Voters
271. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Atom (Ryan Choi)

21 7.75%
  • Katana (Tatsu Yamashiro)

56 20.66%
  • Batgirl (Cassandra Cain)

107 39.48%
  • Acomplished Perfect Physician (Yao Fei)

1 0.37%
  • August General in Iron (Fang Zhifu)

3 1.11%
  • Dr. Light (Kimiyo Hoshi)

32 11.81%
  • Green Arrow (Connor Hawke)

17 6.27%
  • OMAC (Kevin Kho)

3 1.11%
  • Green Lantern (Kai Ro)

3 1.11%
  • I Ching

2 0.74%
  • Thunder (Gan Williams)

2 0.74%
  • Lightning (Tavis Williams)

1 0.37%
  • Other

23 8.49%
Page 10 of 43 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Are all these Asian characters sitting in comic limbo? Such a shame :/
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    Are all these Asian characters sitting in comic limbo? Such a shame :/
    Here some info.
    Deceased-Yo-Yo
    Deceased-Sam Zhao (Earth 2)

(Earth 2) Aquawoman,Sonia Sato and Captain Steel are in the new earth 2 comic.

Eugene Choi (Prime Earth) will show up again in the shazam comic when it comes out or some other dc comic because he is the dc's rebirth picture.
    Last edited by mace11; 08-03-2016 at 12:33 AM.

http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Takeo_Yakata_(New_Earth)

http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Rampotatek_(New_Earth)

Admittedly, these characters were not so well received when they debuted but I hope DC revives them and makes something good out of them.

There's something about the New Superman that's been annoying me for a while. Don't know if anyone else feels the same.

Despite all the effort Gene went through to find a proper name for him, 'Kenan' is basically the phonetic equivalent of pronouncing 'Conan' in Mandarin.
    Everytime I see the fella's name get mentioned, my brain automatically links him to the famous barbarian as well as the manga detective.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    I disagree.
    She is asian,because she was born there and looks east asian.
    White hair isn't really typical for asians. And the rest of her tribe also didn't look very asian.

And since the well of sins, that made her and her tribe immortal, is in 'Eth Alth'eban. And 'Eth Alth'eban is (at least according to the DC wikia) somewhere on the Arabian peninsula. So she is probably born there and not in the Himalayan montaints.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    White hair isn't really typical for asians. And the rest of her tribe also didn't look very asian.

And since the well of sins, that made her and her tribe immortal, is in 'Eth Alth'eban. And 'Eth Alth'eban is (at least according to the DC wikia) somewhere on the Arabian peninsula. So she is probably born there and not in the Himalayan montaints.
    I don't even know who you are talking about, but would you say that Storm isn't African-American, because white hair isn't really typical for (non-elderly) African-Americans?
    (putting aside the semantics of whether the specific term "african-american" applies to someone born in Africa)

I thought every race has White hair when they get older, including Asians. The character looks pretty Asian to me.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by GlennSimpson View Post
    I don't even know who you are talking about, but would you say that Storm isn't African-American, because white hair isn't really typical for (non-elderly) African-Americans?
    (putting aside the semantics of whether the specific term "african-american" applies to someone born in Africa)
    Storm is a mutant, Essence was a normal human (or archaic human ?) and white seem to be her natural hair color if you go by the flash back that shows how her as a little kid, in RHatO #7 (she could of course be an albino).
    And non of the tribe members you see in the flash back looks asian, some look Caucasian and some look black.

And like I said her tribe is most likely from the from the area where 'Eth Alth'eban (middle east) is placed and not from the 100 Acres of All (Himalaya).
    Last edited by Aahz; 08-03-2016 at 10:41 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Here thats her clan from RHatO 7, she is the little kid and her mother Durca is the blond woman. Does any member of this tribe look asian?
    RHatO 7 1.jpg
    RHatO 7 2.jpg

Yeah that tribe doesn't look Asian. I find it weird though because in the image Mace posted she looked like an Asian with White hair.

Oh yeah!!! Hoping Kenan finds a solid foundation in the DCU and doesn't disappear!

Yeah that tribe doesn't look Asian. I find it weird though because in the image Mace posted she looked like an Asian with White hair.
    It's possible the tribe is a mixture of people from different races and nations. Themyscira, for instance, has had Amazons of Asian and African origin.

Hoping Kenan finds a solid foundation in the DCU and doesn't disappear!
    Yeah... Not holding my breath on that DC always seems to try with the best of intentions, All-New Atom, Omac, Xombi... But the follow-through? They always crap out on the dismount. I was really hoping Xombi would've joined the Justice League Dark. So many missed opportunities.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    It's possible the tribe is a mixture of people from different races and nations. Themyscira, for instance, has had Amazons of Asian and African origin.
    Always felt that was a cop-out. Kinda like when you see gang members from these multi-racial gangs in movies. It's cute but takes me out of the story.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I'd say DC has plenty of Asian male characters as well. They just don't get as much focus as the females (who only have it slightly better). Hell, I just thought of two characters that could be brought back; Ram and the Hat. Ram could show up as an occasional guest star in Cyborg's book and the Hat could appear in one of DC's magic focused titles.
    Another reason I'd prefer Asami over Toshiro is DC doesn't have a lot of women of color with upper tier power sets. And I think Asami having the power over air would be pretty cool. Just watch Legend of Korra season 3 to see how dangerous someone with that power set canbe.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Majestic View Post
    Yeah... Not holding my breath on that DC always seems to try with the best of intentions, All-New Atom, Omac, Xombi... But the follow-through? They always crap out on the dismount. I was really hoping Xombi would've joined the Justice League Dark. So many missed opportunities.
    I'm not sure how Xombi would fit in with JL Dark given his powers are more sci fi than magic or mystical.

Maybe the Hat would have been better.

the Hat has an interesting power set. wish dc would use him again, but kinda doubt it...