Page 6 of 37 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    That's cool man, just pointing out the facts. Though to be honest the Green Lantern titles in general took a huge dive compared to some of the others. Meanwhile look at how Flash and Wonder Woman are doing.
    That is true. Then again look at Aquaman he's in the same boat as the GL's and his book has been pretty good. We'll see what happens in the future with the Green Lantern books but for now I'm happy that it seems like Jessica and Simon are here to stay contrary to what others originally believed.
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Well I think they would've been here to stay regardless of how the book performed in the near future. The characters are in the Justice League too so they are obviously a long-term investment for DC. If we were going by immediate sales numbers then Cyborg would've been long gone. For the Rebirth span Jessica and Simon are clearly here to stay, afterwards it's either going to be the same thing or they might bring Hal back to the main book and put them in GLC, or just have another separate title for them. In short, no need to worry about them.
    Last edited by Johnny; 10-17-2016 at 02:34 PM.

BANNED

Its a Hal Book. Don't over sell it El Gato. John just talks some generic leadership lines and Guy gives a few one liners. Hal does all the cool stuff. Its great if you are a Hal Fan not so much if you are a fans of the other three.

Hal had 5 pages combined in issues #4 and #5. Venditti stated the next story would be a John-centered arc.

Astonishing Member

Hal had 5 pages combined in issues #4 and #5. Venditti stated the next story would be a John-centered arc.
    Plus John is front and center of the ad for the arc.

I love Jessica so the fact that her book is selling so well is good news to me! I pray DC continues to push her because the League could use a Latina on the roster (or more Latinos in general)

I wonder what Jessica's chances are for appearing on Superhero Girls? I'd love it if they introduced her as a main cast member since the show doesn't feature any Latinas unfortunately

Anyone else think that Jessica should've been the Green Lantern in the upcoming JL/MMPR crossover comics? It would've meant that the Justice League had two girls to the team, like the Rangers do.

Mighty Member

She is the best part of Green Lanterns.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    I wonder what Jessica's chances are for appearing on Superhero Girls? I'd love it if they introduced her as a main cast member since the show doesn't feature any Latinas unfortunately
    I think their playing Hawkgirl as a Latina (since it's the Kendra Saunders version). Don't quote me on that though .

Would love to see her on DC Superhero Girls though .

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Anyone else think that Jessica should've been the Green Lantern in the upcoming JL/MMPR crossover comics? It would've meant that the Justice League had two girls to the team, like the Rangers do.
    That would've been cool, and fitting, though I'm happy to see John on the Justice League in a big way again .
    Quote Originally Posted by Danileriver23 View Post
    She is the best part of Green Lanterns.
    She is definitely one of the funnest and most endearing parts of the book, for my money.

Astonishing Member

I like how she's talked to her ring so much it's developed a personality, or at least uses a different vocabulary than other rings.

Oh yeah I totally forgot about Hawkgirl. Still would love for Jessica to appear though. I mean its a show focusing on the females of the DCU so she seems like a natural fit to represent the Green Lantern Corps. It's only a matter of time until she pops up somewhere though

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Hey there's no reason to assume she couldn't appear.

I'm betting we'll be seeing a lot of the elements of the DC and Power Rangers franchises than just the main characters on the cover we've seen so far.

BANNED

Sharing from the DC Media thread:
    Jessica Cruz is an alt. skin in the mobile version of Injustice.

I wonder if that increases her chances of being the GL for Injustice 2. I mean John, Kyle and Guy are all dead and Hal is a yellow lantern now so who knows