Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Prisoner 6655321 View Post
    My LCS is pretty jaded regarding DC by this point. From what the guys have said any sales bump the New 52 gave them died off years ago and wasn't very significant. Honestly, when I told them I was dropping several Marvel titles to make room for some DC stuff I got a little chat about how they had absolutely no faith that rebirth would be any less like a chicken with its head cut off than DC has been for years. I'm still giving DC another shot but if things don't look much better by the end of the year I'll probably wind up regretting it.
    One of the guys who owns my local gaming store does the same crap. "Don't buy that game. No one plays it. Even if you got people to play it, the community would die."

From what i'm reading on this thread and around internet, I guess that a lot of retailers already made up their minds about DC Rebirth even before the books are out. And probably are the same retailers that keep pushing Marvel's sales gimmicks while saying that DC is the one needing to "focus on storytelling rather than stunts".
    "Longtime fans will read the book and bitch about it NO MATTER WHAT."

- Grant Morrison

Never Giving Up! GreenLanternRanger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Crown View Post
    From what i'm reading on this thread and around internet, I guess that a lot of retailers already made up their minds about DC Rebirth even before the books are out. And probably are the same retailers that keep pushing Marvel's sales gimmicks while saying that DC is the one needing to "focus on storytelling rather than stunts".

Sad but true. Personally I'm just glad to have a shop in my area that pushes DC and Marvel equally.

But yea it does seem some shops are far too bias for or against certain things.

Oh well. I'm still optimistic about Rebirth. Hopefully more people will come around in time.
    There's a Time For Peace, and Then There's a Time To Punch Nazi Scumbags in the Face!!

Quote Originally Posted by GreenLanternRanger View Post
    Sad but true. Personally I'm just glad to have a shop in my area that pushes DC and Marvel equally.

But yea it does seem some shops are far too bias for or against certain things.

Oh well. I'm still optimistic about Rebirth. Hopefully more people will come around in time.
    It's also sad how some people are trying to rewrite history and make look like the New 52 was a complete failure since the beginning, when, in reality, sales only took a plummet when DC tried a more risky approach with the DCYOU initiative. And, again, just because retailers deliberately chose to push latest Marvel's event/relaunch rather than supporting real quality and diversity.
    "Longtime fans will read the book and bitch about it NO MATTER WHAT."

- Grant Morrison

Spectacular Member

Nothing - my LCS is quite old and dated it wouldn't surprise me if it ends up closing at some stage and I'm left with a walk up to a franchise shop further away, I had to ask for the preview booklet that was left behind the counter under a stack of boxes, maybe some of the big hitters like DC, Marvel and Image should start supplying some displays again or even sharing digital screens and YouTube channels to be played during the opening hours it seems an industry that is ripe for improvements that could be made quite easily with a little investment,

DC should be playing their Rebirth announcements with the creative teams in these stores and all of them working harder at fan engagement which seems only through these kind of websites, everything from creative teams seem off their own time on social networking

Nothing. My LCS closed for good late last year.
    "Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing."-
    Benjamin Franklin

Astonishing Member kingaliencracker's Avatar

My LCS closed up shop summer of last year. I tried another LCS but I wasn't keen on their customer service and my pull was usually jacked up from week-to-week. So I ultimately just started getting mine online and via digital.