View Poll Results: Should Spidey rejoin the Avengers?

Voters
48. You may not vote on this poll
  • God no,let him be solo

17 35.42%
  • yes,full time Avenger

9 18.75%
  • part time Avenger

14 29.17%
  • just let him have some time by himself

8 16.67%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    The Pine Barrens NJ in Summer & Winter & Salem Mass. in Spring & Autumn

Default Pete going back to the Avengers

I was just wondering if Spidey was going back to the Avengers or better yet, should he rejoin the Avengers?

BANNED

Peter being an Avenger has never sat well with me. I grew up with him acting on his own, or in a time where Marvel Team-Up paired him with different people every month. Shift back to that please.

Trying to recall, was he officially kicked out? Even if so, ASM #1 shows them recognizing that Peter is back, so it needn't stick.

Magick is Everywhere

I think he's going to have enough on his plate to deal with stemming from Otto's time as Spidey.

Spectacular Member SilverSpider's Avatar

Does part time avenger mean he'll be called upon only in major crisises. Cause honestly that's what I'd like.
    In avengers Spidey's role is mostly comic relief, that's why I'd prefer him out, only it's in his advantage to have a way of communicating with other heroes.
    It wouldn't make sense in terms with Peters character since he always helps wherever he can.

But being full time doesn't appeal to me, being a reserve makes the teamups of Spidey feel more fresh and interesting if he's a reserve.
    That doesn't mean ha can't have moments of greatness. He did beat Firelord once.
    Not to mention now that he has a company to run that's going to take away even more free time from him.
    Creativity is awesome.

It's a cruel world, that doesn't care for you. Which is why remember to always smile.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

I'd prefer it personally speaking if he was a part-time member helping out when needed or whatever, especially since they don't seem to use him in any of the Avengers titles anyways.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by vitruvian View Post
    Trying to recall, was he officially kicked out? Even if so, ASM #1 shows them recognizing that Peter is back, so it needn't stick.
    He wasn't kicked out of the Avengers, just removed from the active roster. So, She-Hulk isn't in Avengers, that doesn't mean she isn't an Avenger. Same deal.

BANNED

Whoops, wrong thread..

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

Part-Time, he's better off not being Full-Time. Don't ant him to be the Wolverine or Storm of things and being in 50 books at the same time.

Like, I was proud when I found out Pete was an Avenger. However, I feel he should be more of a reserve member. Willing to help out, but ultimately Spidey is a solo act. Unless he an his clones creation there own avengers. I would totally read that.

I could come at Spidey doing the Avengers thing again if Ben Reilly was filling in for his solo events and Peter got the FF white suit on while on whatever missions. Still prefer his to be solo though.

formerly 'saucemaster' saucemaster's Avatar

I hope he stays out for good. I always preferred him as a loner and a bit of an outcast. When he is with the Avengers, he just stands around waiting to be upstaged by Luke Cage or Hawkeye.

A team-up used to be something cool, but now that everyone knows each other's identity and are friends, it isn't as special. I like Peter on his own, maybe with a couple of solid friends like Daredevil.

I'm fine with him being a reserve member, because that's basically what he was before Bendis got hold of the Avengers. But the only team that Peter makes sense on as a full time member is the Fantasitc Four, and now that Johnny is back, they don't even need him anymore.

One of the appeals of Peter was always the fact we could relate to him, obviously. Part of that was Peter sometimes not feeling accepted to the group. The same carried true in his Spider-Man identity. It always felt odd to have Spider-Man a part of the Avengers.

I hope that makes sense and I'd like to see Spider-Man stay off the Avengers for the foreseeable future.

Fantastic Member

I like Peter as an Avenger. It just seems to make sense.