Voters
271. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Atom (Ryan Choi)

21 7.75%
  • Katana (Tatsu Yamashiro)

56 20.66%
  • Batgirl (Cassandra Cain)

107 39.48%
  • Acomplished Perfect Physician (Yao Fei)

1 0.37%
  • August General in Iron (Fang Zhifu)

3 1.11%
  • Dr. Light (Kimiyo Hoshi)

32 11.81%
  • Green Arrow (Connor Hawke)

17 6.27%
  • OMAC (Kevin Kho)

3 1.11%
  • Green Lantern (Kai Ro)

3 1.11%
  • I Ching

2 0.74%
  • Thunder (Gan Williams)

2 0.74%
  • Lightning (Tavis Williams)

1 0.37%
  • Other

23 8.49%
Page 32 of 43 FirstFirst ... 2228293031323334353642 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by OopsIdiditagain View Post
    So if DC's using Tai Pham for the special, are they adding him to the main universe?
    He has already made a cameo in Green Lantern Season Two #11 so i would say he is probably going to be main universe.

Incredible Member

“Special Delivery” – Master of None writer Aniz Ansari makes his comic book debut with artist Sami Basri in this story featuring Robin (Damian Wayne). As Robin ponders about his heritage, he slowly discovers that something about this pizza place seems off…
    Is anyone else nervous about this story? The people know that Damian is not arab or muslim, right? Ra's is descended from Chinese nomads ((or is he from Central Asia or Japan? but not arab) and Talia's mother is white (or mixed race)
    Last edited by Lucas 35; 04-06-2021 at 04:02 PM.

Astonishing Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas 35 View Post
    Is anyone else nervous about this story? The people know that Damian is not arab or muslim, right? Ra's is descended from Chinese nomads ((or is he from Central Asia or Japan? but not arab) and Talia's mother is white (or mixed race)
    Why would he be from Japan? I'm not sure if Central Asians are Arab but there are still a lot of historical ties to Islam there. Talia's mother is not white, she's Arab and Chinese.
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

Ultimate Member

Why would he be from Japan? I'm not sure if Central Asians are Arab but there are still a lot of historical ties to Islam there. Talia's mother is not white, she's Arab and Chinese.
    Isn't Ra's' dad Japanese?

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Isn't he just like a mentor figure? Why would Ra's be from ancient Chinese nomads but also Japanese?

Ultimate Member

Isn't he just like a mentor figure? Why would Ra's be from ancient Chinese nomads but also Japanese?
    Idk. I don't exactly remember his history

I think The Monkey Prince needs to be a regular in the DCU after this. Obviously he’s not gonna be able to support a monthly but maybe on a team book. Being a god maybe he could appear in Justice League Dark. Though if he has Monkey King traits I don’t know if he’ll be a team player.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I think The Monkey Prince needs to be a regular in the DCU after this. Obviously he’s not gonna be able to support a monthly but maybe on a team book. Being a god maybe he could appear in Justice League Dark. Though if he has Monkey King traits I don’t know if he’ll be a team player.
    Maybe DC's answer to Marvel Asian Agents of Atlas.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I wouldn't want the young hero to be in anything too outfacingly dark, personally. From what can be gleamed, Marcus is a teen hero after all.

He does need to be in some kind of on-going capacity from here on out, though.

Marcus can be on a team, especially if they play up the apparent duality between Marcus in both human and Monkey Prince forms. Plus, Sun Wukong's journey is about his growth done within a team setting, so that alone shouldn't be a problem.

It occurs to me that Masks will be the first time Cheshire is written by a writer of Asian descent. Hopefully, this means a less stereotypical take on the character.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Grace Choi is an Amazon?
    In comics? yes.
    In the live action black lightning show? no.

By the way i don't remember if this was posted in this thread but here is some past news.
    Black Lightning Season 4 Promotes Chantal Thuy to Series Regular
    After having a recurring role on Black Lightning since Season 1, it was announced that Chantal Thuy will become a series regular in Season 4.
    https://www.cbr.com/black-lightning-...eries-regular/

Grace Choi
    https://arrow.fandom.com/wiki/Grace_Choi
    https://black-lightning-tv-series.fa...iki/Grace_Choi

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    You're thinking of O'Sensei who was a martial arts master in the League of Assassins who was later 'revealed' to be Ras father in a middling mid-aughts Batman cross over, namely 'Resurrection of Ras Al Ghul'. Prior to that, Ras parentage were never specified.

In Birth of the Demon*, written by his creator, Denny O'Neil, Ras is born to desert nomads somewhere in the Middle East. Neither O'Neil nor Adams specified Ras race in order to keep him ambiguous. However, we now accept that Ras is Arab for obvious reasons. Talia has always been specified as Chinese/Arab from her mother's side.

*Don't care if it's in continuity or not, it's a damn good read regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    You're thinking of O'Sensei who was a martial arts master in the League of Assassins who was later 'revealed' to be Ras father in a middling mid-aughts Batman cross over, namely 'Resurrection of Ras Al Ghul'. Prior to that, Ras parentage were never specified.

In Birth of the Demon*, written by his creator, Denny O'Neil, Ras is born to desert nomads somewhere in the Middle East. Neither O'Neil nor Adams specified Ras race in order to keep him ambiguous. However, we now accept that Ras is Arab for obvious reasons. Talia has always been specified as Chinese/Arab from her mother's side.

thanks for the info

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post

Thanks. That clears things up

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Grace Choi is an Amazon?
    Dude you are super late to the party
    The J-man