Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Phoenix View Post
    One of the New Mutants movies could do a Lila Cheney bit with Gosamyr and it draws the attention of the Skrull, and Shair by stealing the M"Kraan crystal
    Warlock could join while they are in space. Cypher would be very useful
    Well, you can't use Warlock without explaining the Phalanx, but that's a good idea. Introducing the X-Men to the cosmic scene via the New Mutants. What's more fun than mutant swashbuckling in space? Teenaged mutants swashbuckling in space! LOL. The Lila Cheney angle is pretty slick, especially if she accidentally transports them halfway across the galaxy and has no clue how to undo it immediately. But I think something like this would have to wait until a sequel. There's no way you could do this in the first movie while introducing the characters and the premise of the line which is supposed to be heavily "YA" influenced.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

Starjammers solo film.

...come on, with the right director? A talking skunk? Boffo box office! Throw in the Imperial Guard too, it's the closest we'll get to a Legion of Super Heroes film.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by justinslot View Post
    Starjammers solo film.

...come on, with the right director? A talking skunk? Boffo box office! Throw in the Imperial Guard too, it's the closest we'll get to a Legion of Super Heroes film.
    Wouldnt that be the most blatant ripoff of GoTG? Whether or not it actually is, it would surely be perceived as such
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    Wouldnt that be the most blatant ripoff of GoTG? Whether or not it actually is, it would surely be perceived as such
    Oh absolutely! But, also, since GotG exists, a Starjammers film is more plausible than it would have been without it.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by donpricetag View Post
    I don't know. I've steadily reading X-Men for more than 20 years and I can't remember the Celestials being brought up before the most recent Astonishing X-Men series finale. Even if they have, it'd be negligible. The sharing of the twins is a bit more in-depth. They were introduced in the X-Men as mutants but spent the vast majority of their history as Avengers. Fox and Marvel didn't happily decide to share them, it was a ruling in court. The fact that Marvel has so heavily used the Celestials in GotG tells me they've got exclusive claim over them... On the other hand, how much have they been featured in Fantastic Four? I know very little about them I terms of back issues.
    They are a big part of Apocalyspe's origin, part of his powers come from their technology.

BANNED

I guess a Brood invasion could work especially for a New Mutants movie. I don't really know if I want to see them go the e.t route though

I'd like to see the next movie focus on Sinister and the Marauders, and maybe plant some seeds for the Dark Phoenix Saga redo. So do something akin to the Mutant Massacre, drop some hints about Sinister's fascination with the Summers-Grey DNA combo (alluding to Cable's origin, as he will be showing up over in Deadpool 2; so just a little Easter Egg to connect the dots), and a subplot would be Jean's emerging powers and strange visions that Xavier is having of an extraterrestrial woman (Lilandra) who is trying to warn him of something related to that. So Prof X feels like he's going mad and is very concerned over the level of power Jean is ability to display at times, going so far as to say that she appears to be tapping into an almost cosmic well of unlimited power and that the limits of her powers could be beyond imagination. Something like that.

This film would set up the next few movies, preferably set in the X-men's heyday of the late 80s through early to mid 90s. So from this one you'd go into the Dark Phoenix Saga which would include the modern day Hellfire Club, the Shi'ar and even Sinister and the Marauders still in the background as the X-men hunt them down for their crimes. The next film (Mutant Massacre) would be a great place to introduce Gambit, actually, whether his solo film ever gets off the ground or not; and then the one after that (Dark Phoenix Part I) would see Wolverine show back up, now being played by a new actor (assuming Wolverine 3 is indeed Jackman's final outing as the character). In between Mutant Massacre and Dark Phoenix I, Logan will have been recruited. He and Gambit have some friction, and both rub Cyclops the wrong way. Just like in the good old days. Some of the older X-men already know Logan from DoFP (and possibly Apocalypse, assuming he has a cameo there), like Beast and Prof X. So they trust him even if the rest of the team think he's a bit too dangerous. Storm embraces this, though, and she's the one who actually asks him to lead the hunt for the Marauders. Especially in light of what they did to Nightcrawler, who is left in a coma after Mutant Massacre. I'd also have a Dazzler cameo somewhere, and introduce Rogue at some point in this trilogy.

Apocalypse may also be left in the background somewhere, and we see that there's a connection between he and Sinister (with the latter serving the former). Assuming he doesn't die in XM:A, that is. And there would definitely be a moment where we learn about his own connection to the extraterrestrial Celestials, and the technology that he gleaned from them which is more advanced than even that of the Shi'ar. He wouldn't be a major player in the film, if he shows up at all. But would be referenced by Sinister who is communicating with his master from the shadows.

I think all of that could be strung together into a really cool plot that could span three films which are connected, but self contained and don't end on a massive cliffhanger or anything cheap like that. And after time travel, Sentinels, Apocalypse and Sinister; I don't think the Shi'ar showing up would stretch the imagination all that much. I'd like to see it done in such a way that feels unique, however, and not like Guardians of the Galaxy where everyone speaks English and its all just a tad bit too convenient and familiar. The Shi'ar are avian like, and their forms and mannerisms should reflect that, as should their attire and even their ships.

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by justinslot View Post
    Oh absolutely! But, also, since GotG exists, a Starjammers film is more plausible than it would have been without it.
    ...You know they exist in two different universes, right? GotG's success and existence would just help justify emulation (cash in on a hot thing). But since GotG is under Marvel's movie umbrella, Fox cant even come close to mentioning them. I think the GotG actually prevents a Starjammers film unless they are blantly ripping them off as a spoof.

Quote Originally Posted by Man of Sin View Post
    They are a big part of Apocalyspe's origin, part of his powers come from their technology.
    100% true, but for the comic book version of Apocalypse. If we look at X-Men Evolution (where they got a lot of the inspiration), I don't think they used the Celestials in that either. If they dont, I think it'd be pretty evident that Fox doesnt have the rights to use them (the Celestials). The movie isnt out yet, but I havent heard of them taking that route yet.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

Spectacular Member Emilio Garra's Avatar

Just follow the blueprint of TAS. To this day it's still the most faithful adaption of the X-Men outside the comics and isn't 100% faithful to the source material since people like to say the movies don't have to be exactly like the comics.