Page 9 of 37 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Wonder why in the non-GL series and some covers, Jessica is sometimes shown with black hair instead of brown hair.

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    Cover for GL 24, with the teachers.

Attachment 49554
    That is a really awesome picture!! Only missing John and Hal! I would love a cover featuring all 6 of them, heck throw in Alan too and make it 7.
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Read this interview with Sam Humphries:

https://graphicpolicy.com/2017/05/16...reveal-part-2/

It sorta helps understand his approach. With all the loose continuity, I got the impression Sam was just winging it, but I can see how he's trying to follow in Geoff Johns' method of expanding the lore. There's probably some issues with his execution, but at least I get the impression that he takes it a little more seriously than I thought he did. And it's good to know him and Venditti compare notes sometimes.
    Save Ferris...

Astonishing Member

That makes sense, I'm surprised she still hasn't shown up. Since Hal is already on the show it would be nice if he is her mentor that occasionally shows up.

Someone in this thread predicted that Jessica would make her animated debut on Super Hero Girls.... Looks like you were right! Im excited!! Love the character!

BANNED

Pretty happy about this. Jessica is a fantastic character and the exposure will be good for her staying power.

Now if only I gave a s**t about or even saw the point in DC Super Hero Girls...

(Don't try to explain it to me. People have, and I disagree with the reasons behind it.)

Quote Originally Posted by unclepulky View Post

(Don't try to explain it to me. People have, and I disagree with the reasons behind it.)
    AAAHHHH HA HA HAA HAAAA (Joker laugh) Agree completely.
    Save Ferris...

Sorry. Just to clarify. That's the Mark Hamill Joker.
    Save Ferris...

Pretty happy about this. Jessica is a fantastic character and the exposure will be good for her staying power.

It seems like this is going to be a reboot of some sorts. Either way though this is a billion dollar franchise so it definitely has a reason to exist. It makes WB a lot of money and introduces younger girls (and boys) to superheroes of the DCU (female and male).

I think DC Super Hero Girls is really awesome and fun, so I'm glad to see Jessica showing up here .

Incredible Member Wandering_Wand's Avatar

I've enjoyed Jessica's debut and I like how the GLC is expanding into its own thing, really.

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Wonder why in the non-GL series and some covers, Jessica is sometimes shown with black hair instead of brown hair.
    Because some colorists think dark skin = black hair? It's happened with Ms. Marvel at Marvel too.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Because some colorists think dark skin = black hair? It's happened with Ms. Marvel at Marvel too.
    I actually like her with the dark hair lol. She looks good either way though.

I wonder if they'll introduce Simon Baz as a part of the "JL Bros"? I also think Star Sapphire should be used as an antagonist for Jessica!