black hair while other times she'd be tan with brown hair...

I think both looks work and I'm not sure which I prefer honestly. Mestizo/Native are the looks most Americans associate with Latinos, exception being those who live in Florida and New York/New Jersey.
    Last edited by El_Gato; 06-27-2017 at 01:24 AM.
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Quote Originally Posted by Slaughter View Post

Not sure, although it was a problem from the get-go; when she first appeared in New 52 Justice League, she was drawn with brown hair when the Power Ring finds her. When she comes back a few issues later under Power Ring's control and being forced to cause damage, she has black hair all of a sudden. JL normalized brown after that, as did the Green Lanterns series.

Been lurking since '08 Marik Swift's Avatar

Quick question: should Jessica's ability to converse with her ring in fact be Ion?

And with that, should she become the new host of Ion?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marik Swift View Post
    Quick question: should Jessica's ability to converse with her ring in fact be Ion?

And with that, should she become the new host of Ion?
    I suppose there is a potential angle with Jessica as the host of Ion, but it'd have to be different from what was done with Kyle as host.

Been lurking since '08 Marik Swift's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jbmasta View Post
    I suppose there is a potential angle with Jessica as the host of Ion, but it'd have to be different from what was done with Kyle as host.
    She's already more friendly with it, so that's a start.

And Kyle & Jessica in general are different enough that it's be entirely different.

DC Bombshell's Jessica Cruz Green Lantern!! She looks awesome!
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Oh my gosh that is absolutely beautiful!

Gosh why are the DC bombshells outfits always better than the original?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post

DC Bombshell's Jessica Cruz Green Lantern!! She looks awesome!
    that looks great. love the lantern stop light. although i'm not too sure on the eyebrows.