Page 34 of 156 FirstFirst ... 243031323334353637384484134 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Psimitar View Post
    Ever since I saw the Firefly posters in the Deadpool 2 teaser (I know they were a shout out to Morena Baccarin) I've been thinking about Adam Baldwin who played Jayne in the role of Cable. The guy is 6'4", 55 years old and has blue eyes. He's done enough action and military roles I'm confident he could play Cable easily and he's played enough douchebags in his career he could play a convincing Stryfe as well. Seeing him in Firefly how he played off more flamboyant characters like Nathan Fillion makes me think he could carry Cable easily.
    I didn't even consider Baldwin, but DAMN, that would be perfect. Hell, just look at his John Casey on Chuck. I've never seen a straight man that could be so hilarious in their stoicness at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    I was reading that earlier today. Man, that looks like some refined concept art, versus some rushed fan throw-together job. I wonder if that confirms Pitt has been in conversations with the Deadpool team. And maybe even shown this.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Killercroc357 View Post
    I was reading that earlier today. Man, that looks like some refined concept art, versus some rushed fan throw-together job. I wonder if that confirms Pitt has been in conversations with the Deadpool team. And maybe even shown this.
    That would be awesome. He's young enough to play Cable for 15 or 20 years too.

Quote Originally Posted by jlgarsh View Post
    That would be awesome. He's young enough to play Cable for 15 or 20 years too.
    No he's not. Brad Pitt is 53, THE MOST you are going to get out of him are 3 movies across 6 years before he can no longer keep up with the training regimen. Unless they give him a body suit to bulk him up. Hell I personally think he'd only have 2 movies over 4 years in him at that age.
    Last edited by SomeCBFanboy; 03-23-2017 at 12:33 PM.

Or unless he hits that needle like Sylvester Stallone. Ha.

I would actually love Pitt in the role, provided he could sign on for multiple pictures. He is a little on the older side, but I think we could get 3-4 films out of him.

comicbookmovies.com was told to take down all the Deadpool-Cable images.

DEADPOOL 2 Concept Art Featuring Cable, Domino And More Seemingly LEAKS Online

You know what that means?

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Brad Pitt?

Turns out it is true. He is interested.

Exclusive: Brad Pitt Considered Playing Cable in ‘Deadpool 2’

Sources tell us that in casting Cable, Brad Pitt was eyed to take on the role and there was interest on both sides. As of right now he’s moved on, but since this role is very much in flux there’s the possibility that things could change. The actor may soon have his hands full producing and starring in World War Z 2 if that gets a greenlight from Paramount, but this would have been a massive casting coup for the superhero follow-up.

Just this week a report surfaced that Michael Shannon is now the top choice to play Cable, and Stranger Things star David Harbour is also reportedly in the mix. Basically things are very much in flux at this juncture. This is a major role, and one that no doubt includes a commitment to future sequels, an X-Force movie, and even a potential Cable spinoff, so an A-lister like Brad Pitt signing on would have been a huge commitment. But this does tell us that Pitt, someone who’s eschewed superhero fare thus far, is at least mildly interested in dipping his toe into the genre’s waters.

If they cast Brad Pitt, then the common folk won't see Cable... they'll just see Brad Pitt. I also don't see him playing second fiddle to RR, who before Deadpool, was considered box office poison. It'll probably be better for Cable in the long run if they go with someone with a little less star power.

I think Brad Pitt would be cool, but I think he's also too big a star. He might cost too much. I really feel like Fox has a trend of generally pulling people from T.V. As long as it is not Stephen Lang I think I'm good with any of the names that have been considered.

BANNED

Make it so.

brad pitt will be great as cable. I see him in the role after watching troy. his character in troy had a lot of Cable-isms.

I don't see Michael Shannon in the role at all. He doesn't seem to have the look or charm of cable. my other choices will be

Liam Neeson and John Slattery
    Last edited by Selina; 03-23-2017 at 03:35 PM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by SomeCBFanboy View Post
    No he's not. Brad Pitt is 53, THE MOST you are going to get out of him are 3 movies across 6 years before he can no longer keep up with the training regimen. Unless they give him a body suit to bulk him up. Hell I personally think he'd only have 2 movies over 4 years in him at that age.
    You're telling me that Cable doesn't look like a 65 year old totally ripped guy?

I don't see a 60+ year old when I look at Cable. No.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I don't see a 60+ year old when I look at Cable. No.
    I never did either. I always thought he was like 40-45. I never say his white hair as a sign of age. Hell, Magneto has had white hair even when he gets de-aged. Joseph even had white hair. Considering Cable is rarely drawn with a lot of wrinkles on his face, I just thought he was a dude with white hair.