Page 123 of 156 FirstFirst ... 2373113119120121122123124125126127133 ... LastLast
Results 1,831 to 1,845 of 2330
    Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

spoilers:
    I very much hope that Hope is dead
    end of spoilers.

Pun intended.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    spoilers:
    It was rumored it will be undone by time travel by the end but Vanessa is MIA from almost all of the film due to it though.
    end of spoilers

But I still take it all with a huge grain of salt and hope for the best Deadpool was one of my favorite films of 2016.
    spoilers:
    I guess it would explain why we haven't seen that much of her in promotion.
    end of spoilers

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    According to Marvel. DP himself was comedic but the team and book was still very dark and serious. He was the lighter part of an overall dark toned ensemble
    'Comedic' and 'very dark' (including being emotionally heavy) often go hand in hand, something you will often see if you've read Deadpool comics, including Uncanny X-force.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    spoilers:
    It was rumored it will be undone by time travel by the end but Vanessa is MIA from almost all of the film due to it though.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I wouldn't be surprised if the trailer's "Where've you been?/Gluten joke"-scene between DP and Vanessa takes place at the very end of the film after he's saved her via time travel and she's oblivious to what happened to her.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Atomic Mongoose View Post
    spoilers:
    I wouldn't be surprised if the trailer's "Where've you been?/Gluten joke"-scene between DP and Vanessa takes place at the very end of the film after he's saved her via time travel and she's oblivious to what happened to her.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Not a fan of Vanessa being MIA for most of the film because I really enjoyed her in Deadpool but it would be a good way for him to relate to Cable if both are dealing with loss.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    I can't see them killing off all these minorities and fridging Vanessa.

It has to be something else going on. If they don't kill everyone then this could be bigger than X-MEN.
    How much do you actually know about the details of X-Force being cancelled after "Counter-X" and X-Statix coming out of that cancellation?

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

That's what I've been hoping for with Quicksilver & Mystique in X-MEN.

Idky anyone would want this guy replaced he's the best fighter in the fox universe. They finally hired someone who can actually fight

This is true. I am kind of a hypocrite for bashing this version of X-Force when I am fine with the FOX X-Men having Mystique and Quicksilver but not Rogue or Kitty etc. True. The only thing I can say is Mystique and Quicksilver are still closer to being on the X-Men than these characters are to making up X-Force.

And yeah I'm glad he is a good fighter, we could use better fight scenes. The best comic book fighting I've seen in a while is probably Captain America: Winter Soldier.
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    How much do you actually know about the details of X-Force being cancelled after "Counter-X" and X-Statix coming out of that cancellation?

Nothing that happens in any X-MEN comic has any affect on anything in a FOX movie
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

Nothing that happens in any X-MEN comic has any affect on anything in a FOX movie
    I wouldn't be so sure about that...

spoilers:
    A lot of what they are doing feels like it will potentially be a very heavy nod to X-Force being cancelled and relaunched as X-Statix following X-Force being a part of "Counter-X". Lots of folks have mentioned that as Wade is going through the pictures in the trailer, there is a picture that is likely Pete Wisdom.

In the "Counter-X" version of X-Force, we pick back with team that is being trained by Pete. His murdered in on of their early missions. Bedlam is part of that team, and they seemingly die in a explosion. After that takes place, there is a proto-X-Statix lineup of X-Force that Zeitgeist was the leader of. He is murdered when almost the entire team is wiped out right before the book is relaunched as X-Statix.

To me, this points to one of two possibilities.

- One: They picked out a bunch of characters who died as members of X-Force specifically to kill them off in the film.

- Two: This is one heck of a coincidence.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post

- One: They picked out a bunch of characters who died as members of X-Force specifically to kill them off in the film.

- Two: This is one heck of a coincidence.
    Or

- Three they can continue doing whatever they want like they've done since 2000
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

This trailer really makes me want to see a return of X-Force with Cable, Deadpool, Domino, Shatterstar, Bedlam and some others. I feel like they could dust Bedlam off and make him a fan favorite now with Terry Crews playing him.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    . I feel like they could dust Bedlam off and make him a fan favorite now with Terry Crews playing him.

He's the second most talked about in the trailer after Deadpool. It was a good casting choice.

Agreed. And he’s still basically untapped in the comics. They could dust him off, put him in a team book and make him a pretty popular African-American mutant character IMO. He doesn’t have all the baggage of Bishop, who being a fellow time traveler is kind of hard to throw into a team with Cable because then you have two such characters from different futures. It’s just a lot.

His power can be used in cool ways too, with his bio-EM field able to not only disable technology but also to mess with people’s neural pathways, giving him a huge edge in a fight. Give him the ability to “charge up” somehow prior to discharging his EM field too, and allow him to hold the charge and get bigger, stronger and more durable for a period of time (granting him some physical ability, and allows pumping him up appearance wise like Crews when he does it) and he could actually act as the team’s brick too.

Just thinking out loud here. But he’s got a lot of potential they could capitalize on in the comics.

Well, a good bit of that potential has been tapped. Just not in a book anyone was really reading.