Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Red Hood and the Outlaws!!!

Let's discuss! Anything and everything. Things you love, things you hate. This is one of my favorite new 52 runs that is out and would love to talk about it!

BANNED

I'm assuming you're one of the few people who read past the 1st issue, so what do you find appealing about it?
    Last edited by AquaLantern; 04-10-2016 at 04:27 PM.

I liked the initial Lobdell run. Tynion's was close to unreadable. The Pfeifer run was okay. The second Lobdell run was better than Tynion, worse than Pfeifer, and worse than his first run; it became annoying.

The current Red Hood / Arsenal book is about on par with Lobdell's second run on the first book.

Haha you assume correct! I'm currently on volume 6 and I already own volume 1 of red hood and arsenal. Just wanna finish out the rest of the series first. To me I think it's just the strange dynamic between the 3. I will admit that I'm bias to anything with Deathstroke or red hood lol. I will say that I wasn't a fan initially when James Tynion toomey over

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AquaLantern View Post
    I'm assuming you're one of the few people who read past the 1st issue, so what do you find appealing about it.
    The strange thing about RHATO, honestly, is that apart from the first two issues or so the title under Lobdell was actually passable - and at times, it was pretty darn good. He's basically written what has come to be the definitive Jason Todd within the DCU, and his Starfire wasn't terrible once he got past all the terrible things that he was trying to do at the outset of the book. A lot of the time, the book went off the rails, imo, but that doesn't mean that it was horrible. Especially compared to Teen Titans, Lobdell had a good ideas but executed them terribly, and honestly the artists that he got to work with on this series have all been A+ - which is amazing in and of itself.

Roy, though... Roy was kinda bad.

And yes I agree! Tynion's random and abrupt change made me almost quit reading the series!

To me, if Lobdell's name is on the cover it's highly likely that I will enjoy it. I just really enjoy his take on these characters.

I don't know about anyone else, but it drives me nuts when Jason's helmet is almost translucent. I don't like when the artist gives his hood distinguished facial features.

I tried the outlaws before and it was okay. I am interested on this new one , though. Bizarro and Artemis of the amazons are cool additions. I like this dark trinity idea.

isn't this a Bat book?
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    isn't this a Bat book?
    It wasn't edited by the Batman office, but I guess they did try to sell it under the Batman line if memory serves. Though I always felt it fell more in the Teen Titans line of books than a Batman book. Since it had the same editorial and Lobdell was guiding pretty much all the young teen heroes.

I really like Jason Todd/Red Hood, but never could get into this book.
    Though I loved the Future's End tie-in.

I think it definitely takes some persistence to get into it. But when Jason's story ties into him leading the league it's an interesting take on his origins. Jason is almost made out to be like Luke Skywalker. Like he's the chosen son to bring back balance lol.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

I enjoyed Lobdell's first run on RHatO, loathed Tynion's, didn't much care for Pfeiffer's and enjoyed Lobdell's second run although I felt it lacked the spark of the first one. I actually wish Lobdell has remained on the book the whole time because clearly the book got worse once he left. I've been really enjoying RH/A even more the RHatO and although I'm not so sure about this "dark trinity" business Johns is talking about I'm still giving RHatO 2.0 a shot though I am scratching my head over including Bizzaro.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Never Giving Up! GreenLanternRanger's Avatar

Like others I didn't care much for the way Lobdell handled Starfire. But overall I can't say I flat out hate the series, it had its moments, and Red Hood/Arsenal has been decent. I may give the first couple issues of the Rebirth series a go. Interested in seeing what they do with Bizzaro.
    There's a Time For Peace, and Then There's a Time To Punch Nazi Scumbags in the Face!!