Voters
271. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Atom (Ryan Choi)

21 7.75%
  • Katana (Tatsu Yamashiro)

56 20.66%
  • Batgirl (Cassandra Cain)

107 39.48%
  • Acomplished Perfect Physician (Yao Fei)

1 0.37%
  • August General in Iron (Fang Zhifu)

3 1.11%
  • Dr. Light (Kimiyo Hoshi)

32 11.81%
  • Green Arrow (Connor Hawke)

17 6.27%
  • OMAC (Kevin Kho)

3 1.11%
  • Green Lantern (Kai Ro)

3 1.11%
  • I Ching

2 0.74%
  • Thunder (Gan Williams)

2 0.74%
  • Lightning (Tavis Williams)

1 0.37%
  • Other

23 8.49%
Page 26 of 43 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728293036 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by NightWolf87 View Post
    This Gotham High is a complete mess nothing more then replacing the original lore of Batman. Not to mention adding creating a backlash.
    Yeah i am not digging that nonsense.
    Like the Tim Burton Batman movie. Or the Christian Bale Batman movie. Or Gotham. Or Pennyworth. Or any Batman thing that has tried to seek out a different audience.

Astonishing Member WillieMorgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NightWolf87 View Post
    This Gotham High is a complete mess nothing more then replacing the original lore of Batman. Not to mention adding creating a backlash.
    Yeah i am not digging that nonsense.
    Oh please. I have zero interest in this project also but it's not doing anything of the sort. This is a standalone YA graphic novel with a different take on things that's aimed at a completely separate audience.

This will have no bearing on the mainstream Bat continuity in the slightest. You've been listening to the wrong people on Youtube. I take it that you also feel that the version of Jessica Cruz in DC Super Hero Girls is also 'nonsense' and an affront to the main DCU version? I can assure you that she too, and that entire franchise for that matter, was created for the exact same purpose. To appeal to a different demographic. Enough with the hyperbole.
    Lower The Pissing Winch!

Astonishing Member WillieMorgan's Avatar

Oh, and keeping with the spirit of the thread, I voted for Cassandra Cain in the poll. She's a big favourite of mine.
    Lower The Pissing Winch!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by WillieMorgan View Post
    Oh please. I have zero interest in this project also but it's not doing anything of the sort. This is a standalone YA graphic novel with a different take on things that's aimed at a completely separate audience.

This will have no bearing on the mainstream Bat continuity in the slightest. You've been listening to the wrong people on Youtube. I take it that you also feel that the version of Jessica Cruz in DC Super Hero Girls is also 'nonsense' and an affront to the main DCU version? I can assure you that she too, and that entire franchise for that matter, was created for the exact same purpose. To appeal to a different demographic. Enough with the hyperbole.
    Yeah, the only reason I feel like people rain down on this YA novel...is because it's Batman. It's an out of continuity take of Batman, no different from his mom being an Arkham, or a child care worker, or Batman being a vampire. I am interested in this novel for two reasons:

1.) Using the historical lens of but also modern cultural perspective of today's culture for a younger audience
    2.) Exploring Batman through the light of a Crazy, Rich Asians/Gossip Girls perspective. This
    3.) Having someone who isn't familiar with Batman writing the character and his lore.

I had trouble voting between Ryan Choi and Cassandra but ultimately I had to vote for Batgirl

Amazing Member

Cassandra Cain. I really loved the Shadow of the Batgirl OGN and would love a sequel. Probably going to grab her solo series from 2000 when I get the chance

If there was an Asian character in the DCU that you would like to "rescue from the scrappy heap" so to speak, who would it be?

My pick is Cass, but the Orphan mantle has to go, she needs something better because that name is no good IMO.

Extraordinary Member

Why is Ravager not an option?

My favorite is Kong Kenan.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    If there was an Asian character in the DCU that you would like to "rescue from the scrappy heap" so to speak, who would it be?
    There are a few who are still hanging in there by their fingernails, but in terms of someone who's been nowhere for years and firmly in that scrap heap:
    John Chan, the Man Called CLAW
    Attached Images Attached Images

Shiva will be in Batman: Soul of the Dragon along with what appears to be a racebent Richard Dragon.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post

Shiva will be in Batman: Soul of the Dragon along with what appears to be a racebent Richard Dragon.
    I’m totally fine with Richard Dragon being portrayed as Asian. It’s always bugged me that the supposed greatest martial artist in the DCU was a white American guy. Maybe with Marvel’s Shang Chi on the way, WB/AT&T finally realize that have a huge lack of prominent Asian characters in the DCU.

Dragon looks like he’s a Bruce Lee doppelgänger (he even did the one inch punch), but I really hope they change his ethnicity in the comics of make the next person to take up the mantle of Asian decent.
    Last edited by Robotman; 11-18-2020 at 01:31 AM.

Cool. Shiva with the fishhook though - you know she fights dirty. (although since this is already rated R, they should have had her just rip the guy's lip off )

Quote Originally Posted by Cyborguy View Post
    My favorite is Kong Kenan.
    This. I wish he was the main Superman of Future State, or at least one of the Supermen alongside Jon, Clark, and Kon.