Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Default What is the most likely fate of New 52 Superman?

1) Dead

2) Merger

3) Lost his powers...again

4) Something else

Any other theories?

Well...what day is it today? Because I go back and forth like a spinning top.

Today let's go with my three preferable theories:
    1. Joins Shay Veritas in the Phantom Zone, which we knows halts degenerative disease.
    2. Joins the Legion in the future for a treatment that exists there.
    3. Disappears into the sun mysteriously.

After that:
    End of Rebirth Special reveals the big bads to be none other than an adult Alexander Luthor Jr. (with long hair and a beard Lex II style, and reborn with ALL his original memories, from his first birth, the Crisis, the Paradise dimension, IC, and his death at Joker's hands) and his mother Earth-3 Superwoman. They have an established base at a little place called Vanishing Point. In their clutches bound and tortured: Superman.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 04-13-2016 at 06:23 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Well whatever it is, it isn't at all interesting when he's being replaced a week before he even leaves.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

I think he doesn't die but changes into...
    1) an energy being (All-Star/One Million)
    2) a powerless guy (again)
    3) a black gay woman for the sake of diversity
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 04-13-2016 at 08:23 PM.

Never Giving Up! GreenLanternRanger's Avatar

It's pretty much stated by Nuperman himself he's gonna kick the bucket at the end of Super League.
    There's a Time For Peace, and Then There's a Time To Punch Nazi Scumbags in the Face!!

1 is... possible, but unlikely. 2. has a better shot at coming to pass. 3.... about the same shot as 2, in my mind.

I think it'll be something else, though. No idea what, though.

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Well the obvious answer is he dies...but I keep coming back to a version of the merger idea. My personal thought is that the New 52 timeline merges with the preFlashpoint universe and what we get is essentially a rebooted DCU that's a little bit New 52 and a little bit post crisis.

I keep thinking there's some big twist with REBIRTH we aren't catching and when it's revealed we are going to be feeling like idiots for not seeing it coming.

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    Well the obvious answer is he dies...but I keep coming back to a version of the merger idea. My personal thought is that the New 52 timeline merges with the preFlashpoint universe and what we get is essentially a rebooted DCU that's a little bit New 52 and a little bit post crisis.

I keep thinking there's some big twist with REBIRTH we aren't catching and when it's revealed we are going to be feeling like idiots for not seeing it coming.
    Now THAT'S what I'm thinking. Or rather, some version of that.

BANNED

D
    e
    a
    d

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post

I saw this image

BANNED

He dies, comes back without his powers, and eventually becomes Superman again.

That'd be an odd choice considering he literally JUST went through that.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by vasir12 View Post
    That'd be an odd choice considering he literally JUST went through that.
    He didn't die, or give up the Superman identity, but it is close to what happened with Truth.

Still seems like the most likely outcome when Jurgens and Tomasi are done with their stint on the Superman line.

Spectacular Member

The idea of him coming back with the Legion's reintroduction ( we were told that the Legion would be back as part of a major angle down the line) is certainly possible.

Most likely just dead though and theyll act like he never existed because DC hates its superman fanbase.

The bolts of lightning around the hourglasses give a Flash vibe.

They wouldn't really make classic Wally the big bad would they? What am I saying, look what they're doing to Superman, lol.

Anyway, Superman in the narrative may say he's dying, but Tomasi's steering every which way than straight to avoid saying he's definitively going to die, which to me is telling. If he were actually dying, why not just say so? Its not really a spoiler when your main character says it, your arc's title implies it, and everyone knows Superdad is replacing him in June. So to me he's not saying anything either way because he's not going to die, and that would be a spoiler because of the misdirection. Characters think they're going to die in comics all the time. In fact more often than not when a character thinks it, they don't.

But, like I said, maybe tomorrow I change my opinion all over again. Seems like a few times every week I read something that gives me hope, takes it away, then gives it back again, and so on and so forth.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 04-13-2016 at 08:29 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by edwardsdv View Post
    The idea of him coming back with the Legion's reintroduction ( we were told that the Legion would be back as part of a major angle down the line) is certainly possible.

Most likely just dead though and theyll act like he never existed because DC hates its superman fanbase.
    That's not true. They're in the Superman fanbase.

If they wanted to forget him, they wouldn't be talking about him.