Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

Default Film M. Bison (Street Fighter) vs Film Shang Tsung (Mortal Kombat) with a twist

Cause why not? The villains of highly guilty pleasures video game movies of the 90s. Bison played by Raul Julia taking on Shang Tsung played by Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa.

...But not in the purity of unarmed combat, or Mortal Kombat (with a k) in Shang Tsung's case.

Twist? Both men now each own a restaurant, their buildings just across the street. Who will drive the other out of business?

Bison will have Sagat, Zangief, Dee Jay, Vega, and (against his will) Dhalsim as his main staff.

Shang Tsung likewise will have Goro, Kano, Sub-Zero, Scorpion, and Reptile.

Who will be the superior businessman? ...Also in a personal sense in a case of morbid curiosity, which restaurant would you eat in?

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

taco tuesdays will be the end of shang.

BANNED

Okay... does either one of them actually have somebody on the payroll that is proficient at creating food that is good enough that paying customers will put up with the sociopathic staff?

Any of those lunatics have cookery feats?

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Okay... does either one of them actually have somebody on the payroll that is proficient at creating food that is good enough that paying customers will put up with the sociopathic staff?

bison will have gordon ramsey as his chef. that's the price he will ask when he kidnaps their queen.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post

Scorpion is also a chef and hosted his own cooking show

This is from the actual deadly alliance game

Team MK has Scorpion who can slice and bbq your food on spot. Sub Zero will keep cool stuff cool and reptile can be a gross janitor.

Goro can be a a attraction for pictures as he is four armed giant. Kano? Errrr work to make sure things run smooth.

Shang Tsung could wow people with his magic.

Bison. Has Tuesdays. That's his own advantage. His own minions, not as appealing to restaurant crowd or tourists.

BANNED

Well Film M. Bison ( Vega ) would probably have the more exotic restaurant with combo of Thai and Latin goodness all around. Now featuring the bird and tiger special. Do not forget the alternately Bison ( Balrog ) superstar special and.

Mortal Kombat is too much stereotypical Chinese rubbish. I mean any Chinese food store is basically Mortal Kombat in real life. I would pass and go to the Dead Or Alive quickie-mart and watch a show at Beach VolleyBall. Some broke family could order Mortal Kombat food.

Film M. Bison ( Vega ) would win in terms of international dishes. I might even get to see Zangief do his dance thing. Might even join in.
    I mean what are going to get from Mortal Kombat? Shiva's Acid milk toned down for consumer usage or maybe see Garo imitate a tiger.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    taco tuesdays will be the end of shang.
    THIS.

Also, Bison's place will unlikely ever go out of business since it'll just be a front not for money laundering to offshore tax havens, but for illegal arms smuggling, trafficking of human slaves, human genetic engineering and the processing of terrorists.

Whereas only horrendously mangle dbodies will be found out back of Shang Tsung's place from time to time...

Bison also has way better feats for organisation management. Building a private army, erecting advanced headquarters in ancient ruins, gun running, advanced mag-lev boots, mad science to create Blanka, all in the face of the entire world trying to track him down and kill him. Shang didn't face anywhere near that kind of opposition, and had a far simpler job of killing people in Mortal Kombat.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Falcon View Post
    Bison also has way better feats for organisation management. Building a private army, erecting advanced headquarters in ancient ruins, gun running, advanced mag-lev boots, mad science to create Blanka, all in the face of the entire world trying to track him down and kill him. Shang didn't face anywhere near that kind of opposition, and had a far simpler job of killing people in Mortal Kombat.
    Yeah this makes me change my opinion now.

Member in Disguise

Bison wins by way of the Health Department shutting Shang down for having reptiles in the kitchen. ( :
    ...Expecting the Spanish Inquisition.

Mighty Member

Shang Tsung oversaw the taking of 9 other worlds before the start of the movie, I think he knows how to organize. Shang Tsung can also take people's souls and absorb their skill sets, meaning he can go around killing skilled chefs and actually provide great food at his restaurant, something Bison cannot do.

Quote Originally Posted by StupidMoniker View Post
    Shang Tsung oversaw the taking of 9 other worlds before the start of the movie, I think he knows how to organize. Shang Tsung can also take people's souls and absorb their skill sets, meaning he can go around killing skilled chefs and actually provide great food at his restaurant, something Bison cannot do.
    Shang Tsung's soul stealing does not grant him skill stealing as far as I know. Can you point me in the direction of this feat?

And Shang Tsung has conquered through the Mortal Kombat tournament, facilitated by the elder gods. It has not required very much in the way of management, relative to Bison.

Yeah Shang Tsung was doing Out Worlds bidding while following the rules.

Bison. Makes his own damn rules.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Falcon View Post
    Shang Tsung's soul stealing does not grant him skill stealing as far as I know. Can you point me in the direction of this feat?

And Shang Tsung has conquered through the Mortal Kombat tournament, facilitated by the elder gods. It has not required very much in the way of management, relative to Bison.
    I think that organising and hosting a big tournament where the fate of worlds gets decided would indeed take some organisational skills to put together.