Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Christos Gage, Ruth Fletcher Gage & Kris Anka Bring "Captain Marvel" to "Civil War II"

Christos Gage and Ruth Fletcher Gage will join Kris Anka on "Captain Marvel" when Carol Danvers enters the fray in Marvel Comics' "Civil War II."

Full article here.

I wonder if they're taking over for Fazeka and Butters full-time, even past Civil War? Gage is also writing the Spider-Man tie-in.

"It's her job as a soldier and an Avenger to intervene in these things. And anyone trying to stop her is threatening the very lives she's trying to save," Christos Gage added.
    I can see that ending well...

I was thinking maybe they're just stepping in because this story will deal with a lot more characters, and just be overall more closely knitted to the larger Marvel universe. Maybe once this event is over Fazeka and Butters will return as story they've set up is fairly self contained and therefore easier for them to write.

I wouldn't be at all sad if they did take over, though. I tend to like Christos' work, and Ruth's collaborations with him have been just fine.

I' m not sure who Ulysses's is; Is he the kid who's appearing in thunderbolts, or someone else?

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    I' m not sure who Ulysses's is; Is he the kid who's appearing in thunderbolts, or someone else?
    He's the inhuman that can see the future

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Sick. Gage is a great writer. Hopefully he stays on the book long-term.
    Cyclops was right

Quote Originally Posted by FlashingSabre View Post
    Sick. Gage is a great writer. Hopefully he stays on the book long-term.
    I keep seeing a lot praise for Gage, what has he done thats really good? At quick glance he looks like the worlds greatest fill-in writer. That is to say, he does a lot of singular issues.

Quote Originally Posted by SlimeBeherit View Post
    I keep seeing a lot praise for Gage, what has he done thats really good? At quick glance he looks like the worlds greatest fill-in writer. That is to say, he does a lot of singular issues.
    He and Cullen Bunn are basically the pinch hitters of Marvel comics. If someone is busy, bring them in to keep the quality high.

Also if you want to see Gage on his own series and not as a fill-in you should check out Avengers Academy.
    My pull list
    A-Force, All-New Inhuman, All-New All-Different Avengers, Captain America: Sam Wilson, Captain Marvel, Ms. Marvel, New Avengers, The Ultimates, and Weirdworld.

Quote Originally Posted by marvelousmetalmouse View Post
    He and Cullen Bunn are basically the pinch hitters of Marvel comics. If someone is busy, bring them in to keep the quality high.

Also if you want to see Gage on his own series and not as a fill-in you should check out Avengers Academy.
    He's also done good work with the Buffy franchise over at Dark Horse. His OGN with Ruth Gage, Lion of Rora, was really good too.

BANNED

Between this and Spider-man tie in, I'm surprised that Christos Gage isn't using Madame Web as a cameo appearance in these tales. I mean the sure deja vu of it all.

Mutant Bat on Speed Force Fuzzy Barbarian's Avatar

Ooo, I like Gage! Was seriously hoping he'd be writing either Amazing Spider-Man or a main X-ongoing by now. I was probs gonna hop onto Captain Marvel during Civil war II anyway, but if Gage stays on as writer, I might stick with the series! Can't be any worse than the snorefest that was the first 2.5 issues of this series (yep, couldn't evne make it through the whole third issue).
    Favourite characters: Wally West, Dick Grayson, Cassandra Cain, Cyclops, Jay Garrick, Jamie Madrox, Stargirl, Bucky Barnes, Magik, Jon Kent, Kate Bishop, Booster Gold

Regular pulls:
    Adventureman, Cable, Fire Power, Green Lantern, Hellions, New Mutants, Thor, Vampire: The Masquerade, Venom, X-Factor, X-Men

Trade-waiting: Animosity, Black Panther, Captain America, Catwoman, Conan, Daredevil, DCeased, Detective Comics, Hawkman, Immortal Hulk, Redneck, Saga, Skyward, Snotgirl, X-Force

She is not a soldier. She is an airman. Get it right Gage.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by SlimeBeherit View Post
    Stormwatch: PHD 1-12 was pretty damn good and Avengers Academy 1-39

BANNED

Too bad it's not Mar-Vell, at least then I'd spend my money. So far II is a big yawn for me, and I love CW I (the books). That said, if there were a Daredevil CW II title I'd be all over it, I think his character's stance on the issues would be fascinating.