Default PREVIEW: Robin: Son of Batman #11

Issue #11 seems to have a family reunion that should be interesting. Seems like Mommy and Daddy come face to face for the first time the climax of Batman Inc.

Man I feel really shortchanged with this book. What Gleason was doing with Damian was some of the best Damian we have gotten. I really wanted more and am pretty bummed were not gonna get it. And It doesn't help that I'm hearing mostly bad thing about Percy.

The preview is not bad, but it's just not the same. Liked Talia going psycho about Damian though. It's messed up, yet aww.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 04-14-2016 at 09:55 PM.

Also very depressed over Gleason leaving. He was going in the same direction Tomasi was, and he really created Damian as a character. I hope the family reunion doesn't disappoint.

I'll join everyone saying that I'm sad that Gleason isn't going to finish this, but on the other hand I think that Fawkes is doing an okay job.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    I'll join everyone saying that I'm sad that Gleason isn't going to finish this, but on the other hand I think that Fawkes is doing an okay job.
    I liked Fawkes' Gotham by Midnight, hope he does well. Did Gleason leave because of editorial intervention?

CBR got me like.. Maxpower00044's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    I liked Fawkes' Gotham by Midnight, hope he does well. Did Gleason leave because of editorial intervention?
    No, he left because he's drawing 'Superman' now for 'Rebirth'.

It is a shame that Gleason had to exit early since his Damian is spot on and the best version since Morrison's. Fawkes and Bachs have been doing a good job filling in, but Gleason stole the show.

I'm calling it now the Percy's Damian will be one of the worst. He didn't understand Dick in those issues of 'Tec, he didn't understand Green Arrow, and I definitely don't expect him to understand Damian Wayne.

Not 100% but I think that Gleason also had some health issues so had to leave SOB early.