Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Astonishing Member

I am indeed! I wrote for STARLIGHT. There are a lot of great stories and artists involved, though. I don't think you'll be wasting your money.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Deniz Camp View Post
    I am indeed! I wrote for STARLIGHT. There are a lot of great stories and artists involved, though. I don't think you'll be wasting your money.
    Can't wait to read it, brother! By far my favorite Millar property as well, so fun fun all around!

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Deniz Camp View Post
    Hope you'll check out the Millarworld Annual! Think you'll dig it!
    Yup. It looks like fun.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Can't wait to read it, brother! By far my favorite Millar property as well, so fun fun all around!
    Thanks, sir! Looking forward to hearing your thoughts.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan Preskovsky View Post
    Yup. It looks like fun.
    I certainly had a lot of fun writing it, trying to fit as much story as possible into those 5 pages!

And I've seen some of the art for the other stories and it is phenomenal, too. On art alone, it will be worth it.

Mutant Bat on Speed Force Fuzzy Barbarian's Avatar

Definitely:
    HORIZON #1 - Sounds interesting, and hopefully doesn't do the "but humans are special" thing I've seen so many things do. I hope it's not afraid to portray a lot of humans as just outright assholes. Just read Superman and the Legion of Super-Heroes and IT wasn't afraid of making lots of humans assholes, if mislead ones.

Maybe:
    SNOTGIRL #1 - Art is nice and apparently Scott Pilgrim was great, but the premise is just so... done. I mean, are we not over deconstructing social media yet? This sounds really, really predictable.
    THE HUNT #1 - Not keen on horror, but with comics, not much is actually scary (sound is a big factor in things that scare me). But I like to support non-English mythology, so why not?
    MECHANISM #1 - Either it's a nice robot story a la Alex + Ada and Descender (though probs less epic than that), or another generic "humans are special" story. Sounds like it might just be a war story comic in sci-fi dress-up though. We'll see, I guess.
    SHE WOLF #2 - If the first issue is good.
    CRY HAVOC, VOL. 1: MYTHING IN ACTION TP - Need to try this series at some point. Thought the preview pages were decent...
    MIRROR: THE MOUNTAIN TP - Apparently this is good? Have no idea...

Continuing:
    OUTCAST BY KIRKMAN & AZACETA #19
    DESCENDER #13 - I swear, on the covers, Telsa's hair is ON POINT. Can we, like, get her a makeover in the comic itself?
    Favourite characters: Wally West, Dick Grayson, Cassandra Cain, Cyclops, Jay Garrick, Jamie Madrox, Stargirl, Bucky Barnes, Magik, Jon Kent, Kate Bishop, Booster Gold

Regular pulls:
    Adventureman, Cable, Fire Power, Green Lantern, Hellions, New Mutants, Thor, Vampire: The Masquerade, Venom, X-Factor, X-Men

Trade-waiting: Animosity, Black Panther, Captain America, Catwoman, Conan, Daredevil, DCeased, Detective Comics, Hawkman, Immortal Hulk, Redneck, Saga, Skyward, Snotgirl, X-Force

Getting...

Birthright #17
    Black Science #22
    Black Road #4
    Descender #13
    Drifter #13
    East of West #28
    Faster Than Light #8
    Horizon #1 (Will try this one out)
    The Hunt #1 (Will try this too)
    Lazarus #23
    Manifest Destiny #21
    Mechanism #1 (I'm intrigued by this one. I hope it's good.)
    Outcast #19
    Postal #13
    Tokyo Ghost #9

On break/hiatus...

Autumnlands
    Black Magick (This is on break a little longer than I thought it would be. 5 months now. I know the artist is working on a Wonder Woman project so I hope this doesn't interfere too much.)
    Copperhead (The artist posted on his Twitter account that he's begun working on the new arc. Hopefully by the end of the year we'll have it.)
    Dying and the Dead (Ahhhhhhh! Is Ryan Bodenheim ever finishing this?!)
    Five Ghosts (The writer keeps saying they have something to say sometime this year on a return. When?!)
    Goddamned (Delays on the first arc are really unprofessional. Issues 4 and 5 are still not out. Jason Aaron really should have waited until everything was done before soliciting this. This one really upsets me.)
    Injection
    Invisible Republic (The delays on the current arc are killing the momentum of this book. They have one more issue to get out currently slotted for May 18. This is a book that needs the sales. It really sucks.)
    Low
    Monstress
    Snowfall
    Southern Cross (I know work is being done on the second arc, but the wait is killing me.)
    The Tithe
    Trees (Wow, Jason Howard is really struggling to get the last issue out on the current arc. 5 months between issues and it's bumped every week. Issue #13 came out in December and issue #14 currently is listed at May 18.)
    Velvet (Looks like #14 will be out April 27! Here's to hoping issue #15 keeps it's May 25 date!)
    Wayward
    Wytches (At this point I've given up. They're not doing a second arc. I don't care anymore. It'll be more than a year in July since issue #6 came out.)

