Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

I played the game for almost 2 hours at a friend's house and really loved it. Then again, I pretty much love anything to do with space and space travel, so they had me hooked.

I'm actually contemplating buying a next-gen system just to play this game.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

This game has some missing features that they said would be in this game (here is a long well composed list on reddit worth checking out (if you have the time)).

https://www.reddit.com/r/NoMansSkyTh...es_a_big_list/

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Same here.

My worst fears about this game seemed to have been true in that it's extremely repetitive and there just isn't much to do.
    I watched a livestream of this and was bored to tears. This seems so bareboned to me that I would rather play Minecraft because at least with that you can have mods that make the game more interesting and fun.

Grand opening. Grand closing.

Pretty sad too. It actually had some nice moments, and you could see the makings of something good, but it never broke past that the initial excitement phase. No one will ever ***k with Hello Games again. Don't even see the reason to lie about some of that.
    Last edited by ChibaMariners; 08-26-2016 at 06:54 AM.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Sadly "No Man's Sky" fell because the expectations of it was too immense. It was proclaimed to be possibly the greatest game ever created for the Playstation and that it would change the world. It was like anything that becomes so over hyped. It falls to Earth because no way could it ever meet the expectations many placed on it. In a year or two I will get a cheap copy and play it. My expectations aren't high at all for it.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

I had my first playthrough of this game today on my new PS4 and I can kind of see things from both sides, albeit early days. I had a niceish planet to start on... at least in terms of it being toxic rain'y and stuff, but I managed on the whole to figure out how to repair the ship, accidentally tick off the Sentinels ten seconds in without knowing how to run or shoot them, investigate a Gek shrine, locate minerals and study some interesting animals before eventually leaving Planet Skaro (I'm a Doctor Who fan and it was toxic) and basically get out of the Solar System after about three to four hours of play.

It's fun to explore and come across crazy stuff, like I met my first hostile critter - some strange one foot crab thing in a cave - and then immediately my first dinosaur sized creature, which was thankfully less hostile. But farming for minerals when you're not an avid minecrafter type like me on planets which so far can be a tad similar - though the last planet I was on had a ice planet vibe, not quite Hoth levels but the temperature apparently plummeted to -75 at night, yikes - things can slog a little, and so far it's still some hand holding thanks to the Atlas path and early days of hyper jumping. But it's engaging. I doubt I'll play it constantly like some, but It's an engaging game thus far for the most part.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Sadly "No Man's Sky" fell because the expectations of it was too immense. It was proclaimed to be possibly the greatest game ever created for the Playstation and that it would change the world. It was like anything that becomes so over hyped. It falls to Earth because no way could it ever meet the expectations many placed on it. In a year or two I will get a cheap copy and play it. My expectations aren't high at all for it.
    It's not like the expectations came out of nowhere. Sean Murray was hyping the game to Hades & back with promises of all these varying ways to play the game, Ships being more than aesthetic differences, proximity to stars effecting ecology, space factions and being able to take one side or the other, etc, etc.... The big deal is him lying about multiplayer functionality.

If you have the time AJ covers it all

Reports are 90% of the users of No Man's Sky have quit the game and trying to get refunds for the game.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Reports are 90% of the users of No Man's Sky have quit the game and trying to get refunds for the game.
    An Ex-Director from Sony accuse people asking for refunds of being thieves.

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/...efund-demands/

https://twitter.com/shahidkamal/stat...82257964294144

https://twitter.com/shahidkamal/stat...rc=twsrc%5Etfw

https://twitter.com/shahidkamal/stat...rc=twsrc%5Etfw

I can actually agree with him on one point. If you bought the game and played 50+ hours into it and demanding a refund is kinda shitty. Its like going to a fine dining place , eating 75% of the meal and demanding a refund for the entire meal.

BANNED

im still getting this game but i don't buy games when they are released. despite mixed reviews i think it will be a great game to play i have seen gameplays for the ps4. i love to explore and find things but i understand if people want a story. sometimes there is no story and gamers refuse to understand that not all games have to be story driven.

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewBatman82 View Post
    im still getting this game but i don't buy games when they are released. despite mixed reviews i think it will be a great game to play i have seen gameplays for the ps4. i love to explore and find things but i understand if people want a story. sometimes there is no story and gamers refuse to understand that not all games have to be story driven.
    I will wait a year til all the patches and updates are done. Its said that the game makers are doing patches to fix the game. In a year it likely will be found for $10-15 bucks.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewBatman82 View Post
    All sings to to it not being a great game to play. There seems to be very little play, less than the trailers, and those trailers looked like little.

There doesn't actually seem to be anything to explore in the game.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by simbob4000 View Post
    All sings to to it not being a great game to play. There seems to be very little play, less than the trailers, and those trailers looked like little.

There doesn't actually seem to be anything to explore in the game.
    Exactly this.

It just seems there isn't that much to do in the game.

Despite the 18 quintillion planets.

BANNED

Eighteen quintillion times zero is still zero.