Voters
271. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Atom (Ryan Choi)

21 7.75%
  • Katana (Tatsu Yamashiro)

56 20.66%
  • Batgirl (Cassandra Cain)

107 39.48%
  • Acomplished Perfect Physician (Yao Fei)

1 0.37%
  • August General in Iron (Fang Zhifu)

3 1.11%
  • Dr. Light (Kimiyo Hoshi)

32 11.81%
  • Green Arrow (Connor Hawke)

17 6.27%
  • OMAC (Kevin Kho)

3 1.11%
  • Green Lantern (Kai Ro)

3 1.11%
  • I Ching

2 0.74%
  • Thunder (Gan Williams)

2 0.74%
  • Lightning (Tavis Williams)

1 0.37%
  • Other

23 8.49%
Page 29 of 43 FirstFirst ... 1925262728293031323339 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Thought this would be relevant to post here. It's almost 2 months old, but was never seemingly posted/mentioned.

https://www.dccomics.com/blog/2021/0...-of-heroes-the

DC Celebrates Asian Pacific American Heritage Month with 'DC FESTIVAL OF HEROES: The Asian Superhero Celebration'
    By DC PublicityFriday, February 12th, 2021

Comic Book Anthology Features All-Star Cast of Writers and Artists Including
    Jim Lee, Gene Luen Yang, Bernard Chang, Ram V, Mariko Tamaki, Minh Lê, Trung Le Nguyen, Jim Cheung, Dustin Nguyen, Gurihiru and Many More

One-Shot Issue Hits Stores May 11, 2021

恭喜發財
    (Happy Lunar New Year!)

This May, grab your favorite boba, pull a chair up to the dim sum table and celebrate Asian Pacific American Heritage Month with DC FESTIVAL OF HEROES: The Asian Superhero Celebration, DC’s newest comic book anthology debuting May 11, 2021.

The 96-page one-shot issue will commemorate DC’s rich roster of Asian and Asian American characters, presenting new tales by some of the most lauded storytellers in comics. Ram V— the current Catwoman series writer—will at last unveil the long-seeded mystery behind Shoes in an action-packed tale that follows the character as she becomes Catwoman’s protégé, revealing her real name, secret origin, and who her mother is. Eisner Award-winning author Mariko Tamaki will continue her work on the Batman mythos and present an original Cassandra Cain story, marking the author’s first time taking on DC’s iconic Asian Batgirl. Joining these stories, Minh Lê—the acclaimed writer behind the smash-hit middle grade graphic novel Green Lantern: Legacy—will team with artist Trung Le Nguyen (author and artist of The Magic Fish) for an all-new story featuring Vietnamese American Tai Pham, DC’s newest Green Lantern co-created by Lê and Green Lantern: Legacy artist Andie Tong. This anthology marks Nguyen’s first work with DC.

For the main event, New York Times bestselling author Gene Luen Yang (Superman Smashes the Klan) and artist Bernard Chang will collaborate on a very special story fit for this celebratory month. Stay tuned for more details!

Additional stories and portraits will star iconic DC characters Katana, Lady Shiva, the Atom, and New Super-Man, among others, and will be written and drawn by fan-favorite writers and artists such as Francis Manapul, Greg Pak, Alyssa Wong, Marcio Takara, Sumit Kumar, Amy Chu, Dustin Nguyen, Cliff Chiang, Jen Bartel, Gurihiru and many more.

See below for the official description and full list of collaborators announced today and above for cover art by Jim Lee with Alex Sinclair. DC FESTIVAL OF HEROES: The Asian Superhero Celebration hits stores and online retailers everywhere comics are sold on May 11, 2021.

DC FESTIVAL OF HEROES: The Asian Superhero Celebration
    Written by Gene Luen Yang, Mariko Tamaki, Minh Lê, Ram V, Greg Pak, Dustin Nguyen, Amy Chu, Alyssa Wong and friends!
    Drawn by Bernard Chang, Marcio Takara, Dustin Nguyen, Trung Le Nguyen, Francis Manapul, Marcus To, Sean Chen, Sumit Kumar and others!
    Portraits by Chiff Chiang, Jim Cheung, Jae Lee, Jen Bartel, Kevin Wada, Philip Tan, Gurihiru and more!
    Cover by Jim Lee with Alex Sinclair
    Variant Cover by Stanley “Artgerm” Lau
    On Sale 5/11/21
    MSRP: $9.99
    Grab your favorite boba and pull a chair up to the dim sum table as we celebrate Asian Pacific American Heritage Month with all your favorite Asian DC characters, old and new! Join Cassandra Cain, Katana, Green Lantern Tai Pham, the Atom, Dana Tan (a.k.a. Batman Beyond), Red Arrow, Lady Shiva, Damian Wayne and the al Ghul clan, New Super-Man, and more as we present new tales of these characters from their thrilling history! Plus, Cheshire Cat’s relationship to Cheshire is revealed as Shoes asks Selina Kyle to take her under her wing as Catgirl. And that’s just the start!

Does anyone recognize the shirtless buff guy on the left-hand edge with the horns drinking a fountain drink?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    Thought this would be relevant to post here. It's almost 2 months old, but was never seemingly posted/mentioned.

