Page 37 of 156 FirstFirst ... 273334353637383940414787137 ... LastLast
Results 541 to 555 of 2330
  1. #541
    Post Editing OCD Confuzzled's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Swingin' Above Ya
    Posts
    9,397

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Raptor View Post
    I imagine the GOT head honchos would be reluctant to have Jaime suddenly appear much larger built in the final season, to be honest.
    That's assuming Jaime makes it to the final season

    NCW does seem like a more interesting choice than Shannon though (who just has the air of a magnificent villain about him, even before Zod). Him with grey hair in that concept art is also giving me major Christopher Walken vibes, which is a big no-no for Cable.

  2. #542
    X-Force Member SomeCBFanboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    833

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    That's assuming Jaime makes it to the final season

    NCW does seem like a more interesting choice than Shannon though (who just has the air of a magnificent villain about him, even before Zod). Him with grey hair in that concept art is also giving me major Christopher Walken vibes, which is a big no-no for Cable.
    I chose him because I think it's interesting that in every X-Men movie Fox makes now, they seem to cast GoT actors in some major role! Why would they stop the trend now? DOFP, Deadpool, XMA, Logan and New Mutants all have at least one GoT actor/actress!

  3. #543
    Extraordinary Member The Shape's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,725

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    That's assuming Jaime makes it to the final season

    NCW does seem like a more interesting choice than Shannon though (who just has the air of a magnificent villain about him, even before Zod). Him with grey hair in that concept art is also giving me major Christopher Walken vibes, which is a big no-no for Cable.
    Holy shit, he does look like Christopher Walken!

  4. #544
    Wily Veteran cc008's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    12,751

    Default

    Brad Pitt officially NOT Cable. But the interest was REAL: http://comicbook.com/marvel/2017/03/...le-deadpool-2/

    And Leitch on Michael Shannon:

    "You know, I think, Michael Shannon, that name speaks for itself, he’s an incredible actor and he can accomplish anything. Yeah, I’m passionate about him as an actor and, look, he would make an incredible Cable. If that happens, I would be through the roof that I get to work with another incredible actor. I can’t say that it’s going to happen, because we’re looking – the list is what the list is. But, yeah, I have nothing but great things to say about him and I’m a huge, huge fan."
    Last edited by cc008; 03-30-2017 at 05:27 AM.
    On your left, 'till the end of the line.
    Maximum effort.

  5. #545
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Fairport NY
    Posts
    172

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Brad Pitt officially NOT Cable. But the interest was REAL: http://comicbook.com/marvel/2017/03/...le-deadpool-2/

    And Leitch on Michael Shannon:
    Interesting read. I think Brad Pitt would have been great.

  6. #546
    Grizzled Veteran Jackraow21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,914

    Default

    I'd go with Harbour over Shannon personally. The latter is just weird looking and doesn't look like Cable to me.

  7. #547
    Extraordinary Member The Shape's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,725

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Brad Pitt officially NOT Cable. But the interest was REAL: http://comicbook.com/marvel/2017/03/...le-deadpool-2/

    And Leitch on Michael Shannon:
    Shame. I think him and James Marsden look like they could be related.

  8. #548
    Veteran Member Killercroc357's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,263

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jlgarsh View Post
    Interesting read. I think Brad Pitt would have been great.
    Have to agree. He has such range, and the movies he has taken on over the years have gotten better.

  9. #549
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Fairport NY
    Posts
    172

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Killercroc357 View Post
    Have to agree. He has such range, and the movies he has taken on over the years have gotten better.
    The concept art was fantastic too

  10. #550
    Post Editing OCD Confuzzled's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Swingin' Above Ya
    Posts
    9,397

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SomeCBFanboy View Post
    I chose him because I think it's interesting that in every X-Men movie Fox makes now, they seem to cast GoT actors in some major role! Why would they stop the trend now? DOFP, Deadpool, XMA, Logan and New Mutants all have at least one GoT actor/actress!
    Who was the GoT actor in Logan?

  11. #551
    X-Force Member SomeCBFanboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    833

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Who was the GoT actor in Logan?
    Richard E. Grant

  12. #552
    Post Editing OCD Confuzzled's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Swingin' Above Ya
    Posts
    9,397

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SomeCBFanboy View Post
    Richard E. Grant
    *promptly Googles to see which character he played on GoT*

    ROFLMAO

  13. #553
    Wily Veteran cc008's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    12,751

    Default

    Because of all the casting speculation, everyone seems to have forgotten those characters will actually be doing stuff in the movie, lol:

    https://www.comicbookmovie.com/deadp...sequel-a150064

    “There's more action in this film. I hope we can expand it and make it interesting in an 87Eleven kinda way,” Leitch said.

    Leitch did clarify, however, that he wants the tone of the first film to carry over to the sequel. “The completely irreverent tone was the thing that won me over about the first Deadpool movie,” he enthuses. “I want to deliver on what they did and at the same time hopefully expand the universe.”
    On your left, 'till the end of the line.
    Maximum effort.

  14. #554
    Veteran Member Killercroc357's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,263

    Default

    I read that earlier today. It really gives me comfort and hope they definitely found the right director to move this forward. He sounds like a fan of the first film.

  15. #555
    Ultimate Member Ambaryerno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Posts
    12,162

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Killercroc357 View Post
    I read that earlier today. It really gives me comfort and hope they definitely found the right director to move this forward. He sounds like a fan of the first film.
    The key is they need to build on it, not just do more of the same. That's the trap the MCU has fallen into, and why Deadpool and Logan were both such big breaths of fresh air.
    Still hoping for that Helix Reunion...

    The New X-Men: Can't let you grow up because you make everyone look old. But we can sure as @#$% mindlessly kill you off for shock value!


    Pull List
    X-23 Domino

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •