Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Who is more evil? Sinister or Selene?

They never really do the right thing. Always seem cold and heartless. Who is the most evil?

I think Selene - Sinister is more amoral most of the time, Selene comes across as someone who would do things 'for the evulz'.
    Dark does not mean deep.

The Marvel answer is Cyclops.

I think Selene probably.

Amazing Member

So that's the real reason Sinister is so obsessed with the Summers DNA. Sinister knows the true evil of the Marvel U when he sees it.

Selene. I love Sinister because he ships Scott and Jean.

BANNED

Selene. No question about it, Selene.

You can make an argument that Sinister is more of a well-intentioned extremist. He does a lot of bad things to people, and experiments on them against their will, but his drive isn't so much personal ambition as he genuinely believes his work benefits humanity in some twisted way.

Selene, however, wanted to be a goddess, and was willing to kill MILLIONS of innocent people to do it. Not out of any sick illusion that it would be for the benefit of mankind, but because of her own thirst for power.

BANNED

Selene is much more "evil" than Sinister. Its not even close. She's more like a "satanic type" evil, if you know what I mean. She has demonic consorts, she wields black magic, she devours the souls and life force of other beings...yeah, she's much worse than Sinister.

BANNED

There was this excellent X Men Annual 95 Sinister story where Cable's son tried to test to see if Sinister cared for that old woman he kept visiting. They kidnapped Jean Grey and BEAST was the only one left to save her. Tried to force her to read Sinister and see if he had any feelings for her. It came off like he did but no one could prove it and she died during the telepathic link. He said something like "Take this worthless husk out of here..she is of no use to me"

Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post
    The Marvel answer is Cyclops.

I think Selene probably.
    Thus the only answer is for Selene to create a hybrid clone/sire of herself and Cyclops in order to devolve into greater lengths of EVIL!
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Sinister is neutral evil. Selene is chaotic evil.

Selene for sure. She is marvel's most underappreciated and underused villain of either gender, both in terms of power and sheer irredeemable evilness. I would go so far as to say that she is Red Skull level evil, pretty much the top tier of Marvel's vileness, excluding possibly The Hell Lords themselves. When you think about it, every single act we've seen her commit on panel has been only to ensure her survival --she has no interest in the continued survival of anyone. The only times she has called a truce is because she knew without doing so, she would not be able to survive the situation. Everyone simply exists to satisfy the hunger that defines her very existence.

Sinister on the other hand, definitely evil but his motives are sometimes ambiguous. His motivations are complex and may at times serve for what he honestly believes are the greater good at least from a scientific standpoint. Obviously he considers most to be collateral damage to further his experiments but what the end result of those experiments are for are where the questions of ambiguity lie. Like...he had Cable created to take down Apocalypse (the cliff notes explanation). Surely that cannot be considered bad.

I also like how Gray Lensman put it.....Sinister more often falls into the amoral category rather than evil. Willing to do whatever is necessary to further his goals. Selene, we're all just cows for the slaughter.

So no, no question about it. Selene.
    Last edited by Captain Nash; 04-13-2016 at 05:40 PM.

BANNED

Both evil. What was great about Selene was how much initative she had under Claremont. Otherwise she is crappy.

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

Sinister, because he doesnt even see himself as "evil". He's a scientist. All our strife, pain, sorrow and despair are nothing more than parameters and byproducts of scientific advancement.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

Protect the weak. Darth Phoenix's Avatar

Disney is the most evil, the Selene is a close second.

Like most others have said (the majority, looks like) I think Selene would be more "evil".

Sinister does evil things, but his typical motive isn't to just destroy everyone or rule over the world.

When Sinister's evilness is interrupted his reactions are usually something like "No, you'll ruin my work!" versus Selene who probably just wants everyone dead, those thwarting her plans and everybody else.
    Psylocke · Magneto · Archangel / Angel · X-23 · O5
    April 2012 Posts: 351 RIP me