Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default PREVIEW: Civil War II #1

This is it! War comes to the Marvel Universe this June as the Earth-shattering comics event of 2016 comes to comic shops with a jam-packed double-size issue! Today, Marvel is pleased to present your exciting look inside CIVIL WAR II #1 - from chartbusting creators Brian Michael Bendis and David Marquez! The fan-fave creative team that brought you Invincible Iron Man join forces once more to bring you a tale of hero against hero - and a Marvel Universe divided in two!
    Ulysses - a young Inhuman with the power to profile the future has emerged. His new abilities send shockwaves through the superhuman community. Divided amongst themselves, will they use Ulysses to prevent danger before it happens? Or should they allow the future to unfold unaltered? As his new powers send shockwaves rippling across the Marvel Universe - battle lines will be drawn. Do you stand with Iron Man? Or will you side with Captain Marvel?
    Will the heroes of the Marvel Universe wield the power of "predictive justice" to change the future or battle to protect tomorrow? Battle lines will be drawn. Lives will be changed. Heroes will fall. The comic book event that will have the world talking kicks off on June 1st in the double-sized CIVIL WAR II #1!

Full preview here.

I'm still stumped on a couple of the folks represented in that large splash charge with Thor at the center.

I'm worried about the writing and killing off the rumoured characters, but the art is absolutely stunning.
    That splash page with all the heroes is just awesome. I recognize everyone but the girl above She-Hulk and below Hawkeye. Does anybody know who she is?

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Interesting that War Machine and She Hulk have appeared on a few covers on Carol's side now, perhaps neither of them are going to be killed off or made murderers after all?

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    I'm worried about the writing and killing off the rumoured characters, but the art is absolutely stunning.
    That splash page with all the heroes is just awesome. I recognize everyone but the girl above She-Hulk and below Hawkeye. Does anybody know who she is?
    I think it's Dazzler, she's just still in her stupid goth design no sane person likes.

JackTuesday

Splash page looks amazing except for Dazzlers bland outfit and Nico missing her gauntlet arm? Even in A-Force it is as if they cant decide if she has that hand or not =/

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    I think it's Dazzler, she's just still in her stupid goth design no sane person likes.
    Yeah it looks like dazzler. You can thank bendis for that stupidity. If you think that is worse and have caught to what else he has done to her read new issue of A-Force (aka #4). Just remember not to lose your voice screaming the dumbness that he has done to her. I don't mean the issue itself but the issue features best example of it.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

When did they bring Pixie back?

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Did she go somewhere?
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Hmm, I wonder if I can read this series without my brain melting. I'm not familiar with every Marvel character/haven't read some in a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Supermutant2099 View Post
    Yeah it looks like dazzler. You can thank bendis for that stupidity. If you think that is worse and have caught to what else he has done to her read new issue of A-Force (aka #4). Just remember not to lose your voice screaming the dumbness that he has done to her. I don't mean the issue itself but the issue features best example of it.
    Except the strange thing is that Bendis left Dazzler in an okay or at least recovering position at the end of his run where she wasn't all angry and even alright with returning to her job with SHIELD, having defeated Mystique. For some reason G. Willow Wilson set her back into that angry at the world position for A-Force. An odd choice for an actual good writer to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bukdiah View Post
    Hmm, I wonder if I can read this series without my brain melting. I'm not familiar with every Marvel character/haven't read some in a long time.
    This is Bendis writing an event thus having the power to warp the status quo as he wishes. Your brain is gonna melt for a completely different reason.
    Last edited by Kurolegacy; 04-15-2016 at 07:33 AM.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Lightbulb

While Indeed this seems interesting and I will be getting it, I am not sure if it has been mentioned by anyone else yet but this story seems to be the Marvel Equivalent of Minority Report (2002).
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Can we get an ID on the blonde to the left of Medusa in the backityback? A NuInhuman maybz?

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Right?
    Quote Originally Posted by MyriVerse View Post
    Did she go somewhere?
    Along with nearly EVERY X-person, yes.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Can we get an ID on the blonde to the left of Medusa in the backityback? A NuInhuman maybz?
    Anna Kravinoff, maybe? See ANInhumans.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Along with nearly EVERY X-person, yes.
    Nah. They're all still there.
    Last edited by MyriVerse; 04-15-2016 at 08:01 AM.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

I dunno if it's her but if I had to wager a guess as to who the mystery blonde is, she looks kinda like Darkstar.

Maybe Magik? An awful interpretation of the design, but maybe.