Page 1 of 156 123451151101 ... LastLast

Default Deadpool 2 Movie Speculation and Discussion

Hot off the heels of the mega successful Deadpool, what we all knew was going to happen officially happened, with Fox greenlighting 'Deadpool 2.'

http://variety.com/2016/film/news/de...ds-1201753693/

Ryan Reynolds and Tim Miller are both set to return and Rhett Reese and Paul Wernick will again pen the script. Where do they take Wade from here? What characters show up in Deadpool 2? Is it really called Deadpool 2 or could it be called 'Deadpool and Cable'?

Let all the speculation begin.
    Last edited by cc008; 04-15-2016 at 05:46 AM.

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

I'd prefer Cable & Deadpool

BANNED

I'm just wondering how they HANDLE Cable, considering his backstory is just a tad convoluted.

Seriously, I just had a friend who doesn't follow the comics ask me about him and even the CLIFFS NOTES took several pages on a TXT.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    I'd prefer Cable & Deadpool
    It flows better that way. But Deadpool is the established talent at this point. So I expect his name first and Cable second. Deadpool & Cable. Might even get a good DC joke out of that.

Cable Origin will need to be streamlined. That is for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by JediKage View Post
    It flows better that way. But Deadpool is the established talent at this point. So I expect his name first and Cable second. Deadpool & Cable. Might even get a good DC joke out of that.

Cable Origin will need to be streamlined. That is for sure.
    I agree, Cable & Deadpool flows much better. I only put it the other way around because it's the Deadpool sequel. Similar to "Ant-Man and Wasp"

Please bring in Saoirse Ronan as Domino!
    Emma Frost, Rogue, Felicia Hardy, Helena Bertinelli, Allison Blaire, Barbara Gordon, Monica Rambeau, Carol Danvers, Illyana Rasputin, Ororo Munroe, Harleen Quinzel, Lorna Dane, Irene Adler, Kate Kane, Rachel Grey Summers, Jean Grey, Diana Prince, Barbara Ann Minerva, Donna Troy, Jennifer Walters, Gwen Stacy, Wanda Maximoff = PERFECTION!

Fantastic Member SchismOfMadroces's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    I'm just wondering how they HANDLE Cable, considering his backstory is just a tad convoluted.

Seriously, I just had a friend who doesn't follow the comics ask me about him and even the CLIFFS NOTES took several pages on a TXT.
    Honestly, I'd just leave it as "cyborg mercenary from the future" (and even then maybe even cut 'from the future out of that') with a few lines or allusions to the more convoluted interconnections the character has. Superfans will be happy that the groundwork is there and can be explored in any future films, and people who are seeing Cable for the first time won't be too distracted by having all of his weighty backstory put on them all at once.

BANNED

I think from the future is fine. We already got introduced to that in DOFP

Quote Originally Posted by SchismOfMadroces View Post
    Honestly, I'd just leave it as "cyborg mercenary from the future" (and even then maybe even cut 'from the future out of that') with a few lines or allusions to the more convoluted interconnections the character has. Superfans will be happy that the groundwork is there and can be explored in any future films, and people who are seeing Cable for the first time won't be too distracted by having all of his weighty backstory put on them all at once.
    So just have Wade explain that he's John Connor and the Terminator all in one convenient package?

I want the following: Cable, Domino, Stryfe or Sinister, The Marauders, Siryn, Cyborg Ajax.
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Fantastic Member SchismOfMadroces's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    So just have Wade explain that he's John Connor and the Terminator all in one convenient package?
    Perfect!
    <10

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    LMAO you should really tweet this to Reynolds and the writers.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    LMAO you should really tweet this to Reynolds and the writers.
    Might do. Though I'm pretty sure I can't come up with enough "package" jokes to really make it fitting.

I could easily see it that Deadpool is somewhere killing people for reasons... all of a sudden Cable appears and starts annihilating people and deadpool just goes "who the F are you" and cable just simply says "I am from the future, I need you" and que murder adventure.

I doubt we are getting much other than teases on his back story.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Do you think they could bring an adaption of The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly story to the big screen? Of course they can't use Captain America. Replace Cap with Cable?