Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 48
  1. #31
    Astonishing Member dancj's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,407

    Default

    Bale got my vote - but I considered Adam West who was glorious in his own special way.

    I didn't much care for Keaton and I haven's seen Kilmer or Clooney

  2. #32
    I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Sudbury, UK
    Posts
    1,747

    Default

    So happy for all the Kevin Conroy love.

  3. #33
    Junior Member MrStatham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    171

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    There was a certain quirkiness to him that really helped sell the character to me. Almost sort of a self imposed loneliness where he's never quite completely comfortable and doesn't know how to behave. His Batman slips over into his Bruce and there's still traces of Bruce in his Batman.

    Dressing up in a bat costume and going out at night to beat people up just feels like it would make sense to the character yet he wouldn't be able to explain why to anyone.

    That's something I felt most of the other Batman were lacking. Especially Bale, who seemed like he was just grasping for anything and did whatever anyone suggested to him.
    This. Aside from the moping over Rachel, Bale's Bruce/Batman felt entirely too well-adjusted and could easily slip into any of the worlds he needed to inhabit - Batman, Bruce Wayne as the idiot playboy, or the 'real' Bruce - I never really felt any sense of struggle in his character save for the issues related to Rachel, whereas again, Bruce trying to open up to Vicki in Batman '89 is much more interesting because he can't put it into words. That's way more interesting than him spouting off the film's arc words at the love interest so she recognises who he is.

  4. #34
    Ultimate Member MajorHoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    14,866

    Default

    Unfortunately, the link doesn't seem to go to the poll from back in 2014 any longer.

    However, there was a 2017 article that may be of interest:
    15 On-Screen Batman Ranked From Worst To Best
    15. GEORGE CLOONEY
    14. LEWIS WILSON
    13. ROBERT LOWERY
    12. RINO ROMANO
    11. ANTHONY RUIVIVAR
    10. WILL ARNETT
    9. DAVID MAZOUZ
    8. DIEDRICH BADER
    7. VAL KILMER
    6. OLAN SOULE
    5. CHRISTIAN BALE
    4. BEN AFFLECK
    3. ADAM WEST
    2. MICHAEL KEATON
    1. KEVIN CONROY

  5. #35
    Astonishing Member Celgress's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,601

    Default

    Michael Keaton
    "You'll never learn to fly now 'til you're standing at the cliff."

  6. #36
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    734

    Default

    It's Kevin Conroy.

    Live action, I'll go with Christian Bale. Bale was a better Bruce Wayne, Michael Keaton the better Batman.
    Last edited by Batman Begins 2005; 11-03-2018 at 11:49 PM.

  7. #37
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    734

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Unfortunately, the link doesn't seem to go to the poll from back in 2014 any longer.

    However, there was a 2017 article that may be of interest:
    15 On-Screen Batman Ranked From Worst To Best
    15. GEORGE CLOONEY
    14. LEWIS WILSON
    13. ROBERT LOWERY
    12. RINO ROMANO
    11. ANTHONY RUIVIVAR
    10. WILL ARNETT
    9. DAVID MAZOUZ
    8. DIEDRICH BADER
    7. VAL KILMER
    6. OLAN SOULE
    5. CHRISTIAN BALE
    4. BEN AFFLECK
    3. ADAM WEST
    2. MICHAEL KEATON
    1. KEVIN CONROY
    I'd go:

    5. A toss up between Bader and Greenwood. I'll go Bader.
    4. West.
    3. Keaton.
    2. Bale.
    1. Conroy.

  8. #38
    Astonishing Member Fergus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Manchester UK
    Posts
    2,028

    Default

    Affleck and Keaton for me

  9. #39
    Amazing Member babybats's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    85

    Default

    I see your Bales and Keatons and raise you...




  10. #40
    Astonishing Member Jackalope89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    2,666

    Default


  11. #41
    Amazing Member babybats's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    85

    Default

    My requirement for best Batman actor: the ability to do the Batusi

  12. #42
    Spectacular Member Spencermalley935's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    125

    Default

    Definitely, Christian Bale.

    People can rag on his Batman voice (not his fault) all they want but he gets down the most important aspect of the character, Bruce Wayne and honestly he had the best balance between the roles of all the actors. Keaton was a decent Batman but an awful Bruce Wayne, Kilmer was a good Bruce Wayne but not a spectacular Batman, Clooney was terrible as both, Affleck wasn't particularly great as either.

  13. #43
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    143

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mister BoMan View Post
    Michael Keaton
    The link on the OP doesn't take me to a poll.

    So I'll just say Adam West for.me.

  14. #44
    Ultimate Member MajorHoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    14,866

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by riddler123 View Post
    The link on the OP doesn't take me to a poll.

    So I'll just say Adam West for.me.
    As mentioned about 9 posts ago,
    Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Unfortunately, the link doesn't seem to go to the poll from back in 2014 any longer.

    However, there was a 2017 article that may be of interest:

  15. #45
    Spectacular Member Spencermalley935's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    125

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    There was a certain quirkiness to him that really helped sell the character to me. Almost sort of a self imposed loneliness where he's never quite completely comfortable and doesn't know how to behave. His Batman slips over into his Bruce and there's still traces of Bruce in his Batman.

    Dressing up in a bat costume and going out at night to beat people up just feels like it would make sense to the character yet he wouldn't be able to explain why to anyone.

    That's something I felt most of the other Batman were lacking. Especially Bale, who seemed like he was just grasping for anything and did whatever anyone suggested to him.
    I'm sorry but that's just not who Bruce Wayne is at all. He's not supposed to be quirky or socially awkward, He's not supposed to feel uncomfortable in social situations. Never once in the actual source material has that ever been his character portrayal. Bruce Wayne is a man about town, He's one of Gotham's most prominent citizens, He may find hobnobbing with other rich people boring but he always knows how to behave and how to conduct himself

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •