Default preferred setting for GTA 6?

Some reports came out last month saying at one point rockstar considered a tokyo or bogota setting but it got scrapped, and they have since said they'd ideally like to keep it set in america.

my top picks:

-HD universe return to Vice City

-Las Venturas (gta version of vegas)

-Tokyo. obviously unlikely but it'd be cool still

Which location would you want them to work their magic on?

Incredible Member Master Planner's Avatar

Liberty City,Prohibition era.I would love to see a GTA game based from that era.
    " I am Loki Scar-Lip, Loki Skywalker, Loki Giant's Child, Loki Lie-Smith. I am Loki, who is fire and wit and hate. I am Loki. And I will be under an obligation to no one."

Previously known as Nefarius

Fantastic Member

Preferably Las Venturas. If not that, a city based on Chicago would be nice.

I just don't know about heading back to Vice City though. As it would likely take place in modern times. The reason why GTA Vice City worked so well was that it was the 80s and the peak of cocaine running cartels was where most of the city's excitement happened. And if you get away from all that, well, it's really not that much different from Los Santos TBH. Both cities fill the beautiful coastal paradise with immense economic disparity niche well.

Probably the only interesting way to revisit Vice City would be during the same period as the original game, but then it'll probably get rather tedious because it's all just retreading a classic. It's not like Liberty City where its HD location was immensely more faithful to the source location, changing up the feel entirely. And Los Santos, where there's just so much going on that the coin can have multiple flips.

GTA Tokyo...throw in some Yakuza

BANNED

Mexico.

That would be an interesting game.

BANNED

I would make GTA take place during any national tragedy from any point of the globe.

I am still trying to find the isometric version of GTA for the PSX featuring a slanted highway and not over view I keep forgetting the name of that game. It was like GTA but featured so many levels and so many people to run over.

Quote Originally Posted by KCJ506 View Post
    I just don't know about heading back to Vice City though. As it would likely take place in modern times. The reason why GTA Vice City worked so well was that it was the 80s and the peak of cocaine running cartels was where most of the city's excitement happened.
    yeah true + it wouldnt have the miami vice/scarface angle either

I don't know, I think a modern take on VC could have potential. How about an expanded map with the inclusion of the Everglades? Maybe the protagonist could be a member of the Vice Squad, just a couple of ideas.

If we're talking outside the US then I'd like to see:

London
    Dubai
    Tokyo

BANNED

A Midwest, South/Southwest, and Mexico setting. You get an area that basically Chicago, one that's some foused Texas, Oklahoma, New Mexico, Arizona location, and then you get Mexico. New some Chicage gangsters, weird southern crime lords, and Mexican cartel up in this bitch. It would let them use the main areas where things like drugs and human trafficking flow.

If not that, it would be nice to be able to get on a plane on Library City, and then fly to other major cities around the world. Would be cool to have a GTA where you're trying to take over all the major crime syndicates in the world.