View Poll Results: What is Rick Remender's best current book?

Voters
65. You may not vote on this poll
  • Black Science

17 26.15%
  • Low

18 27.69%
  • Deadly Class

25 38.46%
  • Tokyo Ghost

5 7.69%
  • Devolution

0 0%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    CBR got me like.. Maxpower00044's Avatar

'Deadly Class' for me. If I were to rank the books I'm reading it would be:

- Deadly Class
    - Low
    - Tokyo Ghost
    - Black Science

Enjoy all of those books though.

Deadly Class for me
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

Gots No Chi Danny Rand's Other Fist's Avatar

Wow that is a way harder question to answer than I thought. Essentially, every one of these that I read more or less becomes my favourite as I'm reading it. I think the only exception is Tokyo Ghost, but I'm a couple issues behind on that, so it may very well do the same thing.

I guess overall I like Black Science marginally more than the others, a lot of which comes down to Scalera's art (not to say the others aren't great, Scalera is just one of my favourites). But yeah, Remender rules.

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Deadly Class by a long shot. I just don't care about Black Science and Low's artwork and pacing ruins any potential enjoyment I could get from it. Though I might have a higher opinion of Deadly Class if it would finally kill off the awful and irritating main character.

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

This is an incredibly tough question. I still need to read Black Science but Tokyo Ghost and Low are both excellent but, ultimately, Deadly Class takes it by a hair by being just a tiny drop more personal.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ragdoll View Post
    Tokyo Ghost #1 was maybe the worst single issue of a Remender book that comes to mind.
    Wow, I couldn't disagree more, I thought that comic was amazing.

As to the vote, I dropped Black Science after the first trade didn't grab me, have never read Deadly Class, but I love Low. Tokyo Ghost is promising, but Low gets my vote

Don't know how I missed this poll before. Reading black science, deadly class and tokyo ghost. Deadly class for me. No question.
    Image: Saga, East of West, Black Science, Deadly Class, Outcast, Southern Bastards, Descender, Kill or Be Killed, Black Monday Murders
    Marvel: Star Wars, Poe Dameron, Doctor Aphra
    DC: Detective, Doom Patrol, the Wild Storm

Amazing Member

Reading and loving all of them, each has their own flavor. If I had to only continue one book though, it would be Tokyo Ghost as of today, followed closely by Low. The issue of Low that focused on the daughter that wasn't kidnapped was phenomenal. He's really hitting it out of the park with each series for me.

Spectacular Member Nightcrawler92's Avatar

Low and Black Science. I friggin' love Deadly Class, but damn he kills on those two.
    Pull List:

DC: Flash, Justice Society, Green Lantern

Boom: Mighty Morphin’ Power Rangers

Image: Undiscovered Country, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun

Marvel: Ultimate Spider-man, X-men, Daredevil, Iron man, Thor, Hulk

Voted Black Science... but love and am reading them all. Can't wait for Seven to Eternity.

JoanWalter

Wanted to vote for Tokyo Ghost.

Black Science for me. I am only reading that and Low at the moment so that may change once I pick up Deadly Class and Tokyo Ghost.

All-New Member

Deadly Class, special mention to Tokyo Ghost but more for the art on that one.

Deadly Class seems to have been written from a personal place, the letters pages seem to reflect that and I can relate to the themes and era portrayed in the story. (not that I ever attended a school for assassins!).

Amazing Member

Deadly Class, and by a pretty long shot, for me. Easily his best ongoing work and could well be the best thing he's done, and Wes Craig's art complements it so absurdly brilliantly. Every issue I find myself torn between throwing the book across the room or beating my own face with it... how can one protagonist be such a stupid ******* and screw literally everything up that's humanly possible and yet remain SO DAMN COMPELLING? Remender. That's how.

BANNED

Deadly Class, followed by Low.

Black Science is mediocre, and Tokyo Ghost first two issues were so unbelievably awful that I couldn't stand to read anymore. Not even with its fantastic artwork.