View Poll Results: Should Spidey rejoin the Avengers?

Voters
48. You may not vote on this poll
  • God no,let him be solo

17 35.42%
  • yes,full time Avenger

9 18.75%
  • part time Avenger

14 29.17%
  • just let him have some time by himself

8 16.67%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    formerly 'saucemaster' saucemaster's Avatar

I hope he stays out for good. I always preferred him as a loner and a bit of an outcast. When he is with the Avengers, he just stands around waiting to be upstaged by Luke Cage or Hawkeye.

A team-up used to be something cool, but now that everyone knows each other's identity and are friends, it isn't as special. I like Peter on his own, maybe with a couple of solid friends like Daredevil.

I'm fine with him being a reserve member, because that's basically what he was before Bendis got hold of the Avengers. But the only team that Peter makes sense on as a full time member is the Fantasitc Four, and now that Johnny is back, they don't even need him anymore.

Star-Lord, Peter's first appearance had him as a Loner and outcast he's pretty much led his life on the fringes of things without ever wholly committing to anything. (Well apart from a marriage that technically apparently never happened, but other than that.....)
    Last edited by Spider-Brit; 05-02-2014 at 04:29 AM.

Spider has always been considered has the "best among us" by other heroes, because of his qualities as an individual, his dedication to do the right thing, his iconic status, etc...
    He's too high-profile to be benched indefinitely, and morally speaking, he's the kind of character the Avengers will always need.
    I voted for a full-time membership, but reastically, with his new responsibilities of CEO and in his life, it's gonna be really hard for him to keep-up - even if Stark gives him some tips to just do that.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"No justice, no peace."

part time works well

I rocked the vote...
    for Part Time.

It seems like a good in between place for him as far as Avengership goes.
    "A gentleman will not insult me, and no man not a gentleman can insult me."-Frederick Douglass

Quote Originally Posted by red winter View Post
    I was just wondering if Spidey was going back to the Avengers or better yet, should he rejoin the Avengers?
    I think so. He would fit better as a part timer, he has a lot of stuff on his plate, plus he has a ton of damage control after the SpOck incident. (Haven't read but a few random issues but I'll get to SSM soon enough).

So I'd say let him have some time by himself for a few months if not more.

Spectacular Member

The problem with Peter being a loner is that it's been overplayed. When he became an Avenger a few years ago, I felt it's about time since it was way overdue. However as much as he trying to sort out the mess Otto left for him, he also has to repair the damage as well. Right now the Avengers are aware that this is the real Spider-Man mostly because of his antics.

BANNED

I think he should. He's way better than most of them.

No, no, no, a thousand times NO. Peter never should have been an Avenger and, honestly, if you look over all the dozens of issues of Avengers and New Avengers where he was an Avenger, his contributions to the stories are astoundingly minute. He has little to no input apart from cracking a few jokes and why it should it be any different? I love Spidey, he's my favorite hero, but next to Thor and Iron Man? Nah. He just doesn't belong and the chemistry is off; it's fun and can work for a quick team-up but not on a sustained basis.

How is this Spidey fault though ?
    If anything, it's more a matter of the writers being unable to handle him.
    I'd love to see Ewing handling him in a team of Avengers, he'd do a great job imo.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"No justice, no peace."

One of the appeals of Peter was always the fact we could relate to him, obviously. Part of that was Peter sometimes not feeling accepted to the group. The same carried true in his Spider-Man identity. It always felt odd to have Spider-Man a part of the Avengers.

I hope that makes sense and I'd like to see Spider-Man stay off the Avengers for the foreseeable future.

Fantastic Member

I like Peter as an Avenger. It just seems to make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris S. View Post
    One of the appeals of Peter was always the fact we could relate to him, obviously. Part of that was Peter sometimes not feeling accepted to the group. The same carried true in his Spider-Man identity. It always felt odd to have Spider-Man a part of the Avengers.

I hope that makes sense and I'd like to see Spider-Man stay off the Avengers for the foreseeable future.
    It does. Everyone feels like they're isolated and unaccepted at some point. Everyone at some point always feels like they have the 'Parker Luck'. To be fair, to me, the Parker Luck was always at it's best, imo, when it was Spider-Man having to deal with the mundane issues that other Superheroes took for granted. Spider-Man is, to me, at it's best when it juxtaposes the high fantasy of superheroes with the reality of every day life.

Also, Jameson should get his own new social media empire. Naturally devoted to being anti Spider-Man, of course. I mean, we live in a world where everyone is on camera constantly out doors. Spidey's operations should be getting caught on video constantly. Where as the Superior Spider-Man watched the city, the city ought to watch the Amazing Spider-man very closely. For their own protection, you know. Jameson paying /everyone/ for their Spider-man videos would be a nice inversion of the trope of Peter Parker's photographer career. #SpideyWhiteys.
    Last edited by Tendrin; 05-02-2014 at 09:36 PM.

I say keep him as a Part time Avenger that way he can still do his own solo stuff.