Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I am seeing parallels to the Death of Superman in the 1990's
    Death
    Reign of the Superman (Kenji Khan, SuperDad, Super Lois)
    and finally the return of Superman

Not sure the return of Pre fP Supes is a long term strategy here

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by vasir12 View Post
    That's not true. They're in the Superman fanbase.

If they wanted to forget him, they wouldn't be talking about him.
    I mean be optimistic if youd like, but I truly doubt it.

BANNED

He dies and his powers get dispersed to several others........My big hope is somehow Kal-L gets a rebirth.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Well...what day is it today? Because I go back and forth like a spinning top.

Today let's go with my three preferable theories:
    1. Joins Shay Veritas in the Phantom Zone, which we knows halts degenerative disease.
    2. Joins the Legion in the future for a treatment that exists there.
    3. Disappears into the sun mysteriously.

After that:
    End of Rebirth Special reveals the big bads to be none other than an adult Alexander Luthor Jr. (with long hair and a beard Lex II style, and reborn with ALL his original memories, from his first birth, the Crisis, the Paradise dimension, IC, and his death at Joker's hands) and his mother Earth-3 Superwoman. They have an established base at a little place called Vanishing Point. In their clutches bound and tortured: Superman.
    I quite like the sound of Option 1.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ManSinha View Post
    I am seeing parallels to the Death of Superman in the 1990's
    Death
    Reign of the Superman (Kenji Khan, SuperDad, Super Lois)
    and finally the return of Superman

Not sure the return of Pre fP Supes is a long term strategy here
    To be honest, this is probably the best we can hope for. Though it begs the question, how long will this new status last?

However he leaves, I'm convinced now that what will greet him when he returns is the Hank Henshaw Cyborg Superman, whose defeated the other Supers.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

However he leaves, I'm convinced now that what will greet him when he returns is the Hank Henshaw Cyborg Superman, whose defeated the other Supers.
    Actually my hope is that New 52 Superman returns with Kal-L and Pre-Crisis Kal-El in tow and together with Superdad all four take out Cyborg Supes...then turn attention to the true puppet master of this whole thing....BRAINIAC PRIME.

Go here for the rest.
    Last edited by manofsteel1979; 04-16-2016 at 08:26 AM. Reason: Moved to another thread more appropriate

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    Actually my hope is that New 52 Superman returns with Kal-L and Pre-Crisis Kal-El in tow and together with Superdad all four take out Cyborg Supes...then turn attention to the true puppet master of this whole thing....BRAINIAC PRIME.

Warning: This is a rather long post and it all sprang forth and i couldn't stop writing...

It turns out it is he that somehow engineered the "fall" of each of the Supermen. He orchestrated the Death of Kal-L at the hands of Superboy Prime in INFINITE CRISIS (it's implied he controlled Alex Luthor and Superboy Prime to set events into motion), He controlled Mxy to force the end of Pre-Crisis Supes and force him to "kill" himself. (turns out Pre-Crisis Supes figured it out that Mxy was being manipulated at the end of "Whatever Happened To The Man Of Tomorrow" and faked his demotion to Jordan Elliot to 'hide' from BRAINIAC, with a way to repower himself when the time came...clever guy. He is the one by the way who ends up rescuing both Kal-L and Nuperman from their fates via his ability to Travel across hypertime. ).

BRAINIAC PRIME also engineered the Poisoning of Nuperman all to get him out of the way to take out the "anomaly" of Superdad and his family...thus the Cyborg Superman revival. (turns out they weren't Supposed to survive CONVERGENCE...Yes, Convergence was also an elaborate plot to kill Superman across the multiverse once and for all and it went wrong, thus his plan "B" of killing them one by one that led to all this). Together the combined might of the four core Supermen of the multiverse destroy BRAINIAC PRIME once and for all and scatter his essence across the multiverse, which is the real reasons why we've had so many wildly different Brainiacs over the decades...they are all pieces of the essence of PRIME and all gained evolved into independent beings trying to evolve back to their original self but never quite do so thanks to a Superman always there to stop them and retard their evolution.

Afterwards, the Supermen all meet at Nuperman's Fortress.As they stopped BRAINIAC's plans, the Multiverse went on without having their Supermen lost. Earth -2 never was destroyed and they still have their Kal-L , Earth-1 still has their Kal-El and POST-CRISIS Earth still has their Clark Kent, thus the versions standing in the Fortress are now Time anomalies, redundancies who have no Earth of their own .

As they mull over how to proceed, a portal opens.

Out steps the Golden Superman and his Lois from the end of DC ONE MILLION and they offer a chance for the other Supermen to join him as a SUPER-LEAGUE policing the multiverse to prevent BRAINIAC PRIME from reforming. KAL-L and Pre-Crisis KAL-EL elect to join...but Superdad and Nuperman do not. Earth-0 is their home. Their turf. Superdad has a life. A family here a son to raise. Nuperman wants to get back to his life here being Superman. Golden Superman just smiles and says "I know" and hands each of them a "gift" to help in their new journey before disappearing.

Superdad opens his box...it's a piece of Gold Kryptonite from his Earth in a lead box.

Nuperman thanks Superdad for holding the fort and tells him he doesn't have to give up his powers...as far as he is concerned he has just as much right to the name given the good he had done in the months he filled in.

Superdad says "No, Kal. This is my Sons home,but it has never been truly mine. I was just keeping the home fires burning until you came back. I knew you would. Death has always been a temporary thing of those that wear this suit. After all, you are Superman. That's what we...YOU do. you are the impossible." before Nuperman can stop him, Superdad opens the box. In a flash of Gold is now just plain, ordinary Clark White. " It's kind of fitting ,this I mean. I've always thought of myself more as Jonathan and Martha's boy rather than Kal-El of Krypton. Now I am."

