Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    Summer 2018 it is leading too....and what exactly is Summer 2018?

The 80th anniversary of SUPERMAN....with ACTION #1000 hitting around that time.

I'm calling it now....New 52 Superman returns as the ultimate Superman of sorts in 2018, Superdad gets a nice send off, and everyone upset now over the changes will be scrambling to catch up on what they missed.
    Yeah, no. If they're going to just sting us along for that long I'm out. I'm not a kid anymore. I can't waste two years of my life waiting for "my" version to return. Hell, he's not even "my" version, I just think he had a cleaner history and better origin than his predecessor! I'm sick of these year long story arcs as is. Dragging something out for two years? I don't know where I'll even be in two years. This is supposed to just be a fun hobby, not something you have to make plans for years in advance!

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    Yeah, no. If they're going to just sting us along for that long I'm out. I'm not a kid anymore. I can't waste two years of my life waiting for "my" version to return. Hell, he's not even "my" version, I just think he had a cleaner history and better origin than his predecessor! I'm sick of these year long story arcs as is. Dragging something out for two years? I don't know where I'll even be in two years. This is supposed to just be a fun hobby, not something you have to make plans for years in advance!
    I feel you and understand. Heck I'm 36 myself so I ain't a kid either,but I do think a lot of people assuming the worst out of the gate and think this is some cut and dry paste job involving Nuperman and Superdad and suddenly worried that the Superman titles are going to have 10 year old Jon Kent as the star of the whole show forever are over reacting.

If this is a cut and dry cut and paste job where they just sweep the last 5 years under the rug and continue with Superdad like nothing happened, then yeah, I am likely out too,but something is telling me to stay calm and watch it unfold. I'm purely digital now so it's easy for me to walk away. I have for most of TRUTH and if this sucks, then I will just walk away again.

I'm hoping its not that long either. I hope its no longer than that of the timetable of the original Reign. Action 1000 could just be a huge celebration of all Superman incarnations involving a huge romp of the multiverse. No need to sync it to this.

Btw the sun motifs on the covers are making me think those who said he'll end up in the sun were right on. I could see the bad guy trying to utilize a massive solar flare that would take out the sun, but Superman stops him, reignites the sun, but Superman is nowhere to be found in the aftermath, leading to the conclusion that he died. Kinda like Hal in Final Night. Final shot though could be of a faint silhouette of an S within the flames of the sun.

When he awakens, it'll be someone's ass.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 04-16-2016 at 06:21 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

No way they'll be able to stretch it for so long. From here to AC #1000, Superman will be gone and returned at least 2 more times.

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    I agree. Well put. Some long-term planning from the editorial and creative people is good, but getting rid of your main character for 2 years and 100 issues of your main two books (Now shipping twice a month each) to set something up is absurd (Even Truth was a good idea- it just suffered from being stretched out way too long- take the best 12 issues of that over 3 months, and it's fine. Far too much filler and waiting over like 8-9 months and 48 issues). If you want to count Justice League and Triad as full Superman titles as well, plus maybe some extended family books like New Super-Man as half or quarter issues, we might be talking in the realm of over 200 issues on that timetable. It's way too long to drag it out. New readers won't even know who the guy is by then, and people like me will be long gone from buying Superman comics or following Superman-related news.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I'm hoping its not that long either. I hope its no longer than that of the timetable of the original Reign. Action 1000 could just be a huge celebration of all Superman incarnations involving a huge romp of the multiverse. No need to sync it to this.
    I agree with this post also. You don't have to hold off a potential return of new52 Superman to Action Comics #1,000 to do a sort of grand reunion of the Supermen and a joint adventure in that issue. The powers that be could easily, if they wanted to, bring new52 Superman back almost immediately and give him the main titles or most of them, and then find a plot device to allow SuperDad to go back to his own universe, which could turn out not to have been destroyed, and which would be missing a Superman, and do a single book (Existing or new) devoted to his adventures in his own universe

If they want, they could put some sort of barrier or limit in place that would prevent the two universes from crossing, but then on or in advance of AC 1,000, some plot device occurs that breaks down that barrier and allows for a grand reunion of all the Supermen. Maybe the original Kal-L from Golden Age collects new52 Superman, SuperDad/Pre-Flashpoint Superman, and pre-Crisis Superman, and all *4* of them unite to stop some grand threat (And maybe throw in some random variants from universes we don't know about for the heck of it ). People sometimes forget that there were at least four main Superman- Pre-Flashpoint Superman's run was 1986-2010 or 2011 at most. He's not only not the original Superman- he's not even one of the first two.

Maybe they could even mention the "impenetrable barrier between dimensions" that was put in place when SuperDad was returned to his universe (In this hypothetical storyline) and the real Golden Age Superman could just say "What barrier? Oh, wait, I think I know what you're talking about. You gentleman really couldn't get past that? I didn't even know it was supposed to be a barrier.".

I think Clark will return before then. I do, however, think that whatever is gonna go down in two years, he'll be right int eh center of it.

It looks like rebirth is going to last 2 years.

where they filmed that one movie and half of that other one

Maybe he ends up in the Pre-FP Earth through some reality-rearranging shenanigans, and he'll be like "Wow why is everyone so old?"

Amazing Member

I want to see him dead

I want to see how important was he to the ppl around him
    he was reckless in his actions and got earth in danger a load of times and needed a load of improvements to be on par as batman
    He did impress me in some issues but other then that he was kinda unlikable by me and the majority of fans
    in Scott Lobdel run he was a tarrable person.......
    Last edited by gtomanga; 04-17-2016 at 02:07 AM.

