Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    Frenzy
    Sage
    Danger
    Omega Sentinel
    Rover
    Lady Mastermind

Exodus in AoA Secret Wars
    I think Frenzy was the best example of a villain turned hero, but not utilized in the best way. She was a Magneto fanatic, turned X-Man, even if begrudgingly. The effect of AoX probably hit her harder than anyone else, save Rogue (via retcon). She got a taste of being a hero, a "good guy" and didnt want to do it just because of her manufactured feelings for Cyclops, but because of how it made her feel. She effectively erased old self, down to her appearance and embraced a new life as a X-Man. She should have gotten more attention in Legacy and its a shame she's little more than a plot device in Inhumans. IMO she shouldn't even be there. But the current climate of X-Men doesnt really bode well for her type of character anyway.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

BANNED

I think a more important question is, what X-Men villains haven't been heroes at some point? Mr Sinister, Spyral, Lady Deathstrike, Omega Red, Apocalypse (unless you count Kid Apocalypse) anyone else?

Do we count onetime allies who have slipped into villainy 20+ years ago and haven't had any heroic turns since?
    Dark does not mean deep.

Amazing Member

There's an idea. I wouldn't want it to be permanent, but could someone attack Mr Sinister really hard so that he turns good for an arc or mini. I imagine that could very entertaining to read for a short period.

Quote Originally Posted by Atlanta96 View Post
    I think a more important question is, what X-Men villains haven't been heroes at some point? Mr Sinister, Spyral, Lady Deathstrike, Omega Red, Apocalypse (unless you count Kid Apocalypse) anyone else?
    Selene...she, along with Apocalypse, is probably the villain with the least possible chance of ever becoming a hero. Joining forces for a story line for their own ensured survival? Sure. Full on hero, never. Though Mister Sinister isn't likely to win any civic awards either, his motives are at times...ambiguous (and sometimes not.)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nash View Post
    Selene...she, along with Apocalypse, is probably the villain with the least possible chance of ever becoming a hero. Joining forces for a story line for their own ensured survival? Sure. Full on hero, never. Though Mister Sinister isn't likely to win any civic awards either, his motives are at times...ambiguous (and sometimes not.)
    Selene needs to make a comeback, she's one of the few female super villains I can think of who is unconditionally evil.

Didn't Cannonball work for unwittingly for a bad guy when he first appeared?

BANNED

Kimura, William Stryker, Graydon Creed, Cameron Hodge, Eli Bard (borderline case. If you could ever rightly consider him a Face, it would have been long before the X-Men were a thing).

Selene needs to make a comeback, she's one of the few female super villains I can think of who is unconditionally evil.
    That, and she's at a power level that makes her a global-scale threat.

Protect the weak. Darth Phoenix's Avatar

Shield is evil but gets pushed as good,Gosyaner in New mutants went bad to good,Random from Xfactor was a baddie to goodie,Caliban was a threat in his intro or whenever he was serving Apocy,Karma started as a vilian due to her uncle crimelord uncle

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Firestar and Cannonball were never really villains.

Warpath weas quite a time with the Hellions and fought the X-Men a few times though.

I also consider Doctor Rao as first a villain.

So, how about Callisto, how do we see her?

Sabretooth is now an X-Man, but he did that before and he always betrayed them. Same applies for Mystique.

Lady Mastermind never quit being a villain.

Juggernaut however, was an X-Men/ Exculibur member for quite some time and would be valid I guess.
    Last edited by Master of Sound; 04-14-2016 at 12:26 AM.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

That's what makes it fun! Ricochet Rita's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    So, how about Callisto, how do we see her?
    Definitively yes. Caliban too, at some point, although his only goal was kidnapping Kitty.

Actually, most of characters are first introduced as antagonists because it's way funnier to see them fight against X-Men! I think that, in order to plan a voting thread, we might only consider characters that were villains aside and before their relation with X-Men --otherwise it would be a neverending list.

Quote Originally Posted by donpricetag View Post
    I think Frenzy was the best example of a villain turned hero, but not utilized in the best way. She was a Magneto fanatic, turned X-Man, even if begrudgingly. The effect of AoX probably hit her harder than anyone else, save Rogue (via retcon). She got a taste of being a hero, a "good guy" and didnt want to do it just because of her manufactured feelings for Cyclops, but because of how it made her feel. She effectively erased old self, down to her appearance and embraced a new life as a X-Man. She should have gotten more attention in Legacy and its a shame she's little more than a plot device in Inhumans. IMO she shouldn't even be there. But the current climate of X-Men doesnt really bode well for her type of character anyway.
    100% This. I'd say next to Emma she's a good example of a plausible turn with everything she went through. She's criminally underused and being in Inhumans is a fate worse than wallpaper since it's kind of out of character. I would've preferred her working directly with or against Magneto, being his most loyal fanatic originally, there's some room for story there.

"Adding" to this list, I'd say technically any villain who was on Utopia got the hero treatment. Dark Reign kind of made them all heroes facing off against the Dark Avengers. Even Scalphunter had a notable moment on Utopia.

Quote Originally Posted by donpricetag View Post
    Say- whatever happend to frenzy over in all new inhumans?