The Beauty #9
    The Discipline #5
    Drifter #13
    East of West #28
    Lazarus #23
    Nailbiter #23
    Postal #13
    Renato Jones: The One % #3
    Spawn Kills Everyone
    Spread #14
    Symmetry #6
    The Walking Dead #156

Both the Hunt and Horizon look interesting ..... I'll have to check them out.

Quote Originally Posted by Mjolnir View Post
    Black Magick (This is on break a little longer than I thought it would be. 5 months now. I know the artist is working on a Wonder Woman project so I hope this doesn't interfere too much.)
    Rucka shared on his Tumblr that it was a decision he and Scott agonized over, but ultimately decided that telling the WW Year One story was "a once in a lifetime opportunity". That though means Black Magick will be on hiatus until April 2017.

Goddamned (Delays on the first arc are really unprofessional. Issues 4 and 5 are still not out. Jason Aaron really should have waited until everything was done before soliciting this. This one really upsets me.)
    Delays seem common with his creator owned. Not sure if thats on Aaron for having too much on his plate, the artist, or a combination. With arc 2 I'll be trade waiting.

Invisible Republic (The delays on the current arc are killing the momentum of this book. They have one more issue to get out currently slotted for May 18. This is a book that needs the sales. It really sucks.)
    Love this book but I fear the delays will further impact sales.

Velvet (Looks like #14 will be out April 27! Here's to hoping issue #15 keeps it's May 25 date!)
    I'm wondering if #15 will serve as the finale. Brubacker has been mum on the topic. I completely support what Image is doing via its policy of having 4+ issues complete before soliciting, but I'd think it'll kill a few current series and prevent some new series. What I mean by that is I just don't see how Epting can get an arc in the can (eg work for 1+ years, at his publishing pace, on his own dime before seeing revenue from sales). If it does continue then I'll trade wait any future arcs.

Wytches (At this point I've given up. They're not doing a second arc. I don't care anymore. It'll be more than a year in July since issue #6 came out.)
    I wonder the same. It seems Snyder is more busy than ever. He did the weekly series thing for awhile, is now doing his writers school, and is on his All Star Batman journey. Jock meanwhile has been doing his thing, keeping busy all over with 'guest' issues, video games, movie storyboards, covers, etc.
    Last edited by comicfiend; 04-21-2016 at 12:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by comicfiend View Post
    Rucka shared on his Tumblr that it was a decision he and Scott agonized over, but ultimately decided that telling the WW Year One story was "a once in a lifetime opportunity". That though means Black Magick will be on hiatus until April 2017.

Delays seem common with his creator owned. Not sure if thats on Aaron for having too much on his plate, the artist, or a combination. With arc 2 I'll be trade waiting.

Love this book but I fear the delays will further impact sales.

I'm wondering if #15 will serve as the finale. Brubacker has been mum on the topic. I completely support what Image is doing via its policy of having 4+ issues complete before soliciting, but I'd think it'll kill a few current series and prevent some new series. What I mean by that is I just don't see how Epting can get an arc in the can (eg work for 1+ years, at his publishing pace, on his own dime before seeing revenue from sales). If it does continue then I'll trade wait any future arcs.

I wonder the same. It seems Snyder is more busy than ever. He did the weekly series thing for awhile, is now doing his writers school, and is on his All Star Batman journey. Jock meanwhile has been doing his thing, keeping busy all over with 'guest' issues, video games, movie storyboards, covers, etc.
    This whole update basically sums up why I only trade-wait now. Hell, I may even move towards waiting until 2 or 3 trades are available for some series.
    Epic things: "TOPANGA" (GHA), Jaxson & Zefferson (PRO), Lucas (SHEL)

Quote Originally Posted by comicfiend View Post
    That's very disappointing, and good reason to cancel my pre-order of the TPB. I can respect their reasons, but that doesn't mean I have to support the book.

All-New Member

Snotgirl #1
    The Beauty #9
    Paper Girls #7
    The Wicked + The Divine #21

MAYBE:
    Horizon #1
    The Hunt #1
    Mechanism #1
    The Fix #4
    She Wolf #1
    New to blogging. Can't quite wrap my head around themes, etc. So for now I'm just going to focus on the content, although I would like my site to look less basic than it already does. Maybe someday.

currentcomicsandmore.tumblr.com

Check it out!

Incredible Member cheesebiggins's Avatar

Snotgirl #1
    Paper Girls #7
    The Wicked + The Divine #21

Still reading Saga trades as well.