Page 27 of 37 FirstFirst ... 17232425262728293031 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by PyroTwilight View Post
    They way it's phrased at least it sounds like it's more them deciding to see if they WOULD make a good match rather than anything else.

But I wouldn't mind it. They're both so much fun and though it could otherwise seem like they're being shoved together they actually do have a ton of chemistry with one another.
    Them being together is something id much prefer over say them getting paired with other random heroes. Like Jess with Barry as we know its not going to work as he has his own Love interest Iris in his comic.

Their chemistry together is really fun and I think it could be nice to see their relationship evolve. I think it should be a later development though, like a bit of an endgame arc

Quote Originally Posted by PyroTwilight View Post
    They way it's phrased at least it sounds like it's more them deciding to see if they WOULD make a good match rather than anything else.

But I wouldn't mind it. They're both so much fun and though it could otherwise seem like they're being shoved together they actually do have a ton of chemistry with one another.
    Fair point. The description did make the emphasis that they found themselves matched on a dating site and the obvious questions that discovery raises, not what the end result would be.

Whether making them a couple or not is a good idea remains to be seen, IMHO. However, given that in a serial, you do need things to chance to keep stuff from growing stale, so I can see on paper than having the character's relationship change or evolve from where it started could be a good idea on paper. I mean, from what I've seen so far, the characters have been fast friends since the end of the first story arc. That's all well and good (and I hope that doesn't change irregardless of where they're taken from here), but if there's no variation to that dynamic, it's going to limit the story potential down the road.

Quote Originally Posted by Katana500 View Post
    Them being together is something id much prefer over say them getting paired with other random heroes. Like Jess with Barry as we know its not going to work as he has his own Love interest Iris in his comic.
    I would defend the Flash/Cruz (would-be?) relationship at least in the context of the Justice League series as it does build off of the New 52 JL material, where Flash seems to be the Leaguer who reaches out to Cruz the most and helps her through the transition as the Power Ring bearer (even Hal Jordan, who was the most logical trainer for Cruz given his knowledge of power rings, tells her to stay with Flash when he has to take a leave to solve a GL problem). Whether it would work out is another question entirely.

However, I would concede that putting Cruz and Baz together would more or less fit with Green Lanterns series, which was built on the idea that these two are friends and partners on the job. Given that they weren't big league players prior, I suppose it's also possible that it could be a long-term change instead of a short-term "shake things up briefly" stunt; this series does seem to be the primary establishing who these characters are and what their slice of the larger mythos is, if that makes any sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Katana500 View Post
    Their chemistry together is really fun and I think it could be nice to see their relationship evolve. I think it should be a later development though, like a bit of an endgame arc
    I could follow that and would be inclined to agree that a slow burn sounds better if the authors want to go this route. However, I think that, at the end of the day, it's how well it's pulled off (if it happens) that'll dictate my opinion. If done well, I'll probably be okay with it. If not, I'll wish they had left alone.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Surprised how many people like the idea. I felt Humprhies really built up a strong friendship that would be ruined by romance (and he never hinted there would be one) Personally I think the idea of putting partners together romantically because they happen to be of the opposite sex is just lazy writing. And for that reason I've always figured it was inevitable.

The interesting story is having two partners of opposite sexes who don't have a romance, because that story literally never gets written.
    Current Pull: Lazarus, The Realm, Seven to Eternity, Aquaman, Flash, Justice League Dark, Justice League Odyssey, Sideways, Black Panther, Captain America, Daredevil, Death of the Inhumans.

Future Pull: Killmonger.

Astonishing Member

While I definitely came into the book going "Oh man I hope folks don't try pairing the two off together." after a while the two just really meshed well.

While I'm not clamoring for the two as a couple at this point I can't say I mind it either. Though I certainly would've liked to see Simon try dating one of the established heroes out there as well. Jessica got to have some fun, let Simon.

And while I know Barry and Jessica was pretty random I'm also a sucker for alternate timelines and future kid stories like that arc so it'll be hard for me to ever shake off the two as a possibility (even if we never see it touched on again). Jason, Jenny and Nora were all adorable kids for Barry and Jessica. XD

Ah man. Part of me also tries to remember when Simon and Jessica weren't joined at the hip. Remember that? It's almost hard to imagine the two apart now.

Quote Originally Posted by dan12456 View Post
    Surprised how many people like the idea. I felt Humprhies really built up a strong friendship that would be ruined by romance (and he never hinted there would be one) Personally I think the idea of putting partners together romantically because they happen to be of the opposite sex is just lazy writing. And for that reason I've always figured it was inevitable.

