Page 102 of 156 FirstFirst ... 252929899100101102103104105106112152 ... LastLast
Results 1,516 to 1,530 of 2330

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    I was thinking this but didn't have the motivation to post it, thanks

But I mean, people just want to believe he is good because they are rooting for him in the character and the film to do well, which I am too so I don't really wanna keep arguing over these details
    Neither do I. I just googled, Cable is supposed to be 6'8". Now I completely understand that finding an actor that tall, in his fifties, with incredible muscles and with good acting skills is nearly impossible. And I also think Josh Brolin is as Cable is f-ing nailed it on casting. What I have a problem with is comparing this situation with Jackverine. No guys, not the same situation.

Ultimate Member

To be fair though Logan hasn't really been drawn as being ugly for years, before Jackman started his run in the movies...

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    I was thinking this but didn't have the motivation to post it, thanks

But I mean, people just want to believe he is good because they are rooting for him in the character and the film to do well, which I am too so I don't really wanna keep arguing over these details
    No, I actually think he looks great as the character. His hair isn’t gray enough, but otherwise he’s spot on IMO. He nailed the intensity, the voice...and supposedly they said he’s going to age and get grayer/whiter in terms of his hair over the course of the four films he’s signed on for. So it’s not so much wishful thinking on my part as it is me thinking that, yes, he’s well cast based upon what I’ve seen.

Far more spot on than Jackman as Wolverine IMO. Honestly, it took until X2 for me to even see him as Logan, and even then I feel like I only saw glimpses of the Wolverine I knew from the comics over the course of the seven films he did. It’s unfortunate that he finally nailed it in the final installment, at least IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by BishopsJuice91 View Post
    The more I read Cable, the more I’m feeling like Josh Brolin was a miscast but I’m thinking the movie will still be good even though.
    As opposed to what? Domino?

Negasonic?

Colossus?

They are doing their own thing. I don't see it being any really huge deal.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Love how Deadpool 2 seems to be doubling down on the humor and absurdities. That can only improve the overall entertainment value. Given how big and serious Infinity War is sure to be, I think Deadpool 2 will offer a welcome reprieve of sorts.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    As opposed to what? Domino?

Negasonic?

Colossus?

They are doing their own thing. I don't see it being any really huge deal.
    I thought Colossus was strictly CGI
    lol
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    I thought Colossus was strictly CGI
    lol
    Yep.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Yep.
    Think of the confidence that man must have to stand there in ill fitting gray pajamas, Helmut a skinny wire coming up ending with a gray ball.
    All the while getting yelled at by Ryan Reynolds
    GrindrStone(D)

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Ok, no. Not the same thing.

Jackman's Wolverine was taller, prettier, sexier. That makes him more appealing to general audience. The short, hairy, animalistic version is the tough one to translate to screen. That is the one that is harder to make appealing to general audience.
    Wolverine's height is actually a defining trait of his character, it's part of the basis of his name and is constantly referenced. I don't think I've ever even seen someone describe Cable as tall. He just happens to be tall in the comics and he's less tall on screen.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    Wolverine's height is actually a defining trait of his character, it's part of the basis of his name and is constantly referenced. I don't think I've ever even seen someone describe Cable as tall. He just happens to be tall in the comics and he's less tall on screen.
    I share this opinion. Strongly.

It's really not that big of an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    Bingo. Interested in whether the MCU Wolverine, should the Disney-FOX deal go through, will be more comic accurate in terms of being a short, stocky, mean little ass kicker. I think that would be smart on their part. Don’t try to find Hugh Jackman 2.0, rather go a totally different (more true to the comics) direction.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Bingo. Interested in whether the MCU Wolverine, should the Disney-FOX deal go through, will be more comic accurate in terms of being a short, stocky, mean little ass kicker. I think that would be smart on their part. Don’t try to find Hugh Jackman 2.0, rather go a totally different (more true to the comics) direction.
    Lol you know there's a problem when Wolverine is taller than Sabretooth. He's called RUNT for a reason. So yeah. Jackman was miscast, but people don't care because he's hot. Then again, I didn't care for Liev as Sabretooth. Nothing intimidating about him. Looked more like pervert than anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if they cast a more... feral.. looking individual for MCU Wolverine. As they should, like you pointed out.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Lol you know there's a problem when Wolverine is taller than Sabretooth. He's called RUNT for a reason. So yeah. Jackman was miscast, but people don't care because he's hot. Then again, I didn't care for Liev as Sabretooth. Nothing intimidating about him. Looked more like pervert than anything.
    Right. But no one ever really points out how tall Cable is in the comics. Only Deadpool would be one to point out something like that. And the only reason we're talking about it now is because it was poked fun at in the trailer, so the topic resurfaced. Brolin is going to be a great Cable. He looks physically imposing and intimidating. Deadpool is fairly tall in his own right, so it's not like one NEEDS to be that much taller than the other.

I just hope Brolin can maintain his physique. He just turned 50 and is contracted for three more films. The good thing is he’s stocky in terms of his arms and whatnot. So if he just bulks up the arms, chest and traps he’ll be good. He doesn’t have to be Hugh Jackman or Ryan Reynolds shredded to play Cable IMO.

Tell you what though, I SMDH at the folks who wanted Stephen Lang for Cable. That guy is already a senior citizen (65)!

Brolin will be fine for however long he's Cable. Look at Stallone. 71 years old and a brick **** house.