Page 150 of 156 FirstFirst ... 50100140146147148149150151152153154 ... LastLast
Results 2,236 to 2,250 of 2330

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    I ESPECIALLY want Wade to remark about how he's saving his F-bomb for an opportune moment since it's PG-13, only for someone else to use it FIRST, and he reacts with shock and outrage.
    I laughed. Could totally see that happening.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by uebersoldat View Post
    I laughed. Could totally see that happening.
    And then next time he appears, he drops an F-bomb the instant he steps on screen, and when everyone else gives him dirty looks over his language he'll quip that last time he waited and someone else beat him to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    And then next time he appears, he drops an F-bomb the instant he steps on screen, and when everyone else gives him dirty looks over his language he'll quip that last time he waited and someone else beat him to it.
    You and I are on the same exact page.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Not only that, but Disney and its board aren't going approve a multi-billion dollar acquisition and then throw out profitable IP like Aliens, Predator, Deadpool/X-Force, etc., just because it is R-rated. Nor are they going to try and take those franchises and "tone them down" so that they fit with Disney's more family friendly fare. That would be an epic fail and businesses don't operate like that. They could not possibly justify to their shareholders the acquiring of this IP at that purchase price only to bury it. That makes no sense at all.

Most likely they'll establish a separate label for more adult, R-rated fare and keep it walled off from everything else. In the case of Deadpool/X-Force, though, since they are Marvel characters I'd expect to see some loose connective tissue establishing that it is in the MCU so that they can take advantage of funny cameos involving mainstream MCU characters, but not trying to tie it into the MCU very much beyond that because they don't want to confuse kids or parents. This isn't that hard, and I have no doubt that Feige and company will have a good plan for how to do just that. As far as the rest of the X-men go, however, no clue what they'll do. They may reboot entirely or try to integrate the current Dark Phoenix cast into the MCU somehow. All this assumes the deal goes through, which it likely will. Unless Comcast offers too much for FOX's board to turn down.
    Disney also promised to make an Inhumans movie. It failed in the end, was put on tv to burn out.I feel they will do the same with Deapool or something similar

Disney could establish a brand of deadpool and xforce in movies but they will not be part of the xmen. xmen will have more cross overs with other mcu movies than deapool and xforce, which is wrong on so many levels.

Some of you are worried about deadpool and xforce, i am more worried about the xmen movies, the past xmen movies that are pg 13 will be considered r rated for Disney. X-Men movies will go from having the batman tone created by Burton/Nolan to the Schumacher Batman tone.

I do hope Comcast offers too much for FOX's board to turn down so we can close this conversation once and for all with the right decision made. Deadpool/X-men/X-force and other related X-Men property should not go to Disney.

I'm not worried about either, because if the Disney acquisition of FOX happens they will be utilizing all of the IP they acquired in one form or another. At least the stuff that has significant value. In the case of the Inhumans, they didn't buy (or buy back really) a billion dollar franchise only to "put it on TV to burn out." That IP was worth very little and they already owned it, tried to do something with it, and it failed. Nothing ventured, nothing gained in that case. Worth a shot. This is very different.

As someone who works in corporate America, I could not imagine spending billions for FOX and then trying to explain to the board and my shareholders that I just shelved a billion dollar franchise because...well, I'm not really sure why you think they'd do that honestly. Because they can? Because it doesn't fit the tone of the MCU? Nah. Iger knows what he'd be buying in Deadpool/X-Force, Aliens, Predator, etc., and has said they'd be open to doing R-rated films. Like I said, though, likely through another production label, which they've done before actually when they acquired Miramax and put out films like Pulp Fiction. They sold Miramax after the Weinsteins left and founded their own company, though. But there's no reason why Disney couldn't do the same with FOX and have a separate production company again which handles the more mature fare. There's precedent and I am 99.99% sure that's precisely what they'll do.

Now, in the case of the X-men, they don't have such an issue because they're not a successful R-rated franchise anyway. So they'll figure out how to integrate them into the MCU somehow. Of that I am very confident.

Deleted.

Not even going to bother...too off-topic. Hopefully the mods can see that things are about to spiral further down the hole with a certain account...again.
    Last edited by uebersoldat; 05-21-2018 at 02:57 PM.

Brilliant. Simply amazing. Going to see this again for the third time this weekend.

DP2 is not as strong as the first one IMO, but it’s still quite good.

I thought it was better. Bigger, crazier and more fun. But I’m probably biased because I love Cable and think Brolin knocked it out of the park.

I thought it was better. Bigger, crazier and more fun. But I’m probably biased because I love Cable and think Brolin knocked it out of the park.
    You are not the only one, going to see it with a couple of friends again.
    I come when there's something to take but I never give anything back.
    I know what you want. But it is not here. It's gone and it will never ever come again...

I agree as well. Thought it was better in every way possible.

I really liked DP2. It's a different movie than the first one, so I'm not sure how to compare them, but in some ways I liked this better. It felt like an X-Men movie (even with the excessive violence).

I heard rumors about Vanessa's death months ago and I wasn't happy with her being "fridged" but in the context of the movie and the franchise it does work. Wade needs something to provide motivation to be a hero and to be his moral compass. Movie Deadpool and X-Force is headed in more of a heroic type of role, but that would work better in films.

I'm happy with Brolin's Cable. It's about the best we could ask for. My only nitpicks is that if he was going to be introduced later as a mutant with TK, then there were some situations in DP2 that wouldn't work.

Simplifying Cable's backstory with the fact that he's from the future, then introduce the fact that Scott has to send his son into the future to save him from the TO virus (Jean might replace Maddie as Nathan's mom in this situation). The only issue with the idea of Nate being from a more recent future with a wife and daughter is how it fits with him being raised in a hellish environment.

My only real complaint is that I wish writers of movies would just create new names for characters rather than just name dropping existing characters. It's nice that Irene got a mention, but if she's not going to be in the movie just name the reporter something else.

The joke about Liefield not being able to draw feet was awesome.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Damn! I’m surprised by how weak Solo’s opening weekend is. Wow. For a Star Wars film with a PG-13 rating. Totally expected the big drop for Deadpool 2, but it’s surprising that that drop didn’t translate into a bigger weekend for Solo. Looks like folks opted to stay home.

And internationally very weak for Solo as well. Yikes.