Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default VILLAINS! Your Thoughts On: Villainy Inc

It's been a while but Villainy Inc is an interesting group. DO you want to see many of them?

I do!

Bring back Villainy, Inc.!

So much cross-dressing! It's like a Shakespeare play!
    My, my! One does peculiar things when one is a gorilla!

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier X View Post
    I do!

Bring back Villainy, Inc.!

So much cross-dressing! It's like a Shakespeare play!
    That's what I loved do you feel they should be an all female group ?

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

I hope we see a return of Villainy Inc. in the New 52. I wouldn't mind if they were all female but I don't think that should be a strict rule as that would come across as sexist I'd like to see the group consist of:

Queen Clea
    Giganta
    Dr. Poison
    Osira
    Duke of Deception
    Minister Blizzard
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

The only reason for me to see the Villainy Inc as all female would actually be because of the fact the are the counterpart of the amazons

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

I would love for Dr. Cyber to return and lead Villainy INC. She was never part of the classic lineup, but it still seems like being a team leader is a natural fit for her. I could see Giganta, Dr. Poison, Blue Snowman and maybe the Mask being her subordinates. I can't really see either Cheetah or Queen Clea taking orders from anybody though.

I do think Barbra and Clea would join just for the alliances.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    I hope we see a return of Villainy Inc. in the New 52. I wouldn't mind if they were all female but I don't think that should be a strict rule as that would come across as sexist I'd like to see the group consist of:

Queen Clea
    Giganta
    Dr. Poison
    Osira
    Duke of Deception
    Minister Blizzard
    How would it be sexist? There isn't really an overflow of female villains so yeah, I would mind a group focusing on only them, like the old birds of prey or the current X-men team, or Gotham City Sirens.

Anyway, I think if there's a new Villainy Inc, some new 52 villains should come up, I would love if Cassandra was a part of it.

You know I think someone suggested this on the old forum and I kinda loved the idea, what if they merged Dr. Cyber with Cassandra? Like for example, she gets disfigured during her confrontation with the First Born, blames Diana for being too late/incompetent and gets all Darth Vader with a mask and cyber suit and swears vengeance, she then sets up the Villiany Inc.

or maybe have her be Silver Swan but I think Dr. Cyber would be cooler.

I'd like to see the group consist of:
    Dr.Cyber/Cassandra (Leader)
    Giganta
    Blue Snowman (lol I just love her and her old man face, it's hilar)
    Dr. Poison
    Silver Swan
    Jinx
    Last edited by Step; 08-26-2014 at 03:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Step View Post
    How would it be sexist? There isn't really an overflow of female villains so yeah, I would mind a group focusing on only them, like the old birds of prey or the current X-men team, or Gotham City Sirens.

Anyway, I think if there's a new Villainy Inc, some new 52 villains should come up I would love if Cassandra was a part of it.

You know I think someone suggested this on the old forum and I kinda loved the idea, what if they merged Dr. Cyber with Cassandra, like for example she gets disfigured during her confrontation with the first born, blames Diana for being too late/incompetent and gets all Darth Vader with a mask and cyber suit and swears vengeance, she then sets up the Villiany Inc.

or maybe have her be Silver Swan but I think Dr. Cyber would be cooler.

I'd like to see the group consist of:
    Dr.Cyber/Cassandra (Leader)
    Giganta
    Blue Snowman (lol I just love her and her old man face, it's hilar)
    Dr. Poison
    Silver Swan
    Jinx

If the rule for a character to be a part of Villainy Inc. is that they must a be a female, that's sexism towards men.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Not your dad, I swear Ghostwise's Avatar

If the rule for a character to be a part of Villainy Inc. is that they must a be a female, that's sexism towards men.
    On the other hand, they're villains. They do villainous things. It says so on the tin.

Since I'm in the mood to decorate threads, here's the 1948 roster - illustration originally prepared for this Villainy, Incorporated article. Not a sissy in the lot !

Writeups.org -- huge encyclopaedia of characters, chiefly from super-hero comic books. It's great.

I don't consider it to be sexism, there is such a dearth of female villains I don't think one comic book focusing on mainly women would be sexist.

Or are you saying the villians involved would be seen as sexist? Cause I didn't mean that they would state "no-men allowed" as a rule, just as an unwritten rule that all the members of Villiany Inc just HAPPEN to be women.

Even if it is explicitly stated, they're villains, who cares if they're sexist?
    Last edited by Step; 05-04-2014 at 06:09 AM.

I don't consider it to be sexism, there is such a dearth of female villains I don't think one comic book focusing on mainly women would be sexist.

Or are you saying the villians involved would be seen as sexist? Cause I didn't mean that they would state "no-men allowed" as a rule, just as an unwritten rule that all the members of Villiany Inc just HAPPEN to be women.

To me that actually would make them counterparts to what Diana stands for. To me most groups are what the Hero is against. Diana wants to see the both genders equal but the villainy or some is more about having one gender in charge.

It's true, they are villains so sexism would probably be nothing compared to the other heinous acts they perform but if the writer of the story took the stance that all of the members had to be female before he or she even considered who should be on the roster, I do think that would be sexist towards men. I think the writer should pick the best characters without a gender requirement in mind.

It's true, they are villains so sexism would probably be nothing compared to the other heinous acts they perform but if the writer of the story took the stance that all of the members had to be female before he or she even considered who should be on the roster, I do think that would be sexist towards men. I think the writer should pick the best characters without a gender requirement in mind.
    Well, maybe if wasn't for the fact male villains kinda dominate the DC universe, I think bringing women to the forefront would not be sexist, if anything it would help level out the playing field, and what better villains than Wonder Woman villains? A hero that's all about equality and one of the few titles I can think of right now that has a somewhat sizeable roster of female villains.

I think a good writer can pick great female villains and make them work and I mean Gail Simone's run on Birds of Prey was critically acclaimed and a huge fan favourite, this current run of X-men is all women and I think it's being received very well (I'm not that well-versed on Marvel) and they were both made with a specific gender-requirement, unless you think they're sexist too?

And let's not forget the last two times Villany Inc was there, they were both all women, so it's already proven that it can work
    Last edited by Step; 05-04-2014 at 07:35 AM.

Well, maybe if wasn't for the fact male villains kinda dominate the DC universe, I think bringing women to the forefront would not be sexist, if anything it would help level out the playing field, and what better villains than Wonder Woman villains? A hero that's all about equality and one of the few titles I can think of right now that has a somewhat sizeable roster of female villains.

I think a good writer can pick great female villains and make them work and I mean Gail Simone's run on Birds of Prey was critically acclaimed and a huge fan favourite, this current run of X-men is all women and I think it's being received very well (I'm not that well-versed on Marvel) and they were both made with a specific gender-requirement, unless you think they're sexist too?

And let's not forget the last two times Villany Inc was there, they were both all women, so it's already proven that it can work

I loved Gail's run on Birds of Prey and I am a big fan of all incarnations of Villainy Inc. I just don't like rules that restrict gender, race, or anything along those lines. That being said, I would have no problem if Villainy Inc. ended up being all female because the writer thought that the characters chosen were simply the best ones, instead of just being the best female ones.