After a moment of quiet confirmation and perhaps a bro-hug or fist bump Clark looks at Nuperman and gestures to his boxed gift. "aren't you going to open that?" Nuperman smiles and does. Inside are two items. One is a folded red garment...the other a sunstone crystal with a note. "Never forget where we've been...but always be the Man of Tomorrow" with that, Nuperman slides the crystal into his computer....

It's the chronicle of all of Superman's adventures across the multiverse....we see actual comic panels from 80 years of stories on the screen as Superman and Clark White watch in awe. Superman unfolds the garment as they watch the images flash on the holoscreen...it's a new cape with the yellow "S" on it. Kal looks it over in awe and recognizes the stitching.

"Martha Kent...Mom...made this.I...I'd recognize that stitching anywhere." Clark White smiles "Comes to show there are constants in the universe."

Superman removes his tattered cape with the black "S" and puts the new one on his nanosuit. Superman closes his eyes as to concentrate and the nano-suit shifts it's form to something we don't see immediately but it's something that Clark White recognizes immediately. "Nice" he says "but, isn't that a little retro for you?" Superman says..."What the hell. I'm in a retro mood. Besides if I get tired of it I can always remove the trunks. No big deal." Clark White wryly remarks " You'd be surprised." Superman chuckles and they look at each other after a beat.

This is a sort of goodbye.

"so....you want a ride?" Superman offers Clark White "Nope. I'll use the League teleporter to get back to Metropolis. Lois , Jon and I have a lot to decide and talk about. You, however, have a world to get back to. Go. Up Up and Away."

Last shot of the comic, (all this occurs in ACTION #1000 btw) a full splash page is the real Superman, in the classic look (at least for this ending...as he says he can always change it later again), flying towards the reader from the Fortress smiling and alive, ready to tackle the next 80 years of adventures.

NOT THE END says the caption box...

*oh and as it turns out BRAINIAC PRIME is really Golden Age red haired "alexi" Luthor who was possessed by the Golden Age version of Vril Dox, driven insane and eventually evolved into a place of omnipotence in the Multiverse with an obsession with Superman in all his forms and illerations across space and time.
    really nice story, but i dont like the 12th paragraph from the storyline for some personal preferences

he could, however give the new cape to krypto and then we get back caped superdog
    Last edited by Agniwolf; 04-16-2016 at 07:48 AM. Reason: he edited the paragrafs

Omnes Viae Ad Infernum 666MasterOfPuppets's Avatar
    The legendary Fortress Of Solitude, the strangest place on earth

Well damn. That's one hell of a story (sans the trunks ).

As for what is the most likely fate of Nuperman... I really don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    I keep thinking there's some big twist with REBIRTH we aren't catching and when it's revealed we are going to be feeling like idiots for not seeing it coming.
    I'm thinking this too. I don't know what it is, or what would make sense. It will be something like this, or he will just be gone and forgotten and move on with this new status quo.

I think Rebirth is going to have a twist, but I'm not necessarily thinking that big, all-encompassing twist will tie into the Superdad/Superman conundrum as it stands. I think that's a standalone thing that the Superman titles will deal with and resolve. The major Rebirth Special stuff will be stuff to be resolved in the next summer crossover.

In other words stuff like the Rebirth Special death and stuff...I'm no longer thinking that has anything to do with Superman.

Oh and great write-up, steel! Has some elements that aren't necessarily my cup of tea but very fun and very Silver Age.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 04-16-2016 at 03:37 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

I think Rebirth is going to have a twist, but I'm not necessarily thinking that big, all-encompassing twist will tie into the Superdad/Superman conundrum as it stands. I think that's a standalone thing that the Superman titles will deal with and resolve. The major Rebirth Special stuff will be stuff to be resolved in the next summer crossover.

In other words stuff like the Rebirth Special death and stuff...I'm no longer thinking that has anything to do with Superman.

Oh and great write-up, steel! Has some elements that aren't necessarily my cup of tea but very fun and very Silver Age.
    BleedingCool is saying that all the books will lead up to something in two years. Kinda like countdown and 52

Quote Originally Posted by vasir12 View Post
    BleedingCool is saying that all the books will lead up to something in two years. Kinda like countdown and 52
    Summer 2018 it is leading too....and what exactly is Summer 2018?

The 80th anniversary of SUPERMAN....with ACTION #1000 hitting around that time.

I'm calling it now....New 52 Superman returns as the ultimate Superman of sorts in 2018, Superdad gets a nice send off, and everyone upset now over the changes will be scrambling to catch up on what they missed.

Thank you...I was inspired by your Cyborg Superman theory, saw your tagline quoting that great scene from CONVERGENCE (perhaps the highlight from that series) and thought...hmm...what if there was more to that...and it all came faster than a speeding bullet as they say.

Well...what day is it today? Because I go back and forth like a spinning top.

Today let's go with my three preferable theories:
    1. Joins Shay Veritas in the Phantom Zone, which we knows halts degenerative disease.
    2. Joins the Legion in the future for a treatment that exists there.
    3. Disappears into the sun mysteriously.

After that:
    End of Rebirth Special reveals the big bads to be none other than an adult Alexander Luthor Jr. (with long hair and a beard Lex II style, and reborn with ALL his original memories, from his first birth, the Crisis, the Paradise dimension, IC, and his death at Joker's hands) and his mother Earth-3 Superwoman. They have an established base at a little place called Vanishing Point. In their clutches bound and tortured: Superman.
    If he is sick why not visit Themyscira so the Amazons can heal him with the Purple Healing Ray? It literally heals any injury or illness.