BANNED

Well, if they do actually kill him, somebody is bound to eventually bring him back. Probably as a villain.

Hard to say... it's really quite the conundrum.

I'm really liking the idea of putting New-52 Superman in the Pre-FP Universe though! = ) That could be a really fun story, that could really help to pin down the differences between the two Supermen.

A few of them, is that I would say new-52 Superman has a bit more of an attitude, and he's not quite as reserved in the use of his powers.

I think there's a scene back in the mid's of pre-FP, where Superdad was really starting to turn kind of into a push-over, where Batman is mad at him for keeping some secret from him? Well, Batman jumps in the bat-plane and SHOOTS SUPERMAN DOWN! 0_o Kind of sucker-punch. And the only thing Superman says, is, well... "I'm sorry Bruce, I shouldn't have done that".

I am pretty certain such an encounter between New-52 and Pre-FP Batman would go quite differently... In fact, I think new-52 would be pissed as all h*ll, and rip Batman straight out of the bat-plane, and then PUNCH HIM OUT(!) for doing that.

Can someone elaborate on this encounter btw? Am I remembering it correctly? When was that?

Quote Originally Posted by gtomanga View Post
    in Scott Lobdel run he was a tarrable person.......
    Please don't use Scott Lobdell's writing to determine the worth of any character though.
    He's a very polarizing writer, as you might know, and many people feels he never writes anyone in character.

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by L.R Johansson View Post

I'm really liking the idea of putting New-52 Superman in the Pre-FP Universe though! = ) That could be a really fun story, that could really help to pin down the differences between the two Supermen.

A few of them, is that I would say new-52 Superman has a bit more of an attitude, and he's not quite as reserved in the use of his powers.

I think there's a scene back in the mid's of pre-FP, where Superdad was really starting to turn kind of into a push-over, where Batman is mad at him for keeping some secret from him? Well, Batman jumps in the bat-plane and SHOOTS SUPERMAN DOWN! 0_o Kind of sucker-punch. And the only thing Superman says, is, well... "I'm sorry Bruce, I shouldn't have done that".

I am pretty certain such an encounter between New-52 and Pre-FP Batman would go quite differently... In fact, I think new-52 would be pissed as all h*ll, and rip Batman straight out of the bat-plane, and then PUNCH HIM OUT(!) for doing that.

Can someone elaborate on this encounter btw? Am I remembering it correctly? When was that?

It was an ACTION COMICS issue written by Joe Kelly , don't remember the exact issue number. Circa 2001 ish I think. It was sometime after EMPEROR JOKER, In that story, The Joker had stolen Mxy's powers and taken over all of reality. During that arc, the Joker was brutally killing and then resurrecting Batman over and over and over, and Batman retained all of those memories. At the end Joker is stopped,and everything returns to normal, but Batman was completely broken and mentally destroyed. Superman couldn't bear to see Batman like that, so he had the Spectre (or was it Mxy? I don't quite remember who) take those memories from Bruce and absorbed those into his own mind, as his Kryptonian brain could handle it. Batman suspected for some time something wasn't right and confronted Supes about it, which led to the scene you remember.

In that context though, Superman's reaction was mostly in character,but I remember thinking even then Clark could have at least stood up for himself more.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by L.R Johansson View Post

Please don't use Scott Lobdell's writing to determine the worth of any character though.
    He's a very polarizing writer, as you might know, and many people feels he never writes anyone in character.
    i see, ill keep that in mind
    his art tho was epic its a mix of anime looking and cartoony teen drama style art
    i wanted to see more like that.

Angry

1. HMMM... I'm not sure, It is what it looks like now .. and I do not like, there is a possible permanent replacement.

2. NO.. no need fusion.. Damn family always serious priority of superman and he would live with them.

3. Yeah... the powers they would return at some point.

4. Maybe this is the best opcion.. EVEN with this matter death .. but with a planet where they have a cure... and he will be a few months off the Earth.

In this moment is the first option..
    Last edited by adrikito; 05-02-2016 at 06:05 AM.

Astonishing Member DieHard200904's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    1. HMMM... I'm not sure, It is what it looks like now .. and I do not like, there is a possible permanent replacement.

2. NO.. no need fusion.. Damn family always serious priority of superman and he would live with them.

3. Yeah... the powers they would return at some point.

4. Maybe this is the best option.. EVEN with this matter death .. but with a planet where they have a cure... and he will be a few months off the Earth.

In this moment is the first option..
    If you were to ever ask me what I think the best way to have this would be, I would say have Pre52 and Jon for Reign of the Superman in place of the slot originally used for Superboy, have some adventures in New 52 Universe, and then get shown by some character with multiversal awareness, such as Starman, that the universe is either not destroyed, or there is an Earth-2 that needs a vacancy filled.

As for New 52 Superman, give him the All-Star Superman treatment for his "death". But have him, instead of remain a Sun God, have him leave the Sun and go into a state of reverting back to his normal Superman form because he hears his friends crying out for help during the "Reign", where some villain is beating up on the other Supermen (Steel, Eradicator, Pre52 and Jon) and maybe Supergirl and Superwoman as well. He comes in to save the day, but shows that he is reverting out of golden "Sun God" mode, because he fills in the role he once had.

Pre52 eventually finds either the home universe or Earth-2 and they run some series about that and the Super-family that could have been in Earth-2, but didn't because they had to kill off Kal-L.

Another thought I had was that of the "Sun God" mode being sacrificed by New52, but either way, in my scenario, everybody wins, because Pre52 gets something better than what he got in Grounded, and New 52 gets on a path back to his status quo.