Voters
271. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Atom (Ryan Choi)

21 7.75%
  • Katana (Tatsu Yamashiro)

56 20.66%
  • Batgirl (Cassandra Cain)

107 39.48%
  • Acomplished Perfect Physician (Yao Fei)

1 0.37%
  • August General in Iron (Fang Zhifu)

3 1.11%
  • Dr. Light (Kimiyo Hoshi)

32 11.81%
  • Green Arrow (Connor Hawke)

17 6.27%
  • OMAC (Kevin Kho)

3 1.11%
  • Green Lantern (Kai Ro)

3 1.11%
  • I Ching

2 0.74%
  • Thunder (Gan Williams)

2 0.74%
  • Lightning (Tavis Williams)

1 0.37%
  • Other

23 8.49%
Page 33 of 43 FirstFirst ... 23293031323334353637 ... LastLast

I wouldn't mind Sin Tzu return. He made a couple appearances in the New 52.

Has Grace’s ancestry ever been fully explained. I know that she may either be one of the Bana-Mighdall Amazons or be a descendant of one. Why is her last name Choi if she is indeed from Bana-Mighdall? I don’t recall any of them having last names. Maybe her father was Korean?

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Has Grace’s ancestry ever been fully explained. I know that she may either be one of the Bana-Mighdall Amazons or be a descendant of one. Why is her last name Choi if she is indeed from Bana-Mighdall? I don’t recall any of them having last names. Maybe her father was Korean?
    Mercy Graves and Hope Taya where bana-mighdall.

Gotta say, the Monkey Prince isn't thrilling me with that design. But I'm not really a fan of monkeys to begin with and this looks like a slight variation of the other iterations I've seen of the character, rather than a superhero.(not a fan of the sneakers either) I mean, Batman doesn't actually look like a bat, Black Canary doesn't actually look like a bird, Animal Man doesn't look anything like any kind of animal...

Quote Originally Posted by Lonewolf36 View Post
    Mercy Graves and Hope Taya where bana-mighdall.
    Ok, that explains the name. But I’d like to see an exploration of her Asian ancestry. Did the Bana-Mighdall have a separate tribe in China or in the Korean Peninsula?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Gotta say, the Monkey Prince isn't thrilling me with that design. But I'm not really a fan of monkeys to begin with and this looks like a slight variation of the other iterations I've seen of the character, rather than a superhero.(not a fan of the sneakers either) I mean, Batman doesn't actually look like a bat, Black Canary doesn't actually look like a bird, Animal Man doesn't look anything like any kind of animal...
    I think, in this case, the Sun Wukong/Monkey King source is enough of a reason for The Monkey Prince to be more monkey-presenting an animal-based superhero.

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

I would like to see a modern update of this old Batman villain, Dr. Tzin-Tzin.

Batman284.jpg

It's sad that the amount of Asian villains within the DCU is small. I hope creators know that it IS okay to have POC characters as the villain.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by atomicskull View Post
    It's sad that the amount of Asian villains within the DCU is small. I hope creators know that it IS okay to have POC characters as the villain.
    Historically haven't they been portrayed as more villainous than heroic? Or am I remembering it wrong?

DC sure doesn't have any issue depicting Asian characters as villains given how many Yellow Peril/Dragon Lady Stereotypes they have.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    DC sure doesn't have any issue depicting Asian characters as villains given how many Yellow Peril/Dragon Lady Stereotypes they have.
    Yeah, so I don't really see having more Asian villains as much of a solution

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Especially when DC is only now starting to do something significant with their Asian heroes for the first time in years.

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Yeah but you can't ask for representation and then have it one-sided. Villains/adversaries/antagonist matter and are just as valid as heroes. I'm a black man and don't get offended at the idea of black villains. I embrace it.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Especially when DC is only now starting to do something significant with their Asian heroes for the first time in years.
    Exactly

Quote Originally Posted by atomicskull View Post
    Yeah but you can't ask for representation and then have it one-sided. Villains/adversaries/antagonist matter and are just as valid as heroes. I'm a black man and don't get offended at the idea of black villains. I embrace it.
    yeah, but if the heroes haven't been as well represented, it makes sense to focus on them more

Ultimate Member

She may be a 'dragon lady,' but if Asian villains are going to get a turn, I want Tao Jones back!