Super Moderator

Default Breaking Down Who's Who in "Doctor Strange's" Sanctum Sanctorum

The "Doctor Strange" teaser showcases Benedict Cumberbatch's Sorcerer Supreme -- but who are the film's other major players?

Full article here.

Quote Originally Posted by CBR News
    It's also possible, given the fact that McAdams plays a surgeon and not a nurse, that she'll be a totally original character.
    For what it's worth, "Night Nurse" was just a codename. The character was actually a doctor.

Spectacular Member

I don't know too much about the Doctor's villains but I don't see them doing any kind of completely original character. They haven't done that a single time in the MCU yet.

BANNED

It is possibly still Night Nurse... or they could be taking notes from the animated feature where Strange had a more emphatic colleague whom Stephen's often brushed aside because her cases were more like charity work to him. It could be something of the same vein here, arrogant Strange brushes her aside as an inferior surgeon and ends up having to rely on her for healing... which costs him his finger dexterity.

Aside that, I think Mikkelsen turns out to be Domammu in human guise, since we have seen him with a female follower sporting the same kind of eye-makeup, which could mean that she is Umar.

Astonishing Member Lady Warp Spasm's Avatar

I enjoyed this teaser and think Tilda nailed the concept of the Ancient One. I immediately thought of the Wing Chung abbess in 1976's Shaolin Temple who trains two of the principle characters (male) in fighting and enlightenment. As per typical of most Shaolin disciples, she was bald. I hope to see Asian characters somewhere in this series, not necessarily in the roles the comic laid out, but elsewhere.

I enjoyed the trippy visuals and am happy I can see beyond Benedict and believe I'm watching Stephen Strange.

I liked that I caught a bit of Mordo's jealousy / unease too.
    archer * magician *soldier * spy

Maybe she'll be the Night Nurse without being called Night Nurse. Wanda wasn't called Scarlet Witch yet, Pietro died without being called Quicksilver, Bobbi Morse wasn't called Mockingbird, etc.

Was hoping for Clea and Dormammu, but this trailer really looks awesome.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Expletive Deleted View Post
    For what it's worth, "Night Nurse" was just a codename. The character was actually a doctor.
    I am still holding out hope that McAdams is playing Clea, and that in a future film she joins Strange on his journey through the mystical realm. The fact that they aren't naming her yet, gives me hope.

Xennifin

Thinking with the garish look and the surreal background the villain in question might be Nightmare. He was also the villain in the first Dr. Strange appearance...

Jim Jem

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    It is possibly still Night Nurse... or they could be taking notes from the animated feature where Strange had a more emphatic colleague whom Stephen's often brushed aside because her cases were more like charity work to him. It could be something of the same vein here, arrogant Strange brushes her aside as an inferior surgeon and ends up having to rely on her for healing... which costs him his finger dexterity.

Aside that, I think Mikkelsen turns out to be Domammu in human guise, since we have seen him with a female follower sporting the same kind of eye-makeup, which could mean that she is Umar.
    I'm quite sure Mads Mikkelsen will be playing the role of NIGHTMARE.

I agree. I think Mads and that face .... he certainly has the creep factor there! lol

I do hope that Clea makes an appearance. She's one of the only good females in Stephen's crazy life! lol

But if Mads is a betrayer of Tilda, and if Chiwetal is as well. That would be kind of odd, no?