Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TooFlyToFail View Post
    I'm pretty much anticipating this.

Hopefully he'd bring his Lazarus art team, too.
    I hope not, that book comes out slow enough as it is.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    Huh. I think you may be the first person I've seen who didn't like that issue. What didn't you like?
    As an Elseworlds tale with nice art it might have worked for me but Killer as a dragonthing reincarnated? The animal hybrid thing Rucka started went on too long for me (postNML/ New Gotham) without going nowhere. Not a fan of Man-Bat either.
    Last edited by batnbreakfast; 04-15-2016 at 04:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by t hedge coke View Post
    Other than a white face and supervillain, how close really were they? She didn't seem very Jokery. Particularly, not Rucka's Joker.
    The sister/brother/father being an archvillain is something I just don't like, if I do its the exception (it might have gotten old for me with StarWars maybe). Sorry for disagreeing but whitefaced/mentally unstable nemesis... that's a Jokeress for a Batwoman. Seems a little formulaic imho. There's bits and pieces inbetween I liked about Batwoman and she started out being great in the 52 weekly.
    Last edited by batnbreakfast; 04-15-2016 at 04:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    As an Elseworlds tale with nice art it might have worked for me but Killer as a dragonthing reincarnated? The animal hybrid thing Rucka started went on too long for me (postNML/ New Gotham) without going nowhere. Not a fan of Man-Bat either.
    That sounds fair. I'm not that familiar with Croc, so if that issue took too many liberties with him, I can understand not liking it.
    I thought it was okay in and of itself, but it was still a weird and kind of unnecessary tangent for them to go on, especially in the middle of an arc. Pretty much filler.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Astonishing Member AlexanderLuthor's Avatar

I love Williams artwork...but have no sympathy with him over this dispute. Too bad, the book had a lot of promise

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Maybe If Didio didn't make the statement that since she's apart of the bat family she isn't allowed to have happiness

I'd be able to let it go

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysalis_Changling View Post
    Maybe If Didio didn't make the statement that since she's apart of the bat family she isn't allowed to have happiness
    Now that's bull! You can be married and still be unhappy I'll go and tell Didio...

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderLuthor View Post
    I love Williams artwork...but have no sympathy with him over this dispute. Too bad, the book had a lot of promise
    Why no sympathy?

For me Rucka was the Batwoman I enjoyed for the most part. I never really got the monster angle with her, honestly.

Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

This does seem another situation where fans seem to be making more of it than the people directly involved. No one sued or left comics or something, they just quit a book they were authoring, because it was being redirected in ways that they didn't want to put their name on or continue to work on.

I admit, I'm more annoyed that Amy Reeder left than Williams and his co-writer, but everyone seemed to leave and go do other things they were hopefully happier with.

It's not the end of the world to quit a book. You don't have to stay on until cancelation or until you're fired.
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

Fingers crossed for seeing Montoya as Question again under Rucka, that'd make me faint!!! Black Magick is recommended: Rucka, Witches, female lead!!!

BANNED

This does seem another situation where fans seem to be making more of it than the people directly involved. No one sued or left comics or something, they just quit a book they were authoring, because it was being redirected in ways that they didn't want to put their name on or continue to work on.

I admit, I'm more annoyed that Amy Reeder left than Williams and his co-writer, but everyone seemed to leave and go do other things they were hopefully happier with.

It's not the end of the world to quit a book. You don't have to stay on until cancelation or until you're fired.
    they left because Dan Didio told them "Kate Kane isn't allowed to be happy she's apart of the bat family and as such must be miserable!"

who the hell wants to continue writing a character who isn't allowed to be happy at all?

CBR got me like.. Maxpower00044's Avatar

I actually liked Rucka's work with her much more than the artist's. And, as far as the co-writing/drawing run, I actually liked it more once we had a new team on, and thought the first alternate artist was a superior artist.

Which isn't to say he's not talented or the book didn't have fans. I'm just saying, for me.
    No one is superior to JHWIII. To me, at least.

I actually liked Rucka's work with her much more than the artist's.
    ^ This.

The writing is far more important than the art for me. I'm very open to different artistic approaches.

I'd love to see Rucka write Batwoman again with just about anybody.
    Blah! Blah! Blah! Blah! Blah!

Generic condescending passive aggressive elitist statement.

BANNED

The Williams III issues just looked like Eerie Paintings

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

BATWOMAN: ELEGY is one of my favorite comic books. Everything else was "okay". I loved WORLD'S FINEST, but a lot of Williams III's later run wasn't my jam. I love his art but the DEO stuff and the Batman fight was all just forced. I also didn't really care if Kate got married or not.

I'd love to see Rucka come back! Holy cow, yes yes yes!