Page 51 of 156 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101151 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    Also from canon, aren't here parents established as non-blackd (her father name is Rudolpho Boschelli (which sounds Italian to me)?
    Slight error here: Father Rudolpho Boschelli is/was a priest running a church in Chicago, and was stuck raising child Domino after her mother Beatrice dumped her on the porch (after having freed her from a Project Armageddon facility before her planned liquidation). While there's a connection between the two it isn't biological/genetic.

Beatrice (last name unknown) was Caucasian, or at least looked it, but Domino's birth father - likely a donor - was never revealed, plus her chalk-white complexion was present from birth. So her true ethnicity remains up in the air (and not helped at all by more than a few '90s appearances that heavily leaned toward presenting her as Asian).
    The X-Books Board is wretched and does not deserve the Domino Appreciation Thread.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Psyknight View Post
    Is this just fanart or is it official?
    official I believe

Quote Originally Posted by CraigTheCylon View Post
    Slight error here: Father Rudolpho Boschelli is/was a priest running a church in Chicago, and was stuck raising child Domino after her mother Beatrice dumped her on the porch (after having freed her from a Project Armageddon facility before her planned liquidation). While there's a connection between the two it isn't biological/genetic.

Beatrice (last name unknown) was Caucasian, or at least looked it, but Domino's birth father - likely a donor - was never revealed, plus her chalk-white complexion was present from birth. So her true ethnicity remains up in the air (and not helped at all by more than a few '90s appearances that heavily leaned toward presenting her as Asian).
    thanks for the clarification love!!

I think this supports that canon HAS NOT established she is black girl with vitiligo rocking a fro.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    I'm old enough to remember people praising Marvel Studios for their colorblind casting and diversity, yet now Fox has a black Domino with a fierce afro and suddenly it's all about comic book accuracy again.
    People are more complex than that. To some it's not about accuracy but you know...

Umm no it's not that simple. If the director of Fox had casted any white female to play Storm (a character who is known to be African american) there would have been major issues. The same is true here. Don't know why that's too much for people to grasp.
    I don't think it's the same. Nobody gave a damn about Domino's race, she could be albino black but instead they went with black with Vitiligo. The biggest change really is hair.

But let's say it is the same, then even then I say no. Making this casts more diverse should've been done decades ago. The XMen represent minorities yet everyone is hot, white, straight and powerful? Ok... Turning well known ethnic characters white is not the same as turning unknown white characters ethnic.

I'm completely fine with the change, it's an adaptation and I have confidence that everything else (personality, abilities etc.) will be like the comic Domino. Damn, she's hot...
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Calaigah View Post
    People are more complex than that. To some it's not about accuracy but you know...

I don't think it's the same. Nobody gave a damn about Domino's race, she could be albino black but instead they went with black with Vitiligo. The biggest change really is hair.

But let's say it is the same, then even then I say no. Making this casts more diverse should've been done decades ago. The XMen represent minorities yet everyone is hot, white, straight and powerful? Ok... Turning well known ethnic characters white is not the same as turning unknown white characters ethnic.

I get what you are saying but there are sure some who do care about her race even though it is not as defining as Storm's race is to her. I think about these things in context of my favorite character. What may not big for some is a big deal for others. So little things like Storm her characterization, her eye color, her height, all of those things are up for criticism because to me the standard is canon. If you can't reproduce it do it better is my philosophy. In context to Domino, I believe there already isn't enough representation of non-white characters in comics and this is the result of that. I personally feel instead of changing things people who follow these characters appreciate and want to see on film all to be "diverse" it would be much better to take the time to create these new characters, give them interesting stories and make them an important part of the major stories being told.

Just putting this here...

Deadpool 2 - DOMINO FIRST LOOK - Beyond The Trailer

https://t.co/xGUnKHoUVq?amp=1
    I’ve just published my very first work on ‘Archive of Our Own’, under the same name as here. It is the first chapter of ‘I Am My Own Best Friend ~ An Emma Frost Road Trip’, which focuses on Emma between the events of IvX and Secret Empire, including the White Queen going on a road trip, to try and have fun!

You can read the story here: https://archiveofourown.org/works/15795663

I hope you enjoy it as much I did writing it!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WheelchairX View Post

Am I the only one who wants them to reveal Cable with the same Burt Reynolds shout out?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WheelchairX View Post

God damn, she gave me a headache with the intro lol
    Superhero shows are trash

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    ok this looks much better!! lol

I get what you are saying but there are sure some who do care about her race even though it is not as defining as Storm's race is to her. I think about these things in context of my favorite character. What may not big for some is a big deal for others. So little things like Storm her characterization, her eye color, her height, all of those things are up for criticism because to me the standard is canon. If you can't reproduce it do it better is my philosophy. In context to Domino, I believe there already isn't enough representation of non-white characters in comics and this is the result of that. I personally feel instead of changing things people who follow these characters appreciate and want to see on film all to be "diverse" it would be much better to take the time to create these new characters, give them interesting stories and make them an important part of the major stories being told.
    Creating new characters for the films instead of using established characters would be a whole nother problem in terms of straying from the source material. Personally I'm fine with some race-bending as long as race isn't central to the character. For example, Storm and Black Panther. You cannot make an African goddess and king white or Hispanic. Tony Stark, the paragon of white privilege and scion of the military industrial complex, loses something significant if he's not Caucasian. Even Cable, the son of two of the whitest X-men ever, must be Caucasian.

Domino? Nick Fury? Not so much. Now Heimdall and Valkyrie? Well...it's a stretch. But Marvel Studios fans seem to let them get away with anything (the Mandarin, Hope van Dyne, etc.). Anything except making Iron Fist, a white character in the comics, white on the screen I suppose. Ha.

ok this looks much better!! lol
    Not to me. She looks like she's doing kabuki theatre.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Creating new characters for the films instead of using established characters would be a whole nother problem in terms of straying from the source material.
    Don't you remember how well-loved and cherished Spyke is among the fandom?

BANNED

I personally feel instead of changing things people who follow these characters appreciate and want to see on film all to be "diverse" it would be much better to take the time to create these new characters, give them interesting stories and make them an important part of the major stories being told.
    Takes too long to establish characters that way. Sales forIceman may not be too hot but they'd be lower if the book was about Anole. If you wanna be fair, then you undo the fact it's taken this long. If homophobia, racism didn't exist, we wouldn't be asking for more representation because it would've happened already.