Does anyone recognize the shirtless buff guy on the left-hand edge with the horns drinking a fountain drink?
    Grunge Of Gen-13.

Grunge Of Gen-13 Returns To DC Comics In May?
    https://bleedingcool.com/comics/grud...dc-comics-may/

Karate Kid
    Katana
    Judomaster
    Lady Shiva
    Toyman
    Samurai

Bring Grace back!
    The J-man

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    Grunge Of Gen-13.

Grunge Of Gen-13 Returns To DC Comics In May?
    https://bleedingcool.com/comics/grud...dc-comics-may/
    Wow. That's a surprise pick, in my opinion. I'm super unfamiliar with Gen-13 as it is. It seems, though, that someone remembers it and has a fond enough connection to want to pitch and write a story pertaining to one of its characters.

Too bad that there aren't more from the Asian Diaspora of DC. Would love to see more of Toymaster, or for Bushido to finally get his restitution for the past grievous mistreatment he has been inflicted with.
    Last edited by J. D. Guy; 04-02-2021 at 06:00 PM.

Incredible Member

Wow. That's a surprise pick, in my opinion. I'm super unfamiliar with Gen-13 as it is. It seems, though, that someone remembers it and has a fond enough connection to want to pitch and write and story pertaining to one of its characters.

Too bad that there aren't more from the Asian Diaspora of DC. Would love to see more of Toymaster, or for Bushido to finally get his restitution for the past grievous mistreatment he has been inflicted with.
    Well... Jim Lee. Who co-created him. And who drew the cover. And who is publisher of DC Comics. And who is Asian-American. 8-)

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Johnston View Post
    Well... Jim Lee. Who co-created him. And who drew the cover. And who is publisher of DC Comics. And who is Asian-American. 8-)
    Ah, I see. That explains a lot, then.

Again, very much ignorant on Gen-13. And while I understand Jim Lee is kinda a big deal at DC in a general sense, I still am generally ignorant about him (other than him being Asian-American) and what he's done in the past.

I think it's great that they are celebrating Asian Pacific American Heritage Month, but it's unfortunately that most of DC's Asian characters are sidekicks or assassins. Again, it's cool that this one-shot is happening but I don't think anyone should give DC (or comics in general) a pass.

I would love to see more Asian and Hispanic characters who can potentially stand shoulder to shoulder with the Justice League. Dr. Light should definitely be front and center as she doesn't fit with the standard trope. She could be a League regular.

Maybe find a way to differentiate the New Super-Man so he's not a Superman clone. Give him slightly different powers and maybe lose the cape.

Astonishing Member

Another "who's that character" question.

Does anyone know who the person in green(?) in the background between Cassandra and Emi is?

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I think it's great that they are celebrating Asian Pacific American Heritage Month, but it's unfortunately that most of DC's Asian characters are sidekicks or assassins. Again, it's cool that this one-shot is happening but I don't think anyone should give DC (or comics in general) a pass.

I would love to see more Asian and Hispanic characters who can potentially stand shoulder to shoulder with the Justice League. Dr. Light should definitely be front and center as she doesn't fit with the standard trope. She could be a League regular.

Maybe find a way to differentiate the New Super-Man so he's not a Superman clone. Give him slightly different powers and maybe lose the cape.
    Nah, I don't agree with the bold. Kenan is fine as is. (Just give him and his crew their book back, please.) He's an expy, but he isn't a clone. Not by a longshot. And power-wise, as the book goes on, it reveals that his powers are indeed different from Clark's, which is a plot point relevant to Kenan's origin considering he was supposedly empowered by a means related to Clark's (then-)new sunburst power.

Another "who's that character" question.

Does anyone know who the person in green(?) in the background between Cassandra and Emi is?

Nah, I don't agree with the bold. Kenan is fine as is. (Just give him and his crew their book back, please.) He's an expy, but he isn't a clone. Not by a longshot. And power-wise, as the book goes on, it reveals that his powers are indeed different from Clark's, which is a plot point relevant to Kenan's origin considering he was supposedly empowered by a means related to Clark's (then-)new sunburst power.
    The woman in green is Cheshire

And yea I agree with Robotman, Dr Light should definitely get more attention! She has a cool look and an interesting power set! I’d also add Xombi, The Great 10 (August General specifically), and Striker Z to the list as well

Extraordinary Member

Issue #3 of Untold History of DC features Katana.

As with all the other issues in the series the story is told from a 1st person perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by Samm View Post

And yea I agree with Robotman, Dr Light should definitely get more attention! She has a cool look and an interesting power set! I’d also add Xombi, The Great 10 (August General specifically), and Striker Z to the list as well
    I would love to see Striker Z brought back!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Samm View Post
    Isn't Cheshire the person standing on the left side of the page, below OMAC?

Extraordinary Member

Isn't Cheshire the person standing on the left side of the page, below OMAC?
    Correct.

I believe the other masked person is the new character “Cheshire Cat” who is described as having a link to Cheshire.

I thought Cheshire Cat was Catwoman’s new sidekick or something?
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.