The interesting story is having two partners of opposite sexes who don't have a romance, because that story literally never gets written.
    I don't like the idea, exactly. I'm sort-of playing devil's advocate on one hand, but on the other I can kinda see how might (possibly) work, so I'm playing it by ear and seeing how it actually comes together (and since I'm a trade waiter, it'll be a bit of a wait for me anyways to see how this gets resolved).
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

GREEN LANTERNS #44
    Written by TIM SEELEY • Art by RONAN CLIQUET • Cover by WILL CONRAD • Variant cover by BRANDON PETERSON
    Retailers: This issue will ship with two covers. Please see the order form for details.
    “GHOSTS OF THE PAST” part one! Jessica Cruz’s ring has a mind of its own, and it’s lashing out at her! Jess needs to find a way to defend herself against a ring that is making constructs against her will!
    On sale APRIL 4 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T

GREEN LANTERNS #45

Written by TIM SEELEY • Art by RONAN CLIQUET • Cover by WILL CONRAD • Variant cover by BRANDON PETERSON
    Retailers: This issue will ship with two covers. Please see the order form for “GHOSTS OF THE PAST” part two! Jessica Cruz has been pulled into a nightmare world created from her own memories. As Simon Baz and the Justice League try to find her, they turn to an unlikely ally for help: John Constantine!
    On sale APRIL 18 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T

Soon, we will see more about what happened time ago with Jess ring..

Honestly, her ring is some of the best parts of the series itself.

I wonder what's going to happen to Jessica when all the team books are reshuffled after No Justice? Clearly something big is going to happen with the GL line because not a single one was featured on the teams for the mini series. Will she still be a JL member or have a book? Guess we'll have to wait and see.
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

With those solicits, it makes you wonder if she's about to be DEPOWERED. Whatever happens though, I do get the feeling that she and Simon are off the League. No Justice follows Metal, and apparently the duo were already off the team then, as it was Hal with the League in that event.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    With those solicits, it makes you wonder if she's about to be DEPOWERED. Whatever happens though, I do get the feeling that she and Simon are off the League. No Justice follows Metal, and apparently the duo were already off the team then, as it was Hal with the League in that event.
    I hope they don't de-power her! That would be dumb. And yeah I'm preparing myself for the innevitable reveal that she will not longer be a League member. Snyder seems to want to reunite the Big 7 (meh) and so that means Hal takes back "his spot"

Even if she's not in the main League, I'm sure she'll still be in a GL book.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    I hope they don't de-power her! That would be dumb.
    Yeah, it's not what I want to happen, I just wouldn't be shocked if it did based on that solicit. It would be dumb to remove her from the Corps, considering she's just been added to DC Superhero Girls, so they obviously want to push her. But that storyline involving her ring rebelling against her doesn't bode well.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I hope they don't de-power her! That would be dumb. And yeah I'm preparing myself for the innevitable reveal that she will not longer be a League member. Snyder seems to want to reunite the Big 7 (meh) and so that means Hal takes back "his spot"
    Technically they do make it seem like it's "his spot", where everyone else they replace him with keeps his seat warm until he comes back for it. At least that's what DC has been doing for decades now. Though I'm not sure it means Jess is out. They did say NoJustice will spin out a few JL titles, right? Who's to say she won't be a part of any of those just because she may not be in Snyder's book. If I'm not mistaken, they said Joshua Williamson would write one of the JL books going forward, it would be great if they give him to write Jessica. Whatever happens, I think Jessica and Simon likely won't share the same Justice League book anymore though.
    Last edited by Johnny; 01-29-2018 at 05:29 AM.

I could see her and Simon being off the league which would be a bit of a shame cause I like them. But I really dont think they will leave her depowered for long if at all, It would be a really really odd decision if they did.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Technically they do make it seem like it's "his spot", where everyone else they replace him with keeps his seat warm until he comes back for it. At least that's what DC has been doing for decades now. Though I'm not sure it means Jess is out. They did say NoJustice will spin out a few JL titles, right? Who's to say she won't be a part of any of those just because she may not be in Snyder's book. If I'm not mistaken, they said Joshua Williamson would write one of the JL books going forward, it would be great if they give him to write Jessica. Whatever happens, I think Jessica and Simon likely won't share the same Justice League book anymore though.
    Yeah, I think you're right. I'm curious to see who her teammates will be though. I also think separating her from Simon is a good idea since it keeps her character fresh, but I'll definitely miss